Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Matturbator's Scivation Diet Solution Log.

I'll be running Scivation's "Diet Solution" for a while. However long it takes. They claim that if you stick to the diet, you can simultaneously lose fat and gain lean mass. So I am going to give it a shot. I'm sitting at 195 lbs and ~20% bodyfat. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Or you could call me a Pescatarian, because I SOMETIMES eat fish. I probably will more so on this diet. The diet can be found here: /fun/the-diet-solution.htm (bb.com at the beginning, can't post it with such a low post count.)

This thread will be updated daily/weekly as I track weight weekly and bodyfat monthly. Food and exericse daily. If I remember to take a starting picture in the morning I will. But if not, oh well. It can be a surprise later. As for my workout routine, I will be following the beginner routine listed here on the forums by "all pro" until I plateau.

I started Monday. Ran 1 mile for cardio.

Today, I lifted. I will start to copy my workout logs into here with reps/sets/etc. But now I must go to bed!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Matturbator View Post
    I'll be running Scivation's "Diet Solution" for a while. However long it takes. They claim that if you stick to the diet, you can simultaneously lose fat and gain lean mass. So I am going to give it a shot. I'm sitting at 195 lbs and ~20% bodyfat. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Or you could call me a Pescatarian, because I SOMETIMES eat fish. I probably will more so on this diet. The diet can be found here: /fun/the-diet-solution.htm (bb.com at the beginning, can't post it with such a low post count.)

This thread will be updated daily/weekly as I track weight weekly and bodyfat monthly. Food and exericse daily. If I remember to take a starting picture in the morning I will. But if not, oh well. It can be a surprise later. As for my workout routine, I will be following the beginner routine listed here on the forums by "all pro" until I plateau.

I started Monday. Ran 1 mile for cardio.

Today, I lifted. I will start to copy my workout logs into here with reps/sets/etc. But now I must go to bed!
    Good luck, just remmeber muscle gain and fat loss only really come as a noob or returning from a LONG break. You need to remember they also sell supplements etc too.

Would you post up the exact diet etc (I have the PDF somewhere) as it will make your log more interesting
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matturbator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I posted a link to it, it's here on bb.com. But at the end of the day I'll post up what I ate today specifically.

As for the products, I am using Xtend intra and sometimes post workout. Instead of their MRP product, I am eating a scoop of whey with a scoop of Phytofood Greens+ for meals that I'm at work.

As for the fat loss/lean mass gains, I am generally a noob. I lifted on and off for a few years. I have been lifting steadily for 3-4 months with decent gains on SS. But I wanted to clean up my diet a lot more and lose some fat along with gaining muscle instead of just gaining strength and fat on SS. (or so it seems) :P

Diet:

8am - whey, 3 slices toast, 2.5 tbsp peanut butter, apple.
    11am - Yves Meatless Chicken Strips, 2 cups veggies, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 tbsp oil.
    2pm - MRP
    5pm - 4 hardboiled eggs, nuts
    8pm - 5oz can of tuna, veggies, brotein shake.

Exercise:

Ran 1 mile. Working up to longer runs.

Notes:

The diet pisses off my family in the sense that I can only eat carbs for breakfast and post workout, so it's difficult to go out for meals and stuff, but I'm not going to stop. Especially not so early. Weights tomorrow, looking forward to drinking some watermelon Xtend! :P

So I didn't post yesterday, because I was working late and ****. But here it is.

Yesterday's menu was the same as Wednesday. I also lifted yesterday. But today here's my stuff..
    Diet:

6am - Yves Meatless Chicken, oil, apple.
    9am - Whey, Almonds
    12pm - Tuna, Avacado
    4pm - Whey, Almonds
    7pm - Starbucks Green Tea Frap, Blueberry Muffin (my bad... basically my week's cheat meal...)

Exercise:

GRUELING day of work today. Had to do tons of extra physical labor today in addition to the normal amount of physical labor. Didn't get a chance to run yet though.

Notes:
    Tired from work. Fights with the girlfriend lately.
    Last edited by Matturbator; 04-30-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    The first step was birth, now forever cursed to analyze your self worth.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:

1 (Post W/O)- 4 oz potato, onion, yves meatless chicken, protein shake
    2- Yves Meatless Chicken, celery, peanut butter
    3- Cheese, milk, grapes
    4- Protein shake, almonds
    5 - Cottage Cheese, peanut butter

Exercise:

Lifted weights and did a 15 minute cardio session immediately after. Watermelon Xtend is my main motivation to lift. <3

Notes:
    Good day today. Went to a friend's art show/concert and had fun. Got my mom a cool painting for mothers day. At the beginning of this diet I started a deload on my lifts, so this next week my lifts will hopefully all be going up. Cardio is getting easier each day as well. So far I'm liking it! Weigh-in on Monday morning!

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:

1 Double Decker Peanut Butter Sandwich, Whey shake, mango
    2- 2 eggs, provolone cheese, milk
    3- 2 eggs, Yves Meatless Chicken, veggies, provolone cheese
    4- Whey shake, peanut butter, apple
    5 - Whey shake

Exercise:

Went on a bike ride with the girlfriend for about 1-1 1/2 hours on the Greenbelt here in Boise. Nice day today!

Notes:
    Diet is going well, easy enough to stick to. Also it's good to hear Osama was killed. LOL.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Weigh in.. -1.5 lb. After taking a **** this morning. Maybe the simultaneous fatloss and gain is occurring, but it's too soon to say for sure! Going to do some cardio then head to work in a bit.
    Last edited by Matturbator; 05-02-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:
    1- Sweet Potato, onion, oil, whey shake
    2- Yves Meatless Chicken, Celery, Provolone Cheese
    3- 4 eggs, peanut butter, banana
    4- Whey, almonds
    5 - Tuna

Exercise:
    Ran for 15 minutes today after dinner.

