Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Transforming my body the 3J way

Weight: 220
    BF: 27%

Started off at 235 and was able to see 215 on the scale just under two months later. This was part of the Transformation contest. However, it wasn’t a good way to drop. I changed back and forth on different plans. Because of this, I was never really in control. Dropped from a 36" to a 34" inch pants size and the 34 started to feel loose, have changed my body, and have worked myself up some motivation to drop my bodyfat < 18%.

Over the past four years I have had C6/C7 fusion, torn Rotator/Labrum, torn Medial Meniscus, and a torn Radial Meniscus.

My workouts have been consistent, but my diet has been off. Because of this, a few weeks ago I decided that I need to find someone with more experience in nutrition when it comes to cutting and lean bulks. I checked out some local people, did some research online for others. Last weekend I made contact with 3J, submitted my pictures, measurements, other stats, answered all sorts of questions, provided the foods I like and dislike, and also sent over my lifting and cardio plan. We discussed a few things, and came up with a Carb Cycle program to start things off.

Today is day 1 of that plan.

Last edited by rtmiii; 03-04-2012 at 04:26 AM.

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Breakfast and then a trip to the gym. Did an hour on the stationary bike, and then spent some time on Shoulders.

Standing Press
    Bar Shrug
    Rear Laterals
    DB Shrug
    Front Raise

Today is my first day on the new plan, and it is a low carb day at 100g

Day 2

Yesterday was fine except for a few times when I wanted to grab a cheese stick or a few teaspoons of peanut butter to snack on. I also cut out the Stevia from my coffee, and any of the other flavored instant drink mixes. Black coffee and plain water yesterday

Right knee is a little sore, and I think that was from trying to put the 200 lb stone over the bar. Should have stuck to being behind the camera instead of trying to lift those again. I tore my right medial meniscus last year with the Yoke.

Today is another 100g of carbs day. Looking forward to breakfast soon.

Day 3 of the carb cycle. Shouldnt be weighing in daily, but I like to see the changes, if any show. However, the mirror is a bettter guage for this.

This is a high carb day of around 300g.

Had my five meals yesterday. Decided to let my knee rest, so no gym time yesterday. Because of that, I dropped my PWO meal. I rrally need to keep track of the time so I make sure I get all of my meals in. Almost missed one yesterday

Chest and Tri's at lunch

Incline Bench
    Flat Bench
    Decline Bench
    Crossovers
    Crushers
    Pushdown
    Dips

3 x 6-10 of each except the Dips. Man...the triceps were hurting by that point

Had four of my six meals already. That includes the PWO meal.

On the stationary bike right now getting in my cardio.

Day 4, and sticking at 216

Thought my weight was going to be higher due to the higher carbs yesterday. Was surprised to see that it stayed at 216.

Took measurements and pics this morning.

Medium carb day today, along with Back & Biceps, and my normal cardio.

I should probably add that it has been real nice to not have to worry about what I am eating. Working with someone to create a plan made it real simple for me

1- Made my choices on certain foods that he gave an option for. (only some of the meals allowed me to do this)
    2 - Created my shopping list by adding up different foods to get my total for the week
    3 - Went shopping
    4 - Cooked what I had to for the week
    5 - Created the seperate meals and placed them in the freezer

That was it. May sound like a lot when I write it down as different steps, but that is all that is needed to get you through the week.

If you have the chance to work with someone, I recommend looking into it. For me, it helps me to stay on track because I dont have any choices to really make. I know what I can eat for the day, and that is what I eat. Plus, I have to submit my measurements and pics twice a week. Sort of holds me responsible. Hope that makes sense.... Maybe I am just rambling on

Back & Biceps at lunch today

Bent over row
    Low row
    Pulldown
    DB curl
    Hammer curl
    Concentration curl (wish I did preacher)

Now I am on the bike again doing cardio.

Meals are keeping me satisfied. Three meals this morning, PWO after the gym, and still have two more meals left to get me through the day

Day 5 and feeling great

Scale shows 215.6, so I am heading in the right direction. Not much of a weight change, but I swear my body is changing. Yes, I have already dropped 20 before I started up with 3J, but it took me too long, and I was just bouncing around with the foods and calories. This time I am doing well. Almost a week in and it feels good.

