jharpst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my legs are too big

I'll try to keep this as short as possible;

I just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago, I'm 6ft tall and around 193 pounds, with a pretty athletic build. After I turned 18 heading into my senior year of high school, I was recruited to play baseball at a local D2 college. Up until that point, I had never lifted before, so I figured it was a good time to start. My greatest asset on the field was my speed, and I naturally already had big and strong legs. Once I started lifting, I kept getting bigger, stronger, and faster. Half way through my freshman year of college I was able to squat 370 pretty easily, and was still going up. But the rest of my body was just lagging behind (I might have been able to bench 200? Still can probably only do 200). I know 370 isn't that much, but it's just for comparison's sake.

Eventually I started putting on enough weight that it slowed me down, so I eased off the squats. A month ago I decided not to return for baseball, so now I am strictly lifting to get the body that I think looks the best. And as the title hints, my legs are still huge. I haven't squatted above 300 in months, but still have them in my routine. It seems impossible for me to achieve the desired V-shape because my tree trunk legs stick out so much. I've already gone through the phase of growing out of pants, chafing holes in my jeans and having to constantly wear compression shorts so that I don't rub the insides of my legs raw. But I'm done with that now, and I'm struggling to get my upper body to catch up with my lower body so that I look 'normal' in some senses.

I've considered just dropping squats all together, but that doesn't sound too appealing to me and I'm not sure how effective it would really be. I'd love to hear some suggestions or tips if anyone has some.

-I'm currently doing a split routine 4 days a week, as well as 3 or 4 days of HIIT cardio for 20-30 minutes.
    -I haven't taken any supplements really besides whey protein, because the NCAA is strict about a lot of things and I didn't feel like researching everything I put in my body to make sure it was legal.

NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any pics man? And you could always just go heavy less than 4 reps at least 3 sets to maintain strength instead of just dropping squats which I don't believe in. You could definitely ease off if you do think your legs are too big.. A of would be helpful to us all answering for you though.
    Bench:225
    Squat:330

Originally Posted by NickGDella View Post
    Any pics man? And you could always just go heavy less than 4 reps at least 3 sets to maintain strength instead of just dropping squats which I don't believe in. You could definitely ease off if you do think your legs are too big.. A of would be helpful to us all answering for you though.
    Yea here's one I just took. Hopefully it uploads alright.

I can get better pictures in the morning.
    Attached Images

NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn dude surprised you didn't play linebacker for D2 Mirin them quads. Your body looks in proportion actually. No need to cut out leg work in fact I don't think id tone it down just maybe it upper body twice a week if u wanted. Yeah you look fine man just keep doing what your doing.
    Bench:225
    Squat:330

buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I think you're pretty well proportioned tbh, leg dominant bodies are cool AF. Lol at those shorts though, leave a little mystery

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please provide pictures of your "big legs".

NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NicholasMango is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NicholasMango View Post
    I'm being serious.

tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ill have them if u don't want them

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Yea let me rephrase - my legs are bigger than I'd like them to be.

xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50) xcountryrunner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its not your legs that are holding back your v taper, its that you carry most of your fat around your waist, so u have a big waist. Cut some bodyfat and your body will look much better. Your legs are fine, big legs are awesome.
    Manlet for life

Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000) Xndndn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stacked legs! I'd love beast legs personally but everyone to their own
    Clothes only fit for a month crew******
    My girl hates me training crew******
    Argue before during and after training crew******
    What's her problem crew******
    Maybe she's just jealous crew******
    Insecure biitch if you ask me crew******
    Lucky no ones asking crew******
    Most nights I sleep with one eye open just incase she deletes my account, coz I swear I'd never hit a women but her ass is pushing it crew******

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    why do you want small legs?
    and how does having larger legs interfere with a v-taper?

Originally Posted by xcountryrunner View Post
    its not your legs that are holding back your v taper, its that you carry most of your fat around your waist, so u have a big waist. Cut some bodyfat and your body will look much better. Your legs are fine, big legs are awesome.
    Ok thanks. I've been trying to do that by incorporating HIIT. My %BF is somewhere between 10.5-12 (according to a magic scale that probably isn't very reliable). Is there a certain number I should aim for?

Originally Posted by Meadey View Post
    why do you want small legs?
    and how does having larger legs interfere with a v-taper?
    I don't want small legs, just smaller I guess. In my opinion, my legs make my back appear smaller. CountryRunner is right, I could afford to shed some weight around my waist to help with it.

andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andale927 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jharpst View Post
    Ok thanks. I've been trying to do that by incorporating HIIT. My %BF is somewhere between 10.5-12 (according to a magic scale that probably isn't very reliable). Is there a certain number I should aim for?
    You are actually more close to the 15-17% BF range, you need to aim for about 10-12% in order to look lean and increase your taper.

Most scales use impedance to measure BF which is extremely inaccurate because muscle and fat both conduct electricity. If you had exactly average muscle mass then the scale would be able to calculate your BF accurately and that's not taking into account water intake.

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
    You are actually more close to the 15-17% BF range, you need to aim for about 10-12% in order to look lean and increase your taper.

Most scales use impedance to measure BF which is extremely inaccurate because muscle and fat both conduct electricity. If you had exactly average muscle mass then the scale would be able to calculate your BF accurately and that's not taking into account water intake.
    Well that's a reality check. Definitely a motivator for me though.

Under Construction . . . Johneffer's Avatar
    Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jharpst View Post
    I don't want small legs, just smaller I guess. In my opinion, my legs make my back appear smaller. CountryRunner is right, I could afford to shed some weight around my waist to help with it.
    cut some ****in weight than your legs hold a lot of fat and water
    Instagram: @Johneffer
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Johnefferlol2/videos
    Bench: 405 sets of 6, 315 for 20
    Squat: 495 for 6 sets of 12, 675x1
    Deadlift: 685
    Teen Nationals Overall Champion 2017

jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) jcrefeld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your legs will look fine if you drop your bodyfat dude. They're honestly pretty well proportioned with the rest of you.

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    your legs are not that big.

i think my legs are small so yours are tiny

you also have a lot of fat/water on your thighs. just squat damn it lol
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

OPs legs are too big.