Thread: Bench for Abs

teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench for Abs

Just wondering if any of you could recommend a bench for doing abs... something made for flat, incline, decline sit-ups... for a decent price...
    I have made a search, but found nothing... I will rep if that helps... thanks in advance...

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by teemenchaca View Post
    Just wondering if any of you could recommend a bench for doing abs... something made for flat, incline, decline sit-ups... for a decent price...
    I'm guessing that the sticking point is the price?

What is your budget?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10) teemenchaca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=KBKB;843165971]I'm guessing that the sticking point is the price?

What is your budget?[/Q]

I definitely don't want to go over $100... and I'd like to spend about $80... I know you get what you pay for... so I'll take any advice I can get... thank you

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is one of those rare cases where I say get a friends and family coupon for Sports AUTHORITY.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

I'm not looking for top of the line, but one,that will get the job done... any suggestions on brand, store, website? Appreciate all responses..

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So you're looking to do crunches or sit-ups on an incline?

If so, go to your local sporting goods store and look for something like this:

(That's a Body-Solid Pro-Style Ab Board.)

Note that many cheap multi-function weight lifting benches have an ab attachment.

You should also check craigslist in your area. You might be able to pick up something for really cheap.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I'm assuming the OP doesn't have a rack or Oly set. Would be very easy to make a board if he did.

Other than that, I think (my opinion) it would be just as efficient and cheaper just to hold some plate when doing your ab work.

I'm just not sure you're going to find what you're looking for at the $80 range unless you run across a deal on Craigslist.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shiliangtu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm not looking for top of the line, but one,that will get the job done... any suggestions on brand, store, website? Appreciate all responses..
    I'm not looking for top of the line, but one,that will get the job done...

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    So you're looking to do crunches or sit-ups on an incline?

If so, go to your local sporting goods store and look for something like this:

Note that many cheap multi-function weight lifting benches have an ab attachment.

You should also check craigslist in your area. You might be able to pick up something for really cheap.
    Thank you for your input... I like that Body-Solid one a lot... I don't have a rack, but I have a Powertec Olympic Bench with a leg extension attachment... as well as the Powertec stand alone Lat Machine... I just bought the wife an elliptical and was looking to go a little cheaper with this ab bench... but from the looks of it, I'm going to have up the budget by $100... thanks again

Thank you for your input... I like that Body-Solid one a lot... I don't have a rack, but I have a Powertec Olympic Bench with a leg extension attachment... as well as the Powertec stand alone Lat Machine... I just bought the wife an elliptical and was looking to go a little cheaper with this ab bench... but from the looks of it, I'm going to have up the budget by $100... thanks again
    Are you set on an ab bench?

If you're looking to work your abs and "core", the Lifeline USA Power Wheel is very good. (Here's an Amazon Link.)

Wow... those look like the Harlem Globe Trotters of ab workouts... LoL... I'll definitely have to get an ab wheel... also, searching craigslist, I found a guy who is selling that Body Solid ab board for my $80 price tag.... thanks again for all your help

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    You can pick up an ab wheel from Wal-Mart for under $10. It doesn't have the foot attachment....but it's virtually the same thing for a fifth of the price.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.