Thread: Overtraining

L34ambition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overtraining

So..., I do high intensity interval training twice a week, and I run 2 miles twice a week for cardio. I lift 4 days a week. and I try to do plyometric exercises once or twice a week. I've been told my workout schedule is fine. The thing is, whenever I get any free time, i play basketball. I can play for hours on end. I play intense, I'm very competitive. I've heard that if I run too much that at some point it stops being beneficial and can become harmful to progress, so my question is will playing recreation sports have the same effect? will 2-3 hours of basketball 3-4 times a week combined with my workouts be harmful to me cutting weight?

steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10) steviedell1985 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i could be completly wrong here but in my opinion as long as your body id getting the neutriants to support the workout you are doing and you are looking after it properly
    ie eating at right times
    following your macros
    and getting enough sleep then you should be fine
    the basics of weightloss is if you burn more calories than you are eating then you will loose weight

feel free to correct me any of you more experienced guys
    but in my experience doing more has never harmed me in basic weight loss
    in other aspects it can come into play
    ie not allowing a muscle group to recover after a work out

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Between the HIIT, plyometrics and basketball, your knees might take a pounding especially in the context of dieting down where recovery could be compromised.

Worst case scenario, you'll start feeling run down or have nagging knee pain and you'll have to drop something.

If that happens the first things I would drop are the HIIT and plyometrics as they are the highest stress. Replace them with low intensity active recovery, either light cardio or a stretch/rehab/recovery routine. I'd keep the basketball, simply because you enjoy it and its good activity.

Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beatletown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're 20 years old don't worry about it. Just eat plenty.