24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User cyaylorpt1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    cyaylorpt1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cyaylorpt1's BodySpace
    cyaylorpt1 is offline

    Possible competition? Too little time?

    I'm new to this board.. More of a browser to questions, little afraid to post to be honest.

    Anyway, I want to do a competition. Specifically- I want to enter the IDFA Transformation Challenege.. I believe it has less pressure to have a lower body fat % as long as the results are dramatic from the before photo.

    I use to weigh 380 pounds.. I'm now about 200. I'm female, I'm at about 35% body fat. I want to do the transformation Challenege in July.
    Any recommendations? I am a personal trainer (I have my own studio where I specialize with obese clients, but not limited to), so I have my private workout space. I've also been eating low-carb & recently started with L-Carnitine 3000mg liquid.
    I'm super new to the competition world, I'd love ANY advice I could get. I eventually would love to do a competition besides the transformation Challenege but right now I don't think 4 months is enough time to lose 15% body fat?

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Solid at room temperature l3al3yJane's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: South Carolina, United States
    Age: 29
    Stats: 5'5", 158 lbs
    Posts: 301
    Rep Power: 387
    l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) l3al3yJane has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit l3al3yJane's BodySpace
    l3al3yJane is offline
    Originally Posted by cyaylorpt1 View Post
    I'm new to this board.. More of a browser to questions, little afraid to post to be honest.

    Anyway, I want to do a competition. Specifically- I want to enter the IDFA Transformation Challenege.. I believe it has less pressure to have a lower body fat % as long as the results are dramatic from the before photo.

    I use to weigh 380 pounds.. I'm now about 200. I'm female, I'm at about 35% body fat. I want to do the transformation Challenege in July.
    Any recommendations? I am a personal trainer (I have my own studio where I specialize with obese clients, but not limited to), so I have my private workout space. I've also been eating low-carb & recently started with L-Carnitine 3000mg liquid.
    I'm super new to the competition world, I'd love ANY advice I could get. I eventually would love to do a competition besides the transformation Challenege but right now I don't think 4 months is enough time to lose 15% body fat?

    Thanks in advance for your help

    I highly recommend reading this thread and adjusting your goals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130738983

    Basically, do not devalue the sport any more than it already has been by rushing to get on stage. Do a transformation contest if you would like, but figure prep deserves a lot more than 4 months and it is not for someone who has over 15% body fat and at least 70 lbs to lose.
    "Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now." -Denis Waitley
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User ytweety79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 35
    Stats: 5'4", 126 lbs
    Posts: 26
    BodyPoints: 793
    Rep Power: 0
    ytweety79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit ytweety79's BodySpace
    ytweety79 is offline
    Originally Posted by cyaylorpt1 View Post
    I'm new to this board.. More of a browser to questions, little afraid to post to be honest.

    Anyway, I want to do a competition. Specifically- I want to enter the IDFA Transformation Challenege.. I believe it has less pressure to have a lower body fat % as long as the results are dramatic from the before photo.

    I use to weigh 380 pounds.. I'm now about 200. I'm female, I'm at about 35% body fat. I want to do the transformation Challenege in July.
    Any recommendations? I am a personal trainer (I have my own studio where I specialize with obese clients, but not limited to), so I have my private workout space. I've also been eating low-carb & recently started with L-Carnitine 3000mg liquid.
    I'm super new to the competition world, I'd love ANY advice I could get. I eventually would love to do a competition besides the transformation Challenege but right now I don't think 4 months is enough time to lose 15% body fat?

    Thanks in advance for your help
    If you are currently 200lbs & 35% bf, then your lean body mass would be approximately 130lbs. For that 130lbs to be 85% of your weight(15%BF- IF the LBM stays the same), you would need to weigh 153. That's 47lbs...2lbs is the 'healthy goal' x 16wks...may come up a lil short around 168. This is just math, you're body could totally respond differently but that's how I calculate when I'm trying to figure it out for my clients. It also depends on your LBM and whether it stays the same or not, usually whenever you lose weight you drop some muscle as well. Hope that helps some! Still a great goal and you have made HUGE progress so far! Way ta go!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User ytweety79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 35
    Stats: 5'4", 126 lbs
    Posts: 26
    BodyPoints: 793
    Rep Power: 0
    ytweety79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit ytweety79's BodySpace
    ytweety79 is offline
    Originally Posted by l3al3yJane View Post
    I highly recommend reading this thread and adjusting your goals:
    Basically, do not devalue the sport any more than it already has been by rushing to get on stage. Do a transformation contest if you would like, but figure prep deserves a lot more than 4 months and it is not for someone who has over 15% body fat and at least 70 lbs to lose.
    I definitely agree on waiting to get on stage. Doing the transformation is and AWESOME goal. Getting on stage for some may take a year or more.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User cyaylorpt1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    cyaylorpt1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cyaylorpt1's BodySpace
    cyaylorpt1 is offline
    Thanks for all the comments! I have decided with the transformation challenge, it's a great way to start, & I definitely don't want to rush if it's not a realistic goal. I wasn't sure time frames or anything as I'm super new to this but definitely want to learn.

    Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User ytweety79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 35
    Stats: 5'4", 126 lbs
    Posts: 26
    BodyPoints: 793
    Rep Power: 0
    ytweety79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit ytweety79's BodySpace
    ytweety79 is offline
    Originally Posted by cyaylorpt1 View Post
    Thanks for all the comments! I have decided with the transformation challenge, it's a great way to start, & I definitely don't want to rush if it's not a realistic goal. I wasn't sure time frames or anything as I'm super new to this but definitely want to learn.

    Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it
    Good luck! Enjoy the journey!
    "No Other Option"

    Nicole M. Thompson, MA ;)
    www.nmtfitness.com
    www.facebook.com/nmtfitness
    IG: @Coachnict
    www.coachnict.blogspot.com
    http://www.workouttrainer.com/home/trainers/nicole-thompson
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. What should I expect after Competition - weight gain??
    By Aussiechick in forum Contest Preparation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. The Tao of Competition -Something to think about
    By Jotnar in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
  3. Skinny little sh!t - any tips?
    By EzMac in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 12:41 AM
  4. Post-competition article...
    By missy3309 in forum Contest Preparation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts