davesdomain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Leg Extension/Curl Attachment for homemade bench??

I was wondering if those of you with a leg extension attachment could give me the dimensions of the shaft that slides into the bench. I bought a power rack and bench off craigslist from a guy that had it made. It came with a preacher curl attachment and that measures 1 3/4". I'm trying to find a leg extension that may fit.
    Thanks.
    Dave

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pipe or tube?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Pipe or tube?
    Square Tube.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The Ironmaster Leg Attachment might work.

When I first measured mine with a tape measure it looked to be 1-3/4". I measured it again with some calipers and came up with 1.78 inches.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    The Ironmaster Leg Attachment might work.

When I first measured mine with a tape measure it looked to be 1-3/4". I measured it again with some calipers and came up with 1.78 inches.
    Thanks for the measurement. It looks like the post on the ironmaster is vertical. I will need a horizontal type post. Does anyone know the size of the powertec leg extension?

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by davesdomain View Post
    Thanks for the measurement. It looks like the post on the ironmaster is vertical. I will need a horizontal type post. Does anyone know the size of the powertec leg extension?
    The post on the IM leg attachment attaches to the bench horizontally. I'll post a photo in a few minutes...

IM Leg Attachment photos

This photo, below, shows the leg attachment just prior to being attached to the bench. Note that the attachment post is (roughly) horizontal. It's not quite horizontal due to the height of the foot on the end. But, once attached to the bench, it is horizontal.

Below are two photos of the bench attached to the leg attachment.

End view of the receptacle used for many of the Ironmaster attachments. The dip bars, chin up bar, leg attachment, preacher curl pad, and cable tower all attach to this receptacle.

Attached Images

I think I got it mixed up. I was looking for a vertical type tube. But now I see how the Ironmaster attaches. I'm going to check the front of the bench to see if I can attach it there. Thanks for the pics.

Just checked my bench and it doesn't look like I will be able to get the ironmaster leg extension to work. The square tube on the front of my bench does not come all the way to edge, plus it looks to be smaller and has a swivel mount for the incline.

Guess I'm back at trying to figure out if a powertec or bodysolid will fit. I posted on powertec message board but nothing yet.