Thread: Hello Leg Drive

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hello Leg Drive

First day back in the gym since tweaking my neck. Used it as a form checkup for squats and bench. I spent some time during recovery to polish up on my mechanics and played with a few things. Foot placement and hi bar vs low bar on squats and then foot placement on bench. I have to say foot placement during bench is the one thing that has gotten sloppy. I made sure to get my feet back and flat which helped significantly. I actually went a bit heavier tonight and it actually felt kind of light. Really encouraging.

On the downside I felt my right trap tightening up again so I called it a night a tad earlier than I wanted. Can't handle another setback. Going to ice it and get back in tomorrow.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you think about it, almost all exercises involve your traps in one way or another. Forgive my ignorance but have you seen a doctor or a sports therapist?
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Subzer0ZX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I fixed my form up last bench day and made a new PR of 87.5kg (192lb) for 5x5.

This is 2 sessions after breaking my plateau at 82.5.

Form is key
    "Good news is rare these days, and every glittering ounce of it should be cherished and hoarded and worshipped and fondled like a priceless diamond." HST

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From your neck alone,if you were a horse, we'd have to shoot you.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    If you think about it, almost all exercises involve your traps in one way or another. Forgive my ignorance but have you seen a doctor or a sports therapist?
    Yes I saw a family doctor and separate chiropractor immediately after the injury. However all they did was treat the initial strain with muscle relaxants, a massage, adjustment and recommendations for ice and certain stretches. My right trap is noticeably larger than the left. I'm going to switch BB overhead presses to DB to try and even things out. I don't know if the dominant right side is trying to take too much of the load on barbell exercises. Certainly open to suggestions.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    From your neck alone,if you were a horse, we'd have to shoot you.
    Perhaps I could be used for glue?

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    Perhaps I could be used for glue?
    Naw. We'll keep you around in case anyone wants to beat a dead horse.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Naw. We'll keep you around in case anyone wants to beat a dead horse.
    Smart thinking.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    Yes I saw a family doctor and separate chiropractor immediately after the injury. However all they did was treat the initial strain with muscle relaxants, a massage, adjustment and recommendations for ice and certain stretches. My right trap is noticeably larger than the left. I'm going to switch BB overhead presses to DB to try and even things out. I don't know if the dominant right side is trying to take too much of the load on barbell exercises. Certainly open to suggestions.
    I think DB overhead presses will put more strain on your traps because it allows you to go lower on the movement. Pay close attention to the movement when you perform that exercise. Maybe go light( I know I would). As for symmetry, I can't answer that as both sides of my body are equal. I've never been a fan of DB exercises, but in your case this may be what you need.
    If I were you, I would post in the main O/V 35 and let guys like Ironwill & co. Give you their advice.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    I think DB overhead presses will put more strain on your traps because it allows you to go lower on the movement. Pay close attention to the movement when you perform that exercise. Maybe go light( I know I would). As for symmetry, I can't answer that as both sides of my body are equal. I've never been a fan of DB exercises, but in your case this may be what you need.
    If I were you, I would post in the main O/V 35 and let guys like Ironwill & co. Give you their advice.
    Thanks so-tex. Plateauplower suggested going with DBs to even things out. The other thing with using a barbell is you have neck movement when clearing the bar past your face. I think that movement contributed to straining my neck. I will be sure to keep an eye on my depth and not go too heavy. I appreciate the advice.