ALLBIZNISS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Allergic to whey... Good alternatives besides soy?

Well I think I am allergic to whey protein.

I have worked out off and off for the last 13 years and as we all know whey protein is a staple supplement. I don't remember any allergic reactions in the past but the last few years I would have some symptoms while supplementing and I narrowed it down to whey.

I thought it may be just the brand, so I have tried ON, Gaspari MyoFusion and just got a 4lb container of MusclePharm Combat.

The symptoms: Get a slight headache about 30 min after drinking, sinus pressure, lips start to tingle, and I get really tired and sometime flush. If I take several days on a row I get post nasal drip so I get a sore throat.

I can eat cheese just fine, and I am not allergic to ice cream, yogurt etc... That being said I don't eat much dairy and I can't tell you the last time I have had regular milk. Didn't drink it a whole lot as a kid and if I have milk now it is usually Almond or Coconut. Perhaps I built an intolerance?

I have been taking soy protein over the last 3-4 months to see if there would be a difference and I got none of these symptoms. The issue with Soy is you always here about possible estrogenic effects so I am concerned about that.

Appreciate any thoughts or similar experiences.

P.S. - I have a brand new (only 3 servings used) of MusclePharm Combat Banana Cream (taste AWESOME!) protein. If anyone is interested...PM me.