alextech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Would this work for Muscle Gain?

Hey budies.
    For me making my legs bigger is difficult, i think is the worst part of my body. The last friday i was in the gym and i really needed a change on the excercises. I could do 135 kg Leg Extension but then i got off the machine and i could run a maraton, so what i did is with like 100 kg 8 reps, then right away with 80 kg 8 reps and last set with 60 kg 8 reps.
    I COULDNT WALK AFTER! and my legs hurt the entire week and for the first time i could feel them filled with blood.
    Now the real question is, since ive been doing the same for like 5 weeks and i want a change ( is it really needed ? ) because i don't want my body to get used to the machines, would that be a good idea if i do the same with all the muscles? i wanted to change all the excercises but since it has worked very well on my legs meaby it works on my upper and the rest. The thing is, would that be for muscle gaining or more like a cardio training? my main goal is to get big now.
    By the way, my schedule is day 1, 2, rest, 4, 5, 6, rest.
    I hope you understand me!
    Thanks all

Cheers.

simak2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alextech View Post
    Hey budies.
    Snip
    Hey, honestly I'm not the most experienced person on this forum, but I recommend doing squats instead of extensions.. Just my 2c. You don't need high reps or drop sets with squats. I'm sure some people would probably agree.

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, its hard to say from your post as you havent covered the rest of your leg workout.

If you dont do squats or leg presses (or both) then there's the reason you are not growing. The squat is by far the best muscle developer for the legs, hands down.

If you are still making good gains, then dont change (other than adding heavier compound lifts if you are not already doing so).
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

alextech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've put the example of leg extensions as i could have it done with Squats. I cover every muscle and i also do Squats, as well as other 5 exercises for the legs, that is not the problem.
    I just felt that the more concentrated the movement was the more pump, as i said i couldn't even walk after those sets. Upper body is great, pumps perfect and grows. It is just that the legs don't improve as well as the upper body.
    I don't do high reps, i do 3x8 every muscle as well as upper body but the case now are the legs.
    I also want to say that i train the legs twice a week.