Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Threatened in the tym because i am a PT

So I took my brother who is home for the weekend to my local gym for a workout with me. I am a home PT. A personal Trainer at this gym confronted me (in front of his client) asked me if I am training this guy, I explained he is my brother. He then threatened me and said 'watch out. I am fuming!!
    This guy is an ex pro boxer so putting an official complaint in, may have its consequences. What should I do? I can't leave as I'm on a contract at this gym.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're fine. The PT just sounded threatened by other people working in "his" gym. Workout partners and teaching your friends/family things is fine, in any gym, any time. Just explain to management he's your brother and you're training together.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Crazy as a **** house rat YoBigFatMomma's Avatar
    YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did he actually threaten you with violence?
    385/245/485 @ 210

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    <|>
    ┌8====D
    ⌡ \

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    First of all it sounds like the guy is totally unprofessional if he confronted you while he was with a client. However, if you were actually "training" your brother then he might have been in the right. I see people all the time working out with people and obviously giving them tips, which is no big deal. If I see the same guy doing it with a few different people or the guy is obviously coaching and not working out himself then I'm going to bust him.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always welcome gym members sharing their knowledge. The other day as I'd finished my shift I saw a kid loading up the bar to do some 14 squats, just as my mate Greg was coming in. "Greg," I said, "can you go sort out that guy's squats?"

Greg politely told me to fck off, I had the uniform, I should do it. "Damnit, now I have to stay after work." So I went and sorted the kid out. I then got my revenge by introducing the kid to Greg and saying, "If you have any questions and I'm not around, ask Greg."

For a while we got this shaven-headed fake-tanned bodybuilder bloke coming in with women about half his size and giving them PT. He'd do a few token sets with them doing their 30kg squats and 40kg deadlifts, it wasn't terribly convincing. So he wasn't working out with them, and he wasn't just a member sharing his knowledge. He was doing PT. The problem I had with it was not that a guy was doing PT without being an employee of the gym, but that he was a fcking useless coach. Half-squats with a pad, round-backed deadlifts - he was going to injure his clients, and then who would be liable? Pain in the arse all-round.

Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

The threat was saying I should 'watch out from now on. To even say that is out of order. And I have always trained on my own at this gym, my brother came home and we both worked out together, it was clear as daylight!
    The guy even followed me into the changing room to ask me again and warn me. Still very angry how unprofessional and rude it is.

underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) underjeep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Burnzy7 View Post
    The threat was saying I should 'watch out from now on. To even say that is out of order. And I have always trained on my own at this gym, my brother came home and we both worked out together, it was clear as daylight!
    The guy even followed me into the changing room to ask me again and warn me. Still very angry how unprofessional and rude it is.
    the guy is on roids if he gets this angry that easily. Don't play into his game, he is looking for an easy fight and is going to knock you out. I suggest a ski mask and a crow bar and deliver it to his knee. Do this 6 months later so as to not alert any suspicion on yourself. Of course everything that I said is just a joke and shouldn't be done.

netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000) netopia is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by underjeep View Post
    the guy is on roids if he gets this angry that easily. Don't play into his game, he is looking for an easy fight and is going to knock you out. I suggest a ski mask and a crow bar and deliver it to his knee. Do this 6 months later so as to not alert any suspicion on yourself. Of course everything that I said is just a joke and shouldn't be done.
    Great advice
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by netopia View Post
    Great advice
    ^^ agreed. I say walk up, kick him square in the "boxer shorts" heh see what i did there? He is a boxer... and i said "boxer shorts" heh.. *cough* anyway.

If you ar at all intimidated to go to the gym now, or for any reason feel uncomfertable going in you really should file a complaint with management. It is the gyms job to provide a safe and comfertable environment, if they are not doing this than they are breaching their contract with you and if it is not addressed and fixed in a timely fashion than you are under no obligation to patron that establishment.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was warned against training with my mother in her gym (of the same chain I work for). Two guys walked up to me to tell us - because one clearly couldn't get the job done. They were rude about it, not smiling whatsoever. And apparently, one of the front desk girls tried printing out my member screenshot (from when I first sign in) and put it in the manager's file. Another told me about it and said she took it out. But really...

I have been in there maybe once since, and I made sure to stay away from my mom while she worked out so I couldn't get in trouble. My mom goes in and I'm still not sure she knows what she's doing.

It's pretty ridiculous. Clearly I was not holding sessions, asking my mom to pay. I did get people coming up to me asking questions though or thinking I was a trainer so that really pissed off the employees there...Be careful or they will have you kicked out or have your membership terminated. Especially if they know you are a trainer as well

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I trained my mom at her gym when I visited over Xmas. I tried to be low key about it the first day but they were super friendly. I trained her with no problems and they even let me come for free since it was the holidays. Not one of your big box gyms though. From a business standpoint, think how happy that makes an older woman. Think she'll switch to 24hr after that?

