showstopper04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crossover Bodybuilding to Physique

Well well well... in 2012 I won my pro card in Muscle Mania after 1 solid year of Bodybuilding and what do i decide to do build on my physique and challenge the pros and work on becoming one of the top Natural Bodybuilders the world has ever seen... NO I decided Im going to give Physique a try.

I will be doing 3 physique shows this year for sure I just completed my First 1 the Phil Health Classic March 16th
    The rest of my schedule as Follows will be

Ronnie Coleman Classic May 4th
    Branch Warren Classic July 13th

I chose these shows because they give me good enough time to prep for each in between and work on my faults.

My background is as Follows: 6"3 255-260 offseason ATHLETE!!! Because I do enjoy playing Basketball, flag football plyos athletic events and modeling being a really big bodybuilder never really appealed to me athletic look is what I aim for.

I played 2 years in the NFL 1 year n the Arena League and 1 Year in Canadian League Football

I will be keeping up with this prep the best I can honestly wont me chiming in everyday with my Marco's workouts etc. but will give you a general over view of my contest prep and what works for me.

I will tell you about my mistakes and answer any questions that you may have.

Phil Health Classic:
    14 week prep with 2 off weeks for the Holidays cardio only its to hard to prep during Christmas and new years so I just took off during those weeks

Starting Wt. 255 December 1st
    First 8 weeks
    Pro/60%
    Carb/30%
    Fat/10%

End of January I was losing BF but not muscle like I wanted and I thought to myself why??? Because Im doing everything as if I was a Bodybuilder except a ton of cardio which was getting old to quick to early... So I decided to switch it up and it all came together for me more cross training, Plyos, Speed and agility training, like I was training someone for a NFL combine rather than be a bodybuilder.

Again this worked for me because I was considered to be BIG by physique standards if you are small and not shredded I wouldn't recommend it I actually went into the goal of burning some hard earned muscle.

Switched up my diet to a CDK with Refeed Sundays only taking in a small amount of carbs post workout
    Weight at the start of Feb. 1st 235
    Pro/60 %
    Carb/10 %
    Fat/30 %

March 15th- WT 217 pre am carb up

phil.jpg

2nd guy 2nd call out every judge I talked to say I was still to big perfect height just need to take a few more weeks to lean up so going into the ronnie Im taking a couple of days off from training and diet and will be hoping back on wednesday with more KETO

"Started from the Bottom now we here"
    Motivated to make it to the Top!

Taking this week off from weights cardio only doing 45mins light jogging and walking AM and keeping diet clean changing from fish to chicken and turkey adding in brown rice and using the left over rice cakesf rom last weeks contest. Need to get rid of this 15pound bounce back weight.

Change of plans every competitor knows that its hard to set a contest date and stick to it. I have decided not to compete in the Ronnie Coleman and aim for the Branch Warren Classic in July because of other work obligations I was chosen to be 1 of the Head coach's for the Arian Foster Football camp and will head another Football camp the same weekend as the Ronnie Coleman classic sometimes things happen but in the end its all for a reason and I cant and wont be stopped.

But I have decided to keep my weight down and not bounce back to 265 post contest like usual I am currently at 240 6 pack still holding and cheating during the evening post work I plan on getting into a cut 12 weeks out with moderate carbs in my diet. and hitting the stage about 5 pounds less at 215 but still shredded for the branch.

Also I got a question in my inbox about why i dont do bodybuilding anymore??

Answer: Yes I walk around at 260 and hit the stage at 235 but as a natural competitor being 6"3 ill have a hard time competing in non natty shows. I tried to bulk to 270 to hit the stage at 240 and felt like pure DOODOO couldnt play any Basketball run sprints without feelin like my heart about to explode... Naw chasing 300pds not for me LOL... So that is why im giving Physique a try to be able to compete in bigger local shows, chase that IFBB pro card and keep a more natural looking physique. But who knows may sit out next yr and develope and see where things go.

