YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000)

Critique a future NPC Competitors routine, srs 4.5k reps

--someone directed me to post this in this sect of the forums instead of the Workout area for help, sorry if I was trolled. Will delete thread if someone aware me I was trolled...
    I would still appreciate any advice from this section, thanks

This routine was made by me and adjusted a little bit by my PL friend who is quite knowledgeable in these kinds of things. I have been training for almost 2 years now.

I would first like to say this before anyone notices I'm working back/legs/arms 2x a week and abs 3x a week.

-My arms are way too small compared to my base b/c of the PL routines I have done. I need to bring them up for contest shape. In the past, PHAT has helped
    -I have 2x leg days b/c I am unable to squat/deadlift from a herniated disc/piriformis syndrome. Also unable to perform any heavy compound leg exercises.
    -My back is a major weak point of my body, especially my lats. Well my upper back, my lower back is too strong causing an anterior pelvic tilt.
    -Abs 3x a week b/c as I said, I have APT. My abs and glutes are too weak so I need to strengthen my abs and glutes. (another reason to do legs 2x a week)

Well, now you guys know my weaknesses and my goal is hypertrophy. Once my herniated disc/piriformis syndrome is fixed, I plan to hop onto another routine w/ both hypertrophy and PL styles of lifting. And I will be eating tons and tons of food of course.

Sunday – Rest
    Monday – Lower Body and Abs
    -Lunges 5x12
    -Hamstring Curls 5x6-10
    -Leg Extensions 2x20
    -Seated Calf Raises 5x10-20
    -Planks 4x10-20secs
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    -Stomach Vacuums 3x10-15secs
    Tuesday – Chest and Arms (Side Delts)
    -BB Bench 5x5
    -Incline Cable Flies 3x13
    -Hammer Strength Wide Press 3x6-10
    -Reverse BB Curls 4x13
    -Close Grip BB Curls 2x10
    -Hammer Curls 3x6-8
    -Tricep Pull Downs 4x8-12
    -Side Lateral Raises 3x15
    Wednesday – Back and Abs (Rear Delts)
    -V-Bar Pull Downs 5x10-12
    -DB Rows 5x10
    -Hammer Strength High Rows 3x15
    -DB Shoulder Press 3x10
    -Reverse Flies 4x12
    -Crunch Machine 4x6-8
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    Thursday – Rest
    Friday – Lower Body and Abs
    -Lunges 5x12
    -Hamstring Curls 5x6-10
    -Leg Extensions 2x20
    -Planks 4x10-20secs
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    Saturday – Back and Arms
    -Close Grip Lat Pull Downs 4x6-8
    -DB Rows 4x6-8
    -Hammer Strength High Rows 2x15
    -Tricep Pull Downs 3x8-12
    -Skull Crushers 3x6-8
    -Reverse BB Curls 4x8
    -DB Curls 2x10
    -Hammer Curls 3x12
    Last edited by YANGSHIM; 05-28-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    frat life

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't have a routine tweak for you, but this is a very good section to post in. There is a lot of smart people in here. I've learned a lot since I started to become a regular in here the last couple months. JerryB could give you good advice.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by YANGSHIM View Post
    ... I am unable to squat/deadlift from a herniated disc/piriformis syndrome. Also unable to perform any heavy compound leg exercises.

Once my herniated disc/piriformis syndrome is fixed, I plan to hop onto another routine w/ both hypertrophy and PL styles of lifting.
    There's little point in getting a critique of a partial routine. For now, just do what you can that doesn't aggravate your injuries.

Get your medical issues squared-away first, and then think about your routine.

Best of luck to you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    I don't have a routine tweak for you, but this is a very good section to post in. There is a lot of smart people in here. I've learned a lot since I started to become a regular in here the last couple months. JerryB could give you good advice.
    Alright sweet, I guess I'll lurk in the O35 sect for a little bit...
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    There's little point in getting a critique of a partial routine. For now, just do what you can that doesn't aggravate your injuries.

Get your medical issues squared-away first, and then think about your routine.

Best of luck to you.
    Thank you, but I have a feeling I'm going to use this routine all summer... Still trying to get help for my back asap, but my doc just gave me ibuprofen and told me to stay out of the gym for 3 weeks...I was out for 1-2months and my x-ray showed nothing. I think I may need to get an MRI or something
    frat life

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Alright sweet, I guess I'll lurk in the O35 sect for a little bit...

