Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulders? Twice a week too much?

Im currently doing 40 mins of Cardio per day in two split set of 20 mins at the start and 20 mins at the end. Each day I work a diffrent part of my body with weights as well. I really want big shoulders so I do shoulders twice a week about 6-8 diffrent excersises each time. One day I'll do just shoulders, and then next time I will add shoulders along with back, or legs, or rarley arms.

Example weekly schedule:

Sunday-40 mins of Cardio
    Monday 40 Mins of Cardio/Shoulders
    Tuesday-40 Mins of Cardio/Legs
    Wed-40 Mins of Cardio/Biceps&Triceps
    Thur.-40 Mins of Cardio/Shoulders&Abs or Calves
    Fri-40 Mins of Cardio
    Saturday40 Mins of Cardio/Back

Am I overworking my shoulders you think? Im looking to get max results..NEED ADVICE!

Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You don’t train chest?

jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if they get enough rest(about 48-72 hours is optimal) it should be fine, also note that chest exercises usually involves the anterior delt(front)
    Superdouche™

Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hborno has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Rhylin15 View Post
    Im currently doing 40 mins of Cardio per day in two split set of 20 mins at the start and 20 mins at the end. Each day I work a diffrent part of my body with weights as well. I really want big shoulders so I do shoulders twice a week about 6-8 diffrent excersises each time. One day I'll do just shoulders, and then next time I will add shoulders along with back, or legs, or rarley arms.

Example weekly schedule:

Sunday-40 mins of Cardio
    Fri-40 Mins of Cardio

Am I overworking my shoulders you think? Im looking to get max results..NEED ADVICE!
    Everyone usually have a muscle that grows really fast and one muscle that would be lagging , Try not to overtrain IMO keep workin shoulders 1 time per week and try adding more weight with proper form , you have any pics of your shoulders or whole body it might help us tell you whats the problem.

Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sean Tierney View Post
    You don’t train chest?
    Im sorry, yes I do usually when I do Legs, if not then then on day by itself.

Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like to stagger my chest/shoulder days at least 2 days apart so that my shoulders get appropriate rest. Something like Day1-Chest, Day 4-Shoulders, Day 6-Repeat from start.
    You can fit in back/legs/arms wherever you think best

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Your body may respond differently.

Keep in mind I speak from the perspective of someone who's aim is growth and hypertrophy while attempting to minimize injury risk as much as possible.

Depends on your intensity and how you structure things......

Even with the typical bodybuilding split of.......
    Chest/Tri , Back/Bicep , Shoulders , Legs
    shoulders are still getting hit 3 days a week

Personally, my typically training schedule is:
    -rear delts directly with back
    -rest
    -front and side delts directly with arms
    - legs
    -rest
    -front delts will inevitably get hit again on chest day but I try to minimize their involvement as much as possible (DB incline, Decline BB, maybe some burnouts on the Smith if I'm at the gym).
    -rest

Because shoulders get hit and stressed (from stabilization to tendons to internal/external rotation) on just about upper body move (except maybe abs/core) I try not to go hard and heavy on each delt head (rear, side, front) directly more than once per week.
    Even then if I'm really working hard to bring my shoulders up, I phase out dips, any flat chest moves, and weighted pullups.

For me and my body hitting shoulders directly once per week is enough for growth (when combined with other training).

Again, your mileage may vary. Your body may respond differently.
    Last edited by k9pit; 03-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try and see how it goes. It looks fine on paper.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can do shoulders 2x/week. That's the whole principle behind a power/hypertrophy split. Working ALL body parts 2x per week, and that has yielded great results. Just make sure to get enough rest time in between, and if possible do different exercises/ different rep ranges.

Example

Day 1: Shoulder Press 4x6
    DB Latera raises 3x6-8
    Rear delt flies 3x6-8
    Front raises 3x6-8

Day 2 Arnold Press 3x12-15
    Cable lateral Raise 3x12-15
    Face Pulls 3x12-15
    upright Row 3x12-15

I did something similar for awhile and saw good results.

thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) thisonefoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any other reason as to why you want to train delts 2x a week? Just want big shoulders? Are you lacking size or strength in that area?

RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100) RevSpunkwater is not very well liked. (-100)

Example weekly schedule:

Sunday-40 mins of Cardio
    Fri-40 Mins of Cardio

Most guys around here will disagree, but frankly I think training any body part more than once a week is too much.

Originally Posted by andrewmc View Post
    You can do shoulders 2x/week. That's the whole principle behind a power/hypertrophy split. Working ALL body parts 2x per week, and that has yielded great results. Just make sure to get enough rest time in between, and if possible do different exercises/ different rep ranges.

Example

Day 1: Shoulder Press 4x6
    DB Latera raises 3x6-8
    Rear delt flies 3x6-8
    Front raises 3x6-8

Day 2 Arnold Press 3x12-15
    Cable lateral Raise 3x12-15
    Face Pulls 3x12-15
    upright Row 3x12-15

I did something similar for awhile and saw good results.
    Is it a bad thing if I do all of these in one shoulder session?

But mines more like this..

