carnarolik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carnarolik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Ever Workout Journal

Hi everyone I recently just joined the site after I purchased MP's Combat and Assault. Along with this journal I will be giving my thoughts on the products.
    So first I would like to give some background information.
    The main reason I will be conducting the journal is because everyone has a story and I would like to share mine to you. I play rugby for my college and this semester I will be starting scrumy. We are a division two team so we do have some good competition and seeing as this is my first year playing and learning how to play I really needed to get myself bigger and stronger. I never really made it to the gym much first semester but over the summer of 2011 up to now I went every so often. I have some muscle on me but not much so I am looking to gain muscle, strength and weight before the season which starts soon. Like I said I recently just got MP's Combat and Assault which I received Friday afternoon and used it that night. I was using a trial of force factor and although I didn't make it to the gym as often as I have now so I didn't see any results. I also didn't have a set plan/workout that I was using either. Last week I started On this workout that my roommate found in a Men's Health, Ultimate Training Guide. We are on two workouts both with A and B. On Mondays and Thursdays we do The Big Arms Workout A and How to Pack on 15 pounds of Muscle B and on Tuesdays and Fridays we do B and A of those guides. Since these two workouts do not have many leg workouts Sunday and Wednesday consists of legs and core leaving Saturday for a "rest day" where my team has a game of touch.
    So with the attached file is the workouts, I will be recoding my max this week in each workout and also this week I will try and finish up my profile with measuring and such for accurate improvements.
    I am a college student eating college food which is not very good so throughout this journal I will not be on a diet but I will be recording what I eat just to make everything clear. At the beginning of the year I started out around 133 pounds and in a after a week or so i am close to 140 now. Exact measurements are to come, and ill post later on after I get back from the gym tonight. Hope you all enjoy.
    Attached Files

carnarolik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carnarolik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got back from the gym. Weighed in at 135 or so 138 with my shoes shorts and tee..
    Little bit of a Mix up tonight since I forgot my print out but I ended up improvising and ended up getting the sets and reps pretty close.
    Attached is what I ended up putting up today, take a look

Like I said in my first post I am on a college diet so I am trying to eat a bit on the healthy side so this morning went to the hall and got egg white omelet with ham and american cheese in between a toasted seeded bagel and a glass of orange juice. This afternoon made my self a pb&f on white, drank two bottles of water and for dinner salad with chicken and a bowl of tomato soup.
    Went to the gym late had a one scoop of assault with 12oz of water 30 mins before, drank 16oz of water at the gym and right after a scoop and a half of combat with 16 oz of water.

Getting use to the combat, it didn't sit well with me the first time I took it, not sure if it was something I ate though. I will now since I will be recording what I eat so we will see.

I feel great, I see results, I feel strong.
    Measurements soon to come, stay tuned.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by carnarolik; 03-05-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Forgot to post yesterday so here goes
    Tuesday

Snatch Grip Dead Lift - Warm up 12 @ 115 / 10 @ 135 / 8 @ 185 / 8 @ 205
    YTWL(Shoulders) - 3 sets 8 reps 2 @ 10lbs / 1 @ 15lbs
    Offset Dumbell Lunge 3 sets 8 reps 1 @ 25 / 1 @ 35 / 1 @ 45
    Inverted Row - 3 sets of 8
    Prone Cobra - 3 sets 2 minutes each
    Farmers Walk - 3 sets @ 35lbs for 30+ seconds
    Dumbell Step-up - 3 sets of 8 @ 35lbs

Really need to drink more water during the day. MP's Combat is finally feeling right after it not sitting right im my stomache first couple of times.
    I can already see results, arms are looking bigger still trying to put on muscle weight but should I try and watch what I eat? Im a college student with crapy food. The only thing I can really see myself eating right is the grilled chicken that they have with a salad at night, and in the morning I have been having an omelt with egg whites and ham and cheeze also in the afternoon i have been eating the pasta. Should I even worry about what im eating or should I just get as much as I want?

Wednesday (Legs)

Squats on Assisted rack Super set with calf raises.
    Squats - Warm up 12 @ 105 / 12 @ 135 / 10 @ 185 / 8 @ 205 / 8 @ 225
    Calf Raises - 15 @ 185 / 15 @ 205 / 15 @ 225 / 15 @ 235

Leg extension Super Set with hamstring curls
    Leg Extension - 12 @ 120 / 10 @ 140 / 8 @ 160 / 6 @ 180
    Hamstring Curls - 12 @ 110 / 10 @ 120 / 8 @ 130 / 6 @ 140

Front Squats - 5 @ 135 / 5 @ 135 / 5 @ 145

poliotom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poliotom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only skimmed through your posts but I did notice your concerns about diet. I strongly urge you to start counting calories and protein intake. If you have an iphone you can download the free "myfitnesspal" app to keep track of all of your foods. It will help tons but it's not necessary.

At your height and weight I would recommend bulking on around 2500-3000 calories. I can't say for sure so I say you play around with your calorie intake for a few weeks until you find what works best for you. You'll also want to get 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight. There's a saying that "You can't out train bad nutrition". Your diet doesn't exactly sound "bad" but it could be much better and I promise that if you make the effort to keep track of your diet, your gains will be better than ever.

Good luck!