Thank you, but I have a feeling I'm going to use this routine all summer... Still trying to get help for my back asap, but my doc just gave me ibuprofen and told me to stay out of the gym for 3 weeks...I was out for 1-2months and my x-ray showed nothing. I think I may need to get an MRI or something
    JerryB is on my most inspirational list on my bodyspace. I think he wins every contest he enters.

thanks ^^^
    will pm him
    frat life

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    --someone directed me to post this in this sect of the forums instead of the Workout area for help, sorry if I was trolled. Will delete thread if someone aware me I was trolled...
    I would still appreciate any advice from this section, thanks

This routine was made by me and adjusted a little bit by my PL friend who is quite knowledgeable in these kinds of things. I have been training for almost 2 years now.

I would first like to say this before anyone notices I'm working back/legs/arms 2x a week and abs 3x a week.

-My arms are way too small compared to my base b/c of the PL routines I have done. I need to bring them up for contest shape. In the past, PHAT has helped
    -I have 2x leg days b/c I am unable to squat/deadlift from a herniated disc/piriformis syndrome. Also unable to perform any heavy compound leg exercises.
    -My back is a major weak point of my body, especially my lats. Well my upper back, my lower back is too strong causing an anterior pelvic tilt.
    -Abs 3x a week b/c as I said, I have APT. My abs and glutes are too weak so I need to strengthen my abs and glutes. (another reason to do legs 2x a week)

Well, now you guys know my weaknesses and my goal is hypertrophy. Once my herniated disc/piriformis syndrome is fixed, I plan to hop onto another routine w/ both hypertrophy and PL styles of lifting. And I will be eating tons and tons of food of course.

Sunday – Rest
    Monday – Lower Body and Abs
    -Lunges 5x12
    -Hamstring Curls 5x6-10
    -Leg Extensions 2x20
    -Planks 4x10-20secs
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    Tuesday – Chest and Arms (Side Delts)
    -BB Bench 5x5
    -Incline Cable Flies 3x13
    -Hammer Strength Wide Press 3x6-10
    -Reverse BB Curls 4x13
    -Close Grip BB Curls 2x10
    -Hammer Curls 3x6-8
    -Tricep Pull Downs 4x8-12
    -Side Lateral Raises 3x15
    Wednesday – Back and Abs (Rear Delts)
    -V-Bar Pull Downs 5x10-12
    -DB Rows 5x10
    -Hammer Strength High Rows 3x15
    -DB Shoulder Press 3x10
    -Reverse Flies 4x12
    -Crunch Machine 4x6-8
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    Thursday – Rest
    Friday – Lower Body and Abs
    -Lunges 5x12
    -Hamstring Curls 5x6-10
    -Leg Extensions 2x20
    -Planks 4x10-20secs
    -Frog Crunches 3x35
    Saturday – Back and Arms
    -Close Grip Lat Pull Downs 4x6-8
    -DB Rows 4x6-8
    -Hammer Strength High Rows 2x15
    -Tricep Pull Downs 3x8-12
    -Skull Crushers 3x6-8
    -Reverse BB Curls 4x8
    -DB Curls 2x10
    -Hammer Curls 3x12
    It does not look like a bad approach. I would make the following suggestions:
    1. Since you are hitting each body part twice a week, you can reduce the volume on several of the sets you are doing. Experiment with three sets of some movements and upping the weight a little to see what that does for you.
    2. I don't see the reason for doing the side laterals on chest day with shoulders following the next day. This could lead to some overuse problems.
    3. I would not start my biceps work with reverse curls. In fact, I would lose the reverse curls and do Scott curls, or incline DB curls.
    4. Do pullups instead of the pull down work. Nothing will make your back bigger.

Good luck,
    Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when I try to read routines like that, it literally gives me a headache...and why? because the numbers are all verbatim....it is always, ALWAYS, how you DO the exercises that matter...
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    It does not look like a bad approach. I would make the following suggestions:
    1. Since you are hitting each body part twice a week, you can reduce the volume on several of the sets you are doing. Experiment with three sets of some movements and upping the weight a little to see what that does for you.
    2. I don't see the reason for doing the side laterals on chest day with shoulders following the next day. This could lead to some overuse problems.
    3. I would not start my biceps work with reverse curls. In fact, I would lose the reverse curls and do Scott curls, or incline DB curls.
    4. Do pullups instead of the pull down work. Nothing will make your back bigger.

Good luck,
    Ray
    Thanks for the advice. but...I can't do any pullups. I was around 135-140 and now im 180lbs+. Sorry excuse I know haha .

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    when I try to read routines like that, it literally gives me a headache...and why? because the numbers are all verbatim....it is always, ALWAYS, how you DO the exercises that matter...
    I don't blame you. I get dizzy as well sometimes reading those repetitive lines.
    Thanks for the advice.
    frat life