Now you can finally reach into the bread basket without feeling guilty! Garlic bread is one of those incredible sides that goes great with just about anything! This recipe is a low carb alternative to your traditional starchy bread and uses tofu instead of flour as the base. This goes great with my low carb deep dish pizza recipe! Serve as a starter, side, or enjoy as a snack at any time!
1 Package Lite Firm Tofu
6Tbsp Egg Whites (the whites of 2 eggs)
2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (I used a 3 cheese Blend)
2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Rosemary, Oregano and Garlic Powder to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Drain tofu, break into pieces and place in food processor
3. Add egg whites, flaxmeal, rosemary, garlic powder and oregano to the processor
4. Blend until a creamy consistency is reached
5. Spread the mixture onto a greased aluminum foil lined sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes
6. Remove from oven and drizzle olive oil, minced garlic and cheese over the top
7. Place the bread back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.
8. Let cool, cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
FOR MACRO NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN AND MORE DELICIOUS LOW CARB RECIPES CHECK OUT www.sinorslim.com !
Thread: Garlic Bread Recipe
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM #1
Garlic Bread RecipeFor more daily and personally made low carb and keto recipes check out www.sinorslim.com
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM #2
03-14-2012, 06:52 PM #3
04-02-2012, 06:33 AM #4
04-02-2012, 07:11 AM #5
By Insight in forum Losing FatReplies: 790Last Post: 12-17-2014, 12:07 PM
By sithroya in forum Misc.Replies: 13Last Post: 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
By gijoe985 in forum KetoReplies: 21Last Post: 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
By leonutz in forum NutritionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2005, 09:52 AM