Shoulder at lunch.

Upright row
    Seated DB Press
    Side raise
    Rear raise
    Shrugs

Plenty of energy even on the low carb day. Took a few FiberChoice chewables...and now I need GasX!!

On the bike for my cardio right now

Day 6 and a little lower on the scale

Showed 215.2 and 27.5 on the scale. Calipers also show around 27.5% bodyfat. I am close to seeing 214, so that is making me happy. Overall weight isnt a goal, but I know I will need to be below 200 if I am going to have a BF level less than 18.

One thing I have messed up on is my measurements and pics. I have been holding in my stomach atea for so long, I have been doing it when I take measurements and pics. That isnt good. I really need to relax and be as natural as I can for these. Attempted to relax this morning, and my measurements are up, and pics look so strange for me.

Meals have been fine. 3J setup enough different foods in the day so it doesnt feel like I am eating the same thing meal after meal. This is beneficial for someone like me

Carb up day, so I will be startimg off with some eggs, shake, and oats.

Day 7, but.....

Day 6 didnt turn out well. Stomach issues, so I left work early. No lifting, no cardio. Was rough getting my scheduled meals down. Feeling better this morning, and I am hoping to make it through a normal day

Almost time for breakfast, and start a medium carb day

Three meals into the day, plus the pwo after doing back and biceps at lunch. Took some progress pics, but I dont think there is much to show yet.

On bike right now catching up on some cardio. Feels bad to have taken that day off, but it had to happen

Day 8, and 49 more to go

Scale was at 216 and bodyfat shows 27% on that scale. The bodyfat level from the scale usually isnt trusted very much, but it is usually close to what the calipers show.

Was able to get in a full hour of cardio yesterday. Feeling much better lately. Probably a cross between a better planned nutrition plan, and TRT levels being up.

Lower carb days on the weekend. Almost time for breakfast. Fried eggs will be good today!

Almost forgot the updated pics

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking good! Keep it up! 5 meals a day seems like a chore but if you like it it's all good.
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

Originally Posted by Striation View Post
    Looking good! Keep it up! 5 meals a day seems like a chore but if you like it it's all good.
    Thanks, I am going to get there. Just takes time.

Yes, the five meals can be a pain. Not sure why 3J planed it out that way, but I have trust in what he has setup for me. I dont worry about the calories, macros, or any of that. I just eat what he says to eat.

It is 6:00am on Sunday morning, and I was going to start cooking up everything for the week. One problem, I cant find the meats (ground beef, ground turkey breast) that I purchased yesterday. Damn! Now I need to head back to Walmart to see if they believe me and give me the $20 worth of food. Too early to head there now, so I am sticking with baking the sweet potatoes, some rice, and making my fried egg breakfasts for the week.

See you are at 199. I saw that a few years ago, and I let things get out of hand a little. Hoping to see that again, but the main one is to get the BF down.
    Last edited by rtmiii; 03-11-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Day 9, and 48 more to go

Scale remains the same with BF and weight. Calipers show 27% also

Had to slip of my meal plan last night due to a baby shower that we went to. My slip was a salad with greens, a few small tomato slices, and some balsamic. Not much of a slip.

Did some shoulders yesterday, and 30 of cardio. The increased cardio I have been doing has been rough on my right knee. I am still on track, but may have to cut back from an hour to 30 minutes a few days a week.

Some comments last night about the changes my body is showing. A lot of people are mentioning the weight I have dropped since my start a few months ago. Guess it is really showing. It is good to hear

Okay... time to get back to cooking my meals for the week

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    See you are at 199. I saw that a few years ago, and I let things get out of hand a little. Hoping to see that again, but the main one is to get the BF down.
    Yeah, I am still working on it. If a salad is "slipping" you definitley should not look at my log......LOL
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

Originally Posted by Striation View Post
    Yeah, I am still working on it. If a salad is "slipping" you definitley should not look at my log......LOL
    Yup, that was my major slip. Pretty darn good slip!

I hear you on slipping. **** happens. I have really messed up in the past. This time I paid someone to come up with an 8 week nutritional plan, so I am dedicated to sticking with it as best that I can.

