4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Glute/lower back pain. Smarties/Doctors GTFIH

So I've been having this pain in my lower back/glute, but mostly glute.
    It hurts when I stretch and go through warm ups through squats, but by the time I get to my work sets I don't feel it. The next day in the morning it hurts a bit. Same thing when I deadlift, after I do like 2-3 light sets it doesn't hurt.

The exact area is in the blackish lol.

I'll add more info when I get home.
    You know you are a powerlifter when:
    You check your squat depth when sitting on the toilet.
    You work on perfecting your squat explosiveness when getting off the toilet.

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does it hurt from one side or both? If it's one side get yourself checked ASAP, could be a disc herniation or a simple lumbar strain.

4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4plate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, its only the left side.

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    it could be a lot of things ranging from simple tightness to a slight strain. just take it easy on the squatting for a week and get on a good stretching/rolling routine.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

MS0889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 4plate View Post
    Yes, its only the left side.
    When did you start feeling the pain?
    Was there anything that prompted it?
    Does it feel way worse when you get up in the morning or do you just notice it then?
    What have you been doing stretch-wise for the area?

Originally Posted by MS0889 View Post
    When did you start feeling the pain?
    Was there anything that prompted it?
    Does it feel way worse when you get up in the morning or do you just notice it then?
    What have you been doing stretch-wise for the area?
    I first felt it about 4-5 weeks ago. It was so bad that I couldn't squat 135. I took the next week off, just basically RICEd it. When I got back it was still there but very minimal and it went away after stretching and warmups. I took off about 10% from all of my lifts and worked back (on ss btw). To describe the pain when I'm sitting on a chair and lean down to tie my shoes or reach my left toe I feel the pain in the area I shaded. When I sit back up and the glute contracts I feel a bit worse pain.
    Edit:I have not been stretching it, I remember reading that it could make it worse. Should I be stretching it?

Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    it could be a lot of things ranging from simple tightness to a slight strain. just take it easy on the squatting for a week and get on a good stretching/rolling routine.
    Dang, do you think I should squat pretty light for a few weeks? Or even not at all...?
    Well I'm off to a perfect start with my log lol.

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You really should see a doc before going back to squats/dls.

My dad is a doctor, I haven't told him yet though...pretty stupid of me. I'll see what he says. I really hope its nothing serious. I'm considering just taking 2 weeks off, RICE + Ibuprofen.

After reading some articles about disc hernias, I doubt that is what I have. Seems more like a slight lumbar strain. I should also add that I don't feel the pain until I reach parallel or close to it.

This picture is a more accurate representation of my pain except on the left side only.