lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Which protein powder is right for me?! Please Help

I'm new to lifting and taking supplements. I want to gain lean muscle mass and get more tone than bulk. I was wondering which protein powder you guys recommend and when should I take it. I currently take Musclepharm's combat powder, two scoops after a workout and then normally one before bed because it's time release. Please let me know if you have any other powders you would recommend, thank you!

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go to the nutrition section and read the stickies. Then you can figure out how much protein you need (however this is debatable, you simply need to do research and come up with what works for you). If you can stomach the protein you have and it fits your budget, stick with it. Or drop it altogether, probably wont make any difference, especially if you have a decent diet. Unless you are worried about contest prep, I would suggest you not be overly concerned about how much protein you get.

lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lynch0617 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay thank you for the help!

MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you workout you should get a fast acting source of protein before amd after your workout. If you are looking to add mass you should also get a fast acting carbohydrate.

Fast actin protein is whey. Better yet is whey isolate. Best is whey or casein hydrolysate. Id suggest stocking up on a good whey isolate.

Fast acting carbs are maltodextrin, dextrose, waxy maize, or vitargo. In sure there are other sources but supplement wise these are the go-to.

Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rkaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Choose one of the two: bulk or cut. If it's the former, than you need a caloric surplus. In which case, I'd suggest a weight gainer to add extra calories to your diet and a regular whey protein supplement post workout.

Isolate protein is for people really watching their fat intake or who are lactose intolerant. They're usually ~90% protein as opposed to ~80% protein. The extra 10% based on your goals and based on the extra costs are simply not worth it imo.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You two guys added absolutely nothing of value to this thread. I suggest each one of you delete your post.

Brolympics Gold Medalist Corey_Ellis's Avatar
    Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trutein, Protean or XF.

Shake in cup with ice + beverage of choice.

Profit.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoeDoobie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    You two guys added absolutely nothing of value to this thread. I suggest each one of you delete your post.
    OP takes a protein blend postworkout. Workout Nutrition 101, Rule 1 states get the fastest absorbing protein into you pre/post workout nutrition. I recommended OP get a whey isolate for his workout nutrition.

How is that not adding something of value to the thread.

Look at your first post on this thread, realize you are posting on the supplement section of the bb.com forums, and ask yourself whether you should delete that post.

Toodles.

Wink

Originally Posted by MoeDoobie View Post
    OP takes a protein blend postworkout. Workout Nutrition 101, Rule 1 states get the fastest absorbing protein into you pre/post workout nutrition. I recommended OP get a whey isolate for his workout nutrition.

How is that not adding something of value to the thread.

Look at your first post on this thread, realize you are posting on the supplement section of the bb.com forums, and ask yourself whether you should delete that post.

Toodles.
    I apologize to you and Rkaz. I was going to bed and was a little irritated.
    But that does not negate the fact that your advice was not what he needs to hear.
    We don't know anything about OP's diet or workout plan, so we cannot say a word as to when or how much or what of anything he should take.

ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i like slow/fast digesting blends like matrix 5.0, fusion etc...
    This is the God
    This is the Gun
    One is for killing
    One is for fun