Thread: Keto advise

Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto advise

Hello all,

Before u say read the stickies i have a couple or times... I just need a couple of questions answering if u would be so kind

1) is the keto diet for me? 28% body fat.... 6ft 5.... 244lbs

2) to get into ketosis i just need to eat very low carbs high protein and high fat at a ratio of 55% fat 40% protein and 5% carbs (roughly)

3) i have heard conflicting information on number of grams of carbs to have.... Some say between 20-30 g max some say 50g... Some say take fiberous carbs off normal carbs eg 10g carbs in broccoli 2.5g are fibrous meaning ive had 7.5 g of carbs? Is this bs?

4) in your opinion what is the best way to start a ketosis diet...I have Read too much information i just need it in simple terms

Cheers for any advice

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) Why not? Try it out & see if you like the results.
    2) 65% fat / 30% protein / 5% carbs
    3) You'll need fiber. Eat your greens.
    4) Just do it
    505 / 315 / 545

Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Prestonion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basic but to the point thanks

Seen a few of your posts on the keto forum... Have u personally seen good results??

Would you try and eat as much healthy fats as possible? And stay away from the so called bad fats?

And would you start eating carbs at weekend straight away or wait a few weeks before starting this?

aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I did a log a few months back & I'm continuing the keto journal now that I'm done with my "dirty bulk" (see siggy)
    While on keto doing the CKD, I lowered my BF significantly, while increasing LBM.
    Definitely a nice re-composition...which is what brings me back.

Only fats you should generally avoid are trans fats. Saturated fats (especially in the form of MCT) are encouraged.
    I'd wait 2-4 weeks before loading on carbs. Your body needs time to adjust to it's new source of fuel.
    505 / 315 / 545

Cheers for advice.... Very helpful.

Ill start to prepare my self for carb withdrawals... Should I lower carbs gradually or chuck myself in at the deep end?

Ill rep u and give ur blog a read sure it will help me along the way

jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jalbs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jump right in and first couple days some people like to do fasted cardio and 0 carbs to get into ketosis faster. For me it took 3 days with 25-30 carbs a day. I am not religious about macros but I track my carbs like crazy and hit the gym hard.

The great thing is once you adapt you won't be as hungry so it is pretty easy to stay below cal maintenance.

Is it worth purchasing ketostix at the start?

Or just wait for that metal taste and strange urine smell?

Any recommended supplements?

Originally Posted by Prestonion View Post
    Is it worth purchasing ketostix at the start?

Or just wait for that metal taste and strange urine smell?

Any recommended supplements?
    I remember the first time I went keto, I was peeing on those stix all the freaking time...but it's really not necessary. lol
    Supps: Potassium, Magnesium, CLA, Fish Oil, Multi-V.
    505 / 315 / 545

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    styx are cheap and fun passtime, makes keto a little more "scientific" lol. Why not. As to starting up - don't waste time "getting prepared", just stop eating carbs that is all. It is like quitting smoking, gradual reducing only prolongs the discomfort.