Notes:
    Just another day...

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:
    1- 4 eggs, provolone cheese, whey shake
    2-(post w/o) Double Decker Peanut Butter Sandwich, whey shake
    3- Yves Meatless Chicken, Peanut Butter
    4- Whey, almonds
    5 - Tofu vegetable stir fry

Exercise:
    Lifted weights and did 15 minutes of cardio.

Notes:
    I feel very tired every day at work on this diet, but I feel SLIGHTLY leaner and I am surprisingly motivated to stick to the diet and do cardio 5-6 times a week. I don't know about a lifestyle diet, but it definitely is nice so far. Thinking about trying out Leangains, but I don't want to stop doing this.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

I just plugged my foods in to a calorie counter and it came out to 2400. That is probably WAY too high........I am following the basic rules of the diet by choosing my protein source and my fat source at each meal. Getting approximately 42g of protein and 20g of fat with each meal 5 times total. My p/c/f today was 210, 145, 120. I will probably have to stop using milk in my protein shakes.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Double post....sorry.

My RMR is 3,500 calories according to the calculator here on bb.com, but I'm sure that is incorrect. Every other calculator I've used comes out between 2,200-2,700 MAX. I'll keep eating like this and see how my weight falls next weigh-in. Might drop the creatine due to unwanted water weight gain, but we'll see..

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your RMR is definitely not 3,500. Weight from creatine is fine, don't drop it. Use it.
    Just a weight lifter

You lose! Good day Sir! themoose333's Avatar
    themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you lifting or just doing cardio?
    Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162405761

"Attention campers, lunch has been canceled today due to a lack of hustle. Deal with it!"
    -Tony Perkins in Heavyweights

S: 345
    B: 240
    D: 385

I knew it couldn't be 3,500. MAYBE 2,500 max.

I am lifting and doing cardio. Lifting 3x a week and cardio 5-6 times a week.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:
    1- 2 scoops whey, raisins, peanut butter
    2- 4 eggs, broccoli, cottage cheese
    3- Yves Meatless Chicken, broccoli
    4- Veggie Burger
    5 - 2 scoops whey, phytofoods, peanut butter

Exercise:
    Ran 2 miles! Never been able to do it without stopping until today!

Notes:
    Very motivated lately. It's nice! Keeping it going and hoping for some good numbers on the next weigh in still!

Slowly, slowly cutting.

MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Matturbator View Post
    Diet:
    1- 2 scoops whey, raisins, peanut butter
    2- 4 eggs, broccoli, cottage cheese
    3- Yves Meatless Chicken, broccoli
    4- Veggie Burger
    5 - 2 scoops whey, phytofoods, peanut butter

Exercise:
    Ran 2 miles! Never been able to do it without stopping until today!

Notes:
    Very motivated lately. It's nice! Keeping it going and hoping for some good numbers on the next weigh in still!
    Diet seems kind of boring, maybe add some different foods in?

Originally Posted by MikeMcAlister View Post
    Diet seems kind of boring, maybe add some different foods in?
    Being a vegetarian really limits my protein choices to basically: whey, eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, tofu, soy "meats", etc. I would love to add a variety of fruits and vegetables, but I can't afford anything else right now, lol! I'm stuck eating broccoli, cauliflower, celery, apples, bananas, basic stuff like that. (I get fruit from work and that's all they give me). I am still motivated with the boring foods, but I will surely add some different fruits and veggies as summer comes along. WATERMELON AND GRAPES!

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Changed my routine from allpro's beginner routine to just a basic ABAxBAB compound program. A is Squat, Bench, Dips. B is Deadlift, Pullups, Rows.

I will post the workout from this morning tonight when I finish eating and post my diet log.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No grains? Cereal? Oats? Cookies?

Come on you need variety besides bird food lol

Scivation Diet Solution is only carbs post workout. I lift fasted first thing in the morning. The only other carbs I can eat are veggies and fruit switching off each meal.

Do you think I should ditch the scivation diet??

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Yes. Read the nutrition stickies, do the calculations and eat the foods you enjoy while meeting dietary requirements. No need for old outdated silly diets.

In my experience, I've always had more luck with low carb/keto type diets. I'm afraid to just stop. But we'll see..

I've read the stickies. Lol.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

It's because you weren't tracking calories properly.

So you're saying that the entire keto diet section of the nutrition forum is useless and they should just eat carbs, yes? Well unless they enjoy not eating carbs...lol

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Never said keto is useless. However in an active healthy weight trainig individual it isn't necessarily efficient.

Ok. Wellllllllllllll I guess I'll try out a general program with a calorie deficit. If anything goes wrong this time around (i doubt it) I'm coming for you.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

Diet:
    2,166 cal. 213g carbs. 98g fat. 135g protein. Hit my macros on the spot today!

Exercise:
    Squat 205 x 5, 5, 5
    Bench 115 x 5, 5, 5
    BW Dips x 4, 4, 4

Notes:
    I like this routine muuuuuch better. Also, as discussed above a few posts, I'm taking Cumulonimbus' advice and ditching the scivation diet and going for a more general approach. I'm eating at a deficit and am expecting 1.5-2lbs weightloss each week from here on out. I am also thinking about the Leangains approach, because I have a gay work schedule and don't want to keep bringing food in. (The food I can eat there is all garbage) and because I have read/seen some great reports of fat loss accompanied by muscle gain.
    Last edited by Matturbator; 05-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Slowly, slowly cutting.

MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMcAlister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    Yes. Read the nutrition stickies, do the calculations and eat the foods you enjoy while meeting dietary requirements. No need for old outdated silly diets.
    Totally agree. Eat what you like.

Cool, thanks for the opinion man!

Slowly, slowly cutting.