Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink My keto journey to weight loss

First let me say that 2 weeks ago I cut my calories and was doing low Carb low fat for a week then I cut out the carbs in the form of wheat bread, brown rice, and sweet potato. Mid week I cut my carbs even lower for keto. So far I'm loving it! Today is day 3 and even though I have to go without certain things I like that I have variety in what I can eat compared to low fat/ low Carb.

Today. For breakfast I just had a was Carb control shake.
    Snack cheese and turkey pepperoni
    lunch 2 hamburgers with some cheese stuffed in it.
    Dinner that's on the agenda is steak and mashed cauliflower (as long as it tastes good :/)

Yesterday I lagged in energy but other than that good to go.

My workouts are 3 days a week weights and cardio 5 days. For the last 2week weeks I've lost and gained the same 4lbs.

The plan is to lose this chunk once and for all.

mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrsyac2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 5

So far so good. Energy isn't lacking but then again its still early in the day. Haven't weighed since Sunday have to buy a new scale. Hitting the gym tonight fir cardio and weights. Taking it day by day
    Pain is weakness leaving the body-

Tired of being chunky buns

Today went good.

Breakfast was shake
    2wasn't cups of green tea

Snack low Carb low sugar yogurt

Lunch taco salad no tomatoes or tortilla

Snack peanut butter with splenda

Dinner steak.

I know I'm slacking in the veggies

Calories 1550 carbs 22 first time I've gone over 20.

I checked the stick this morning and it was trace but last night it was higher. Its prob because its diluted. Nonetheless I feel good. My scale is broke so I can't weigh in until I go buy one later this week so will probably weigh in Friday morning which is good since I'm a scale whore not to mention that will be exactly a week since I started. Hoping I see something good. About to head to the gym and toss some weights. Need to do some cardio too if time allows.

Annoyed

Peed on the ketostick and it said negative wtf...

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea it does that sometimes, irritatating

jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mrsyac2 View Post
    Peed on the ketostick and it said negative wtf...
    Just remember. If your pee stinks and your breath is real bad, your most likely in ketosis. Sticks can sometimes be misleading.

Originally Posted by jkcstewart View Post
    Just remember. If your pee stinks and your breath is real bad, your most likely in ketosis. Sticks can sometimes be misleading.
    Does that always happen because I have neither issue

My ass is dragging today...

Breakfast was shake

Lunch
    6 hot wings not breaded coated in hot sauce and butter. Cream cheese with splenda as a treat

Snack
    cheese.
    Besides being tired I feel fine have to get some energy to hit the gym tonight gonna have to pull it from my toes cause I'm beat

jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkcstewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does that always happen because I have neither issue
    In most cases it does. I can't be 100% sure. How have your carbs been? By the looks of your last meal I can see why there is no energy. How long have you been at ketosis?

txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txlonghorns23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My ass is dragging today...
    Cream cheese with splenda as a treat
    Sugar alcohols and sugar substitutes can sometimes keep people out of and from going in to keto. Keep your carbs extremely low (20 g or less) and do a HIIT session. You will have to be in keto by then. Also you might be too hydrated. Ketostix give false readings if your urine contains too much water
    "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about"

Originally Posted by jkcstewart View Post
    In most cases it does. I can't be 100% sure. How have your carbs been? By the looks of your last meal I can see why there is no energy. How long have you been at ketosis?
    Started last Friday yesterday was the first time I hit 29 carbs all the rest of the days have been less than 20. As far as being tired its the norm regardless if I have carbs or not I'm a pretty busy person always going.

Originally Posted by txlonghorns23 View Post
    Sugar alcohols and sugar substitutes can sometimes keep people out of and from going in to keto. Keep your carbs extremely low (20 g or less) and do a HIIT session. You will have to be in keto by then. Also you might be too hydrated. Ketostix give false readings if your urine contains too much water
    I am constantly drinking water and just added in green tea since I can't drink coffee without creamer. I thought sugar substitutes were okay?

Feeling much better. Just got back from a legs and ABS workout.

Dinner was the rest of my hot wings. I ended up getting a metal taste in my mouth on the way to the gym I think because I drink so much water and chew gum constantly I don't notice it.

I am a scale whore so I will get on the scale in the morning... besides being exhausted from work today was a good day..

Success on the scale

Will be on keto for 1 week tomorrow however since I've been on my journey of getting back into shape it will be 3 weeks tomorrow as well and as of today down 8 lbs...

Tore it up tonight at the gym shoulders, bi's and tri's plus cardio. Lower body is sore from lastnights leg routine...

I am tired

Today went great it was supposed to be my rest day but... instead I went to a 2zumbathon hour zumbathon. It was for a good cause and I got some great cardio in. Eating was on point as well as my carbs.. won't weigh tomorrow because of my heavy cheeseburger meal in my stomach lol..

BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDakota has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am constantly drinking water and just added in green tea since I can't drink coffee without creamer. I thought sugar substitutes were okay?
    heavy whipping cream has 5g fat 0 carbs per tbs, i use 2 tbs and 1 splenda and im set, and i really like my coffee sweet/creamy. i have like 6-8 a day and it doesnt affect my keto.
    "Yes, there is icing on the cake, but the icing on the cake is the cake itself"

Motivation for the day

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142518611

Well..

Trying to get back into keto..I drank on Saturday for St Patty's day and then ate carbs. I did a fast yesterday and kicked the water up today. Haven't touched the scale since Sunday but per the ketostix yesterday I was negative. Not stressing I will be back in keto hopefully by Friday if not tomorrow. On another note hit the gym tonight and feeling pretty good.

still not in keto

Checked my ketostix and still nothing gotta get back in ketosis asap. I did pop on the scale this afternoon and I'm up 3lb hoping its just because its the middle of the day will check again in the morning. I have to go extra hard until next Friday which is fine once I get back into ketosis. I'm keeping up with my workouts though only missed 1 workout and that was Monday but then again I did do 2 hours of cardio on my rest day so I guess that equals out. Oh well I will keep trucking along on this journey.

today is 2 weeks doing keto

Didn't check my strips today but not stressing it. Those 3lbs I was up yesterday in the afternoon went away. Hit up the grocery store today and my cart was packed with meat.. I actually laughed when I took a second to look at it then when I got home I realized that I forgot to get my family carbs for their meals.. oh well I'll hit the store up again later. Anyway eating is good to go today.

Breakfast/lunch didn't eat breakfast
    southwestern egg beaters with cheese

Snack
    Pepperoni

Dinner will be burgers of course no bun.

Hopefully will be in keto by tomorrow.

No gym for me tonight but tomorrow I will be doing another two hour zumbathon. Its fun and a great way to burn a lot if calories and what girl doesn't like to pop her butt lol..

Back in keto

Yes! Today was good and tonight even better I checked the stick and I'm back in keto. I did however have a bite of macaroni salad and baked beans but that's it. All in all a good day

Fasted cardio

No breakfast and 2 hours of zumba and I'm feeling really good. Nice sweat session. Now to get some food in my belly.

Today was good other than me being sore. My carbs for the day are higher than normal but still less than 50 just checked the stick and it said moderate woohoo. My calories are low too so that's a good thing.

I will say it seems my recovery sucks since doing keto but I'm sure my body will adjust

Up 2lbs

Grrr.. got on the scale and I'm up 2lbs thinking its watter weight though.. went for a 1 mile walk this morning before eating still have the gym tonight with cardio. Thinking about taking a water pill though. Not in ketosis due to falling off the bandwagon but will be there soon.

Breakfast was Carb advantage shake..

Lunch- gonna get me a cheeseburger minus the bun..

I did buy pork skins so I could get that crunch without the carbs never had them before though..

My goal is to lose as much weight by memorial day weekend lets see how that goes..

Great workout

Today went smooth without any glitches..

Snack pepperoni
    Dinner pulled pork with low Carb BBQ sauce
    snack whipped cream, splenda, unsweeted cocoa, and heavy cream.

Workout was great.. besides my early cardio session I hit legs tonight. I pushed myself hard and almost lost my cookies a few times but still kept pushing felt great besides that. Actually got nauseous yesterday too when I pushed through a circuit...

Getting on the scale in the morning fingers crossed its a drop.

Down another 2lbs

Happy to see the scale go down again this morning... 11lbs in 4.5 weeks and have been doing keto 3for weeks as of tomorrow.

Thumbs down Tonights workout sucked

I lacked energy but tried to push through but my muscles were not cooperating I gassed out fast...

Today ='s 3 weeks on keto

My ketostix are registering so that's good however my scale fluctuated up 2lbs which annoyed me since I was hoping for another lb lost to make it a total of 12lbs in 5 weeks ob well I always hold water after legs. Hopefully it levels off tomorrow. As far as my energy it is still lacking I just want to sleep. Think I'm gonna go have a few cups of green tea hopefully the caffeine will wake me up.
    Last edited by mrsyac2; 03-30-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Breakfast southwestern egg beaters and some Mexican cheese

Dinner went to a japenese spot. I got shrimp and steak and veggies and I did have 1 of my husbands shrimp tempura rolls. I logged everything and I'm under 40 carbs for the day

Snack heavy cream and splenda with unsweetened cocoa made chocolate whipped cream...yum kicks a sweet tooth.

The rest of the night I will be chugging water fingers crossed I like my scale in the morning..
    think I'm gonna take a water pill tonight as well

Cool Today is my birthday

Which equals my Carb up..after today I don't plan on having another Carb up for a couple of weeks. I didn't lose at much weight as I wanted but I still feel good.