joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Protein intake while doinf Intermittent Fasting

I've read a few articles, but I'm wondering...while doing IF do you at least have a protein shake in the morning or lunch/afternoon?

Say I work out tonight, and then plan to fast tomorrow, should I try to continue some protein intake while keeping the cals low? Or just go all out and stick to the fasting, including not getting any protein down me?

I'm not interested in a debate on whether IF is good or not, I just want to get some input from people who do it.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't think you understand IF.

if you're in the eating window you can have protein shakes, if you're in the fasting window, you can't have protein shakes.

MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50) MTheory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What are you splits for windows? Or are you doing a 24hr fast?

joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joea9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    I don't think you understand IF.

if you're in the eating window you can have protein shakes, if you're in the fasting window, you can't have protein shakes.
    Well it doesn't seem that black and white, if you define your own fasting windows then you can have two fasting windows with a protein shake or something in between rather than one long window (for eg).
    So just wanted to see if people balance their windows taking protein consumption into consideration, or whether it's not an issue to them.
    Or do you purposefully have a high protein meal before a window etc.

But you're right, I don't fully understand it yet, I'm doing my reading, just hadn't come across anything that addressed protein specifically.

Originally Posted by MTheory View Post
    What are you splits for windows? Or are you doing a 24hr fast?
    I was thinking of doing a 24 hour just as a test to see how I get on.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You plan to 'fast' but consume protein shakes?

What lol
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DHSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat my first meal at 12:30pm, but have a protein shake around 2 hours before prior to my workout, so I guess I do what you're saying - yes.
    IF & IIFYM

Misc 'Yes Man' Crew