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess as a small bussiness owner i dont see the big deal. If you are related to the member or arent going overboard on the "im a trainer!" front... Do people have such a need for drama as to call out the daughter helping her mother get into shape? Maby i just have the audacity to tell them to shove it and leave me alone.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500) TrimLines is not very helpful. (-500)
    That guy is a total prick tough guy and Im guessing an unsuccessful trainer. Anyone with that attitude is clearly insecure with themselves, for god sakes its your brother! When I train myself at my gym its generally with someone else and sometimes even a few people and I train them. Yes I set the workouts I give advice and I correct form when needed, they are my friends and we are working out together. Everyone pays membership fees and we bother no one, not a single trainer ever bothers us and most of them watch and even ask advice if they are inexperienced themselves. Bottom line is you are dealing with an insecure bitch that happens to be a good boxer, I would certainly tell management he threatened you. IMO you are in the right in this situation.

joshuasikorski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally would have just laughed and asked if he was serious, if he's gonna try to fight you over it... let it happen, he'll look like a piece of **** and probably lose his job.... he must not be a good trainer if he's that threatened by you... haha

jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If he threatened you with any kind of violence, definitely report him to management or even the police. I can't believe he would just leave his client to threaten another gym-goer. What kind of professional behavior is that? One of the cardinal sins of PT is failing to give your client your full attention.

Did you get threatened with violence or did he just threaten to have you kicked out of the gym?

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Burnzy7: You need to tell the gym manager about the threat, he or she needs to get a handle ont his clown. if he threatens you again tell him to stop talking and just start swinging. Remind him that three things will happpen one the police will arrest him, he will loose his job, he and the gym will be sued. also remind him thought three things will happen and to make his day worse you may wipe up the gym floor with him.
    My best line to clowns like this is "Hope you pack a lunch becaue it going to be an all day job for you".

Registered physio(almost) wjs010's Avatar
    wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry that happened bud. I can't imagine being so greedy about every little profit center and going to such unprofessional lengths to stop secret under the table trainers, especially when that's not even what you were doing. I e honestly never heard of this happening, but I always wondered how can they ever prove that you were not compensated for training someone. These people need some serious management skills
    Originally Posted by kristinpete38 View Post
    I was warned against training with my mother in her gym (of the same chain I work for). Two guys walked up to me to tell us - because one clearly couldn't get the job done. They were rude about it, not smiling whatsoever. And apparently, one of the front desk girls tried printing out my member screenshot (from when I first sign in) and put it in the manager's file. Another told me about it and said she took it out. But really...

I have been in there maybe once since, and I made sure to stay away from my mom while she worked out so I couldn't get in trouble. My mom goes in and I'm still not sure she knows what she's doing.

It's pretty ridiculous. Clearly I was not holding sessions, asking my mom to pay. I did get people coming up to me asking questions though or thinking I was a trainer so that really pissed off the employees there...Be careful or they will have you kicked out or have your membership terminated. Especially if they know you are a trainer as well

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    walk up to the manager and ask if it's ok to workout with your brother if he says no then don't if he says no big deal then talk to the jerk trainer and tell him you talked to the manager and it's ok .. if he has a problem tell him to take it up to
    the manager not you ..
    if he still gives you a hard time sue him and the ****ing gym ..
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you need to go to the GM of the club and report it. Make an incident report of what happened also. Trainers sometimes take offense when they think outside trainers are "on their turf" but they should not act like you did - and they should not threaten you!

If you make an incident report of this and something does happen you have a record to show the police. The gym owners/management should take steps to ensure your safety when you are in their facility.

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by wjs010 View Post
    Sorry that happened bud. I can't imagine being so greedy about every little profit center and going to such unprofessional lengths to stop secret under the table trainers, especially when that's not even what you were doing. I e honestly never heard of this happening, but I always wondered how can they ever prove that you were not compensated for training someone. These people need some serious management skills
    Yeah, I asked how they defined training -how they were able to differentiate between training someone and working out with them- and the guy just paused and said "just if it looks like you're training someone"

Just talking with a friend could "look like I'm training someone" depending on who's watching. Someone who disliked me could make up a story, say they saw me pocketing hundreds in the dark corner of the gym...doesn't make it true but I guess that's evidence enough to get rid of a member...?

OP keep doing what you're doing. If the manager warns you, reconsider this gym you're at.

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by underjeep View Post
    He is on roids if he gets angry that easily? What? Idiot.