Lets get it!

Monday will mark 13 weeks out to the Branch Warren Classic

Still holding at 240 I am currently training 2 clients for a local Muscle Mania Show The show I won last year might I add... During this time of posing with them and taking them though workout I decided to start my prep for the Branch on Monday I hate practicing posing with my clients and not looking up to par. I feel like a English teacher that cant read.

The next 2 weeks I will be coaching 4 track meets which can be brutal while dieting see that they always give coaches plenty of free BBQ, burgers, hit dogs, drinks and a big old belly to go along with.

So I will do my best to stay away from the Hospitality Room.

4/5/13 Weight: 241
    3/13/13 Goal:215-218

Goal 2 pound weight loss per week

Cardio Scedule:
    Starting Monday will incorporate HIIT 2 days per week
    None Hiit Days: 30mins post workout Cardio HR<120
    AM: Cardio 30min 7 days per week

Starting Diet:
    CKD
    P/C/F
    60%/10%/30%

After 2 weeks of Low carb will incoorporate Weekly Refeeds of
    P/C/F
    40/50/10

First 4 week Split

Sunday-Legs/ABS/Steps Cardio
    Monday-Chest-BI/MISS Cardio
    Tuesday Back-Tri/Sprint Cardio
    Wednesday-Shoulders/ABS/LISS Bike
    Thursday- Full HIIT/Conditioning Workout
    Fridays-MISS AM Cardio Only
    Saturday-LISS AM Cardio Only

Will try to update more often but this week has been hectic I coach High school track and we have all grades district meets is this week and the end of last so its 5 track meets in 7 days leaving work heading straight to the gym is rough but the toughest part is not indulging in all this free food and snacks and burgers thats being offered at school and the meets but I have done it before for my first comp just got to be dedicated and disciplined.

My week so far
    Diet has been right on Sunday was refeed and been KETO the rest of the week today is Protein Veggie day and low fat the rest of the week has been high fat.

My refeed day I ate brown rice Tacos for early lunch and early afternoon and Baked Sweet Potatoes for pre workout and post workout and Sunday Night went out with the to Cheddars the Family those croissants are the devil LOL

Workouts have been A1!! I am definitely getting my strength back with all the added calories going to enjoy lifting heavy till 8 weeks out then I know at the end of my prep I will be back down to 185 struggling LOL

Tuesday I was tired after the meet decided to take off and when you pre-contest dieting nothing is perfect just have to work with what you have as my mentor tod me when I first started Bodybuilding "THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING"

Sunday-Legs/ABS/Steps Cardio Main Lift Squat 135 warm up 225x15 315x10 365x6 365x6
    Monday-Chest-BI/MISS Cardio Main Lift BIG Bench 135 warm up- 225x10 275x8 315x6 315x6 REP Max 225x16
    Tuesday -OFF-AM Miss Cardio
    Wednesday-Back-Tri/LISS Bike
    Thursday- Shoulders/ABS/LISS Bike
    Fridays-Full HIIT/Conditioning Workout (Olympic Lifting, Plyo, and Kettle Bell Circuits)
    Saturday-LISS AM Cardio Only
    Last edited by showstopper04; 04-11-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Oh yeah I noticed the Picture from the Phil Heath Classic was small here is a better shot

phil3 (1).jpg
    Last edited by showstopper04; 04-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.

WEEKENED! SMH not good not good at all!

Diet wasnt the best this weekend reason to cheat on the last meal and not the first is mentally its hard to get back on track after eating donuts for breakfast.

This weeks workout will be the same I will start taking progress pictures today diet stays the same just will add more carbs in Post workout to help me recover since being off for a couple of weeks i'm am sore for days.

I will be adding in creatine mono this week will not be loading haven't taking this form since playing in the CFL in 2011 it always has helped me recover. Im use to prepping with KA Buffered Creatine but my gym gave me some ON Creatine so wth...

12 weeks out Lets get it!!