SilentEulogy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking Water To Look Ripped?

This is my first post ever on this site, I'm a rookie coming here for the right answers.

I was told that drinking my body weight in ML of water per day would eventually cause my body to retain less water, and in doing so, giving me a more defined and ripped look.

I currently do p90x every single day. I'm almost 6'6'' and i weigh 260lbs.

I'm going to the beach with a few friends in about a month.
    I've also been drinking my body weight in ML of water per day for about 5 days.

I see no lack of retention..Yet.

I'm wondering if any of you have tried this, or have any other ideas of how to use water to get the ripped look.
    I understand that underneath my water weight i have slight abs and a more muscular tone.

Should i not drink water the day before going to the beach?
    Should i continue to drink the same amount of water? (2Gallons/day)

Thank you all in advance!

Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't honestly know much about the topic, but i'd imagine that it would be very dangerous to consume such low a low volume of water for an extensive period of time....

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drinking more water will reduce water retention in the cells thus leading to a less bloated appearance. The more water you drink the less you retain because your body doesn't have to store it for later use. If you drink low amounts of water, your body will retain more inside your cells as a survival mechanism.

Having said that, reducing water retention for appearances' sake is the cherry on top of a large cake made out of legitimate fat loss.

Absolutely do not go to the beach dehydrated. The beach is a very dehydrating experience already. You could end up having a heat stroke or just feeling plain sick from dehydration.

The most water you could need is 1 gallon a day. 2 is probably overkill.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2 gallons a day is not too much.

+ lawlz at first reply saying 2 gallons is "such a low volume".

++ OP, you honestly could try to dehydrate yourself before the beach. Culminating with you not hydrating much the day before/morning of the beach. But shortly into your day, you would need to rehydrate a lot. If you care to try it, I'd say look into a "water shredding cycle". They generally start about a week out. It involves messing with your carb and water intake (overloading and restricting). Bodybuilders, fitness models, etc do it before shows, photo shoots, etc. But if you're going to attempt it, do your research and do it right. Don't just dehydrate yourself one day and expect to look like a cover model.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Drinking more water will reduce water retention in the cells thus leading to a less bloated appearance.
    this is true...drink more water, you'll shed some water weight...I can't tell a difference in the way I look really but I can see several pounds on the scale whether I am water heavy or not.
    Stern Crew

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

I'm pretty sure the first reply was confused by this statement:

Originally Posted by SilentEulogy View Post
    Op must have meant body weight in ounces not ML.

musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    speaking of ripped look / bloat, in my opinion, carb intake is much more important than water intake

but hey OP, drinking 300 ml of water aint helping with water retention

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by musclemermao View Post
    speaking of ripped look / bloat, in my opinion, carb intake is much more important than water intake

but hey OP, drinking 300 ml of water aint helping with water retention
    Don't forget sodium intake!
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is my first post ever on this site, I'm a rookie coming here for the right answers.

I was told that drinking my body weight in ML of water per day would eventually cause my body to retain less water, and in doing so, giving me a more defined and ripped look.

I currently do p90x every single day. I'm almost 6'6'' and i weigh 260lbs.

I'm going to the beach with a few friends in about a month.

I see no lack of retention..Yet.

I'm wondering if any of you have tried this, or have any other ideas of how to use water to get the ripped look.
    I understand that underneath my water weight i have slight abs and a more muscular tone.

Should i continue to drink the same amount of water? (2Gallons/day)

Thank you all in advance!
    Consistently keeping your water intake high will decrease the amount of water weight you habitually carry around under your skin. Keep your intake consistently high for maximum definition.

-Andrew

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Two gallons per day is far above the average intake rate for an individual, even above most people who workout.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000)

++ OP, you honestly could try to dehydrate yourself before the beach. Culminating with you not hydrating much the day before/morning of the beach. But shortly into your day, you would need to rehydrate a lot. If you care to try it, I'd say look into a "water shredding cycle". They generally start about a week out. It involves messing with your carb and water intake (overloading and restricting). Bodybuilders, fitness models, etc do it before shows, photo shoots, etc. But if you're going to attempt it, do your research and do it right. Don't just dehydrate yourself one day and expect to look like a cover model.
    water intake varies upon individuals. 2 gallons of water may be average for you but would be excessive for someone else
    Signature

Registered User fightingfalcn91's Avatar
    fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fightingfalcn91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would like to know what TOO much would be.

Trying to get used to using forums, and yes I did mean ounces, I've been drinking 2 gallons a day because it adds up to just about 260oz, maybe a little less, but it doesent matter because I drink a little more at dinner, and during recreational time. My sodium intake is very low, but not dangerously low.

I have not been stacking carbs, and know little about using carbs to get lean.

Ultimately my concern is that if I continue on this high water intake diet (as a means to reduce water retention), and then carefully dehydrate myself the day before the beach, and consume minimal amounts of fluid the next day (beachday) that I will lose all progress of reducing water retention, and that I will retain more water because of that one day of dehydration.

Could anyone clarify this?
    I apologize for my Noobness on forums.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Two gallons per day is far above the average intake rate for an individual, even above most people who workout.
    Keep in mind that I'm a large individual, nearing 6'6" 260lbs.

nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000) nerd_power is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ultimately my concern is that if I continue on this high water intake diet (as a means to reduce water retention), and then carefully dehydrate myself the day before the beach, and consume minimal amounts of fluid the next day (beachday) that I will lose all progress of reducing water retention, and that I will retain more water because of that one day of dehydration.
    Why would you do this?

Dehydrating will increase the density of solutes in your tissues, kind of like reducing a sauce in cooking (actually it's exactly like that). When you rehydrate, this increased density of solute will cause your tissues to retain, via the principle of diffusion, what you drink. This makes you kinda bloated.

Since you've been drinking plenty of water and eating low sodium, your tissues should have a relatively low solute density right now, meaning they don't grab and retain too much of what you drink. Keep that going indefinitely by continuing to drink plenty of water and keep sodium intake low.

-Andrew

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually drink from 4-7 liters a day so ......

I'm wondering what is overkill?
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the first reply was confused by this statement:

Op must have meant body weight in ounces not ML.
    That is what confused me, thank you

tdennis0387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    never heard this one

MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100) MadTriathlete is not very well liked. (-100)
    What kanis999 wrote it's 100% correct. If you're dehydrated you're body is most likely prone to retain water.
    I would like to add that proper hydration throughout the day is not only recommended but necessary. This becomes especially true when you're working out, not only because you sweat out water but even more because ligaments, tendons, muscle fascia and cartilages are made by over 70% of water. When you're dehydrated those can easily get inflamed and risk of injuries increase dramatically.
    2 gallons of water per day might be too much be that largely depends on your metabolism, outside weather (dry/moist/hot/cold) and, of course, your lifestyle and training routine.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Willing to get dehydrated and suffer heat stroke to look good at the beach?

Are you also planning to not go swimming?