TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TruDealv2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Are high protein, moderate fat, low carb diets dangerous

I know high protein, low fat and low carb diets are dangerous because your body utilizes the breakdown products of protein (amino acids) as energy and could start pulling muscle from your heart.

But I do more of a low carb, high to moderate protein and high to moderate fat diet right now. I don't really count my macros but soon will as I'm getting back into exercise (stopped due to hectic school and work cycle).

I guess with this diet, most of your energy is coming from glucose derived from gluconeogenesis, rather than glucose derived by diet, or energy derived from fat (ketogenic diet).

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im on day 5 of high protein low fat low carb atm. PSMF (rapid fat loss diet). Macros are like ~30g C / 230g P / 36g F

Day 1: 179lbs
    Day 5: 169lbs

9 days to gooo sighh.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TruDealv2 View Post
    I know high protein, low fat and low carb diets are dangerous because your body utilizes the breakdown products of protein (amino acids) as energy and could start pulling muscle from your heart.
    You know this to be true?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkAccount17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    You know this to be true?
    No, not certain. I heard this a while back on this forum. From what I remember, a bunch of people died from only consuming shakes.

Can't find it now, so I guess it didn't happen.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WorkAccount17 View Post
    No, not certain. I heard this a while back on this forum. From what I remember, a bunch of people died from only consuming shakes.

Can't find it now, so I guess it didn't happen.
    No, it didn't. Eating only shakes is boring as hell, and kills your social life, but it's not going to give you a heart attack.

On a mainly protein diet, your body breaks down excess protein to use as very expensive glucose. Not dangerous, just expensive and you get hungry. On a high fat diet, your body uses ketones for running energy. Also not dangerous, but you don't get hungry.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my diet has 25 grams of fat in the morning, 15 fat grs for lunch, 35 fat grs. for dinner, and an additional 10 grs of fat for before bed time snack (a bit of chicken leg quarters). That's 85 fat grams, which is 850 calories divided into 1600 calories is = 53% of fats. This is not a low-fat or moderate-fat diet but it's a little bit lower than the conventional normal percentage of 60% fats of most keto dieters. Well why don't you write in details the number of calories and fat grams, and the amount of portions of food you eat. REMEMBER THE *KNOWING* AND *BEING AWARE* OF THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU PUT INTO YOUR MOUTH EVERY DAY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LOSE WEIGHT Thanks

Originally Posted by TruDealv2 View Post
    I know high protein, low fat and low carb diets are dangerous because your body utilizes the breakdown products of protein (amino acids) as energy and could start pulling muscle from your heart. But I do more of a low carb, high to moderate protein and high to moderate fat diet right now. I don't really count my macros but soon will as I'm getting back into exercise (stopped due to hectic school and work cycle). I guess with this diet, most of your energy is coming from glucose derived from gluconeogenesis, rather than glucose derived by diet, or energy derived from fat (ketogenic diet).

LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowcarbGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    True, i hate shakes, specially in winter. I'd rather eat my whey protein cooked with eggs, than take the whey protein powder as a shake

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    No, it didn't. Eating only shakes is boring as hell, and kills your social life, but it's not going to give you a heart attack.

On a mainly protein diet, your body breaks down excess protein to use as very expensive glucose. Not dangerous, just expensive and you get hungry. On a high fat diet, your body uses ketones for running energy. Also not dangerous, but you don't get hungry.

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keto is not a high protein concept. It is a fat-based concept. Try eating just protein for a couple of days and you'll find out why....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......