Day 10 and 47 to go

Hope I have the days right. Havent had my morning coffee, so ky thinking may be off

Scale shows the same weight and bf. Got dressed for work this morning, and realized that I cant keep wearing these pants. Thet are too loose. Time to purchase the 32's. Should have picked up some over the weekend.

No gym or cardio yesterday. Sunday was a lower carb day, and I was a little hungry before I went to sleep. Made it past that, and I am ready for my eggs and oats for breakfast this morning.

WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    Day 10 and 47 to go

Hope I have the days right. Havent had my morning coffee, so ky thinking may be off

Scale shows the same weight and bf. Got dressed for work this morning, and realized that I cant keep wearing these pants. Thet are too loose. Time to purchase the 32's. Should have picked up some over the weekend.

No gym or cardio yesterday. Sunday was a lower carb day, and I was a little hungry before I went to sleep. Made it past that, and I am ready for my eggs and oats for breakfast this morning.
    Great work so far! I hear you on the pants size. I was a 36 and am now down to what is probably a 32, but i keep buying 34's because I'm scared of the gain back. I still rotate in some 36's and feel like I'm wearing an older brother's hand me down haha.
    WoS Blog
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142559161

I Rep Back

Originally Posted by WaistofSpace View Post
    Great work so far! I hear you on the pants size. I was a 36 and am now down to what is probably a 32, but i keep buying 34's because I'm scared of the gain back. I still rotate in some 36's and feel like I'm wearing an older brother's hand me down haha.
    I have to wear khakis, so I switched over to the cheaper ones at Walmart for the 34's. I really think 32 will be a stopping point for awhile, but I will only purchase 2-3 of the 32's and see where I am in a few weeks

Shirts were gettimg looser in the stomach, but may be tighter in the chest/shoulders

Great day so far. Had my three meals before goimg to the gym at lunch.

Did chest and triceps. Felt like a whimp at one point in thr bench press. Did that after Incline bench, and had some issues. Followed that up with some Decline, and then.some fly's and then pushdowns and dips

On the bike right now for my afternoon cardio

Day 11 and 46 remain

Scale shows 217 which is up a pound. High carb day yesterday is the cause. May have to stop the daily trips to the scale because it is messing with my head this morning. I jnow the body is changing, so that is what matters.

One problem I had this morning was my selection of meals. I made it to work, took the meals out of my bag, and realize I have Wednesday's meals. Not good, but I will make the best of it.

Back and Biceps today at lunch. Looking forward to it. Wish I could move the clock forward.

Made it through my three morning meals, lunch at the gym, PWO, a few hiurs back at work, and now I am 40 minutes into my hour of cardio. Sweating up a puddle today.

Bent over row
    Pulldown
    Low row on machine

Incline curls
    Hammer
    Preacher

Will finish up my cardio, and head home for.my last two meals of the day

Day 12 and 45 to go

Forgot that I was going to stay away from the scale. Showed 215 @ 27.5% so that is still the same.

Messed up my meals yesterday, so I will be eating my Tuesday meals which outs me on a medium carb day.

Another day...another hour of cardio. Would really like to show 25% bodyfat soon. Calipers or scale...either one would be fine.

Shoulders at lunch

Upright Row
    DB Press
    Front Raise
    Side Raise
    Rear Lateral

Now it is time to sweat.

Have the rest of the week off to make it a four day weekend

Day 13, and 44 remain on the nutritional/diet plan that 3J wrote up for me

215.6 and 25%

Bodyfat has gone down, and the weight has remained. That is good to see. I swear the pics don't show much of a change, but it is there. My forearms are more vascular, but my torso has a bunch of fat that needs to disappear!

Day 14, and 43

Ouch... feels strange to not have a weight to enter, but it will be best if I stay away from the scale until my next weekly weigh in. Not sure if that will be Sunday, Monday or Thursday mornings. Each of them are mornings after a low carb day, so either would work.

Chest and Triceps yesterday. Followed that up with a brief 15 minutes on the bike. Not my normal hour, but at least I got on it for a few. My knee had some issues, so I figured it would be best to take a break.

Just finished my fried egg and shake, so I will relax a little and then it will be time to head over to the gym.

Second day of my four day weekend.