AntJones202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to lose 40 pounds in 9 weeks?

I am 24 years old, 5'11 and 300 pounds. I am in a weight loss competition with my two brother and if I win I will get $300 from both of them. If I eat one BIG meal at lunch (Low-carb) and drink a protein shake (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard) one for breakfast and one for dinner. The only snack I will have is popcorn. No butter or salt. No candy, soda. I drink sweet tea but not a lot of sugar. I will run 5 miles a day and do 100 sit ups, push ups and jumping jax. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I will do a medicine ball workout I found on Men's Health. I will drink LOTS of water and take MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro Series and GNC Mega men as well. I know that I will have to lose 4.5lbs a week and that not really healthy and will gain it back if I start to eat again. I already have a plan for that when it comes. But can I do it with this plan? am tired of being fat and want to win.
    "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaCane77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Slow and steady, Wins the race...
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID:LaCane77

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's possible for someone starting at 300 pounds but don't be disappointed with 2-3 pounds per week and ticking down to 1-2 after a while.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

Registered User FRANKTHETANK315's Avatar
    FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FRANKTHETANK315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MCrow View Post
    That's possible for someone starting at 300 pounds but don't be disappointed with 2-3 pounds per week and ticking down to 1-2 after a while.
    Agree i lost 40 lbs in 2 months. now its 1-2 a week . its aggravating but at least i know in 6 months it will be a good loss.started at 321lbs now im at 281-282

ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP your workout plan is terrible [300 pound man all of a sudden putting up 35 miles/week running? bustedbody/10] and your nutrition plan is even worse [popcorn and hydroxycut ftw!!! lol].

As to whether or not 40 pounds is possible in 9 weeks - it's not only possible, you could probably do it nearly on water-weight alone [it wouldn't be healthy, but then nothing you are planning is all that healthy].

Try this:

lift weights 3x/week + do some non-impact cardio (cycling, elliptical, swimming) + some speed walking
    and
    just eat less than you are eating now ... like, whatever meals got you to 300lbs, just cut them in half

You'll lose your 40 pounds without wrecking your body, and then you can re-tune your w/o program and your diet.
    100% Raw / Natural
    July 2009 - 273 pounds - PL Total: 540
    July 2010 - 255 pounds - PL Total: 775
    July 2011 - 221 pounds - PL Total: 1065
    July 2012 - 228 pounds - PL Total: 1240

Latest physical test results - rested heart rate of 48 bpm

COTA/SDI - MMA Fighter - Semper Fi
    ***reps back***

DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DreadsBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ArizonaEli View Post
    OP your workout plan is terrible [300 pound man all of a sudden putting up 35 miles/week running? bustedbody/10] and your nutrition plan is even worse [popcorn and hydroxycut ftw!!! lol].

As to whether or not 40 pounds is possible in 9 weeks - it's not only possible, you could probably do it nearly on water-weight alone [it wouldn't be healthy, but then nothing you are planning is all that healthy].

Try this:

lift weights 3x/week + do some non-impact cardio (cycling, elliptical, swimming) + some speed walking
    and
    just eat less than you are eating now ... like, whatever meals got you to 300lbs, just cut them in half

You'll lose your 40 pounds without wrecking your body, and then you can re-tune your w/o program and your diet.
    sick. solid. tight. thick.

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lift weights 3x/week
    To further clarify on that for you OP, focus on these lifts: Barbell Squats, Calf Raises, Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, Bent-Over Barbell Row, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Barbell Bicep Curl, Tricep Extensions.

When you get your weight low enough that you can do them, you can swap out the bicep/tricep exercises for chinups/dips respectively. Don't even worry about other lifts to add to your weight program until you're doing at least 1.5 times your body weight in squats and can bench your own weight (the weight you drop to, not your current weight right now).
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

Registered User LumberJackedJoe's Avatar
    LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) LumberJackedJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Try this:

and

Exactly Sounds like a recipe for disaster and possibly a heart attack.
    Team: Jadablitz

Check out my video's!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LumberJackedJoe

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Try this:

and

This this this. Seriously, how in the world are you planning to be able to run 5 miles a day at 300 pounds? Good night sweet knees.

Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000) Ranniks is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's possible for someone your weight. Up until about 200lbs it should be pretty easy to lose weight for you. But only with a good diet and exercise program.

DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaniSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)