Day 1:Shoulder Press(front) 3x10(135lbs)
    Shoulder Press(behind the head) 3x10(135lbs)
    Waistliners(pull the dumbell from side of leg to above your waistline) 3x10 (65lbs)
    DB Lateral raises 3x10(20lbs)
    Rear delt flies(standing) 3x10(20lbs)
    Front raises 3x12(20lbs)
    Arnold Press (standing) Up Sets 1x12(30lbs) 1x10(35lbs) 1x8(40lbs)
    Arnold Press (sitting) 3x10(30lbs)
    Cable lateral Raise 3x10(30lbs)
    Face Pulls 3x15(150lbs) This one sounds like the one I do when I use the cable with the rope extention, stand about a foot back, go into a squat position, then pull the center of the rope towards my face.
    I also do one I forgot the name of it, but you use the barbell(45lbs) and do an over head press to behind the head press non-stop for a set of 3x15(45lbs)

Day 4:Shoulder Press(front) 3x10(135lbs)
    Waistliners(pull the dumbell from side of leg to above your waistline) 3x10 (65lbs)
    Front raises 3x12(20lbs)
    Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 1x10(135lbs) 1x10(225lbs) 1x10(275lbs)
    Dumbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x10(70lbs)

I have noticed more definition and alot more strength! So far no problems with pain of any kind. The only problem I have is my grip gives out towards the end of my shoulder days, usually on the barbell shrugs. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Originally Posted by thisonefoo View Post
    Any other reason as to why you want to train delts 2x a week? Just want big shoulders? Are you lacking size or strength in that area?
    I want big shoulders, and I think I lack size and strength as well, how would I know?

mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could probably cut out the Arnold Presses. I think the shoulder presses will be enough for those specific shoulder muscles.

Originally Posted by mdd157 View Post
    You could probably cut out the Arnold Presses. I think the shoulder presses will be enough for those specific shoulder muscles.
    So then Im probly taking on too much you think?

mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdd157 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So then Im probly taking on too much you think?
    Maybe on your Thursday shoulder workout you could cut back on a few exercises. I do shoulders only once a week, but you have to remember other exercises such as chest/arms workouts can work your shoulders a little too i.e. bench press.

Also don't get discouraged if you don't see your shoulders getting bigger or shaped. No offense, but bf% can have an effect on the visuals of your shoulders.

Originally Posted by mdd157 View Post
    Maybe on your Thursday shoulder workout you could cut back on a few exercises. I do shoulders only once a week, but you have to remember other exercises such as chest/arms workouts can work your shoulders a little too i.e. bench press.

Also don't get discouraged if you don't see your shoulders getting bigger or shaped. No offense, but bf% can have an effect on the visuals of your shoulders.
    LOL, no offense taken! I know I have alot of BF, but Im working on it bro! I started out about four months ago at about 39% now I'm at 26.4% its a process, but Im trying. Thanks for the advice.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RevSpunkwater View Post
    Most guys around here will disagree, but frankly I think training any body part more than once a week is too much.
    have fun being small
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Just wondering, I do this excersise I call "Waistliners" I was wondering if it works the medial deltoid or the rear more?

To me a "Waistliner" is when I get a 65 or 70lbs dumbbell on each hand, place them at the side of my leg, then lift the dumbells above my waistline.

I would think it works my medial deltoid more but just wanna know for sure. See, when I work my shoulder routine I try and do three sets of three different excersises that work my front, medial, and read deltoids... Thanks for the advice!

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I do this excersise I call "Waistliners" I was wondering if it works the medial deltoid or the rear more?

To me a "Waistliner" is when I get a 65 or 70lbs dumbbell on each hand, place them at the side of my leg, then lift the dumbells above my waistline.

I would think it works my medial deltoid more but just wanna know for sure. See, when I work my shoulder routine I try and do three sets of three different excersises that work my front, medial, and read deltoids... Thanks for the advice!
    I'm not sure what you're describing here. Are you lifting the dumbbells straight up?

Which direction is your elbow joint travelling? If it's backward, then it's the rear delt. If it's outward, then the middle head is working too. If it's forward, the front delt.

Just so people know, it's:
    front/middle(or mid)/rear
    OR
    anterior/lateral(or outer)/posterior

No medial delts =/

Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sean Tierney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is it a bad thing if I do all of these in one shoulder session?

But mines more like this..

Day 1:Shoulder Press(front) 3x10(135lbs)
    Front raises 3x12(20lbs)
    Face Pulls 3x15(150lbs) This one sounds like the one I do when I use the cable with the rope extention, stand about a foot back, go into a squat position, then pull the center of the rope towards my face.
    I also do one I forgot the name of it, but you use the barbell(45lbs) and do an over head press to behind the head press non-stop for a set of 3x15(45lbs)

Day 4:Shoulder Press(front) 3x10(135lbs)
    Front raises 3x12(20lbs)
    Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 1x10(135lbs) 1x10(225lbs) 1x10(275lbs)
    Dumbell Shoulder Shrugs 3x10(70lbs)

I have noticed more definition and alot more strength! So far no problems with pain of any kind. The only problem I have is my grip gives out towards the end of my shoulder days, usually on the barbell shrugs. Thanks everyone for the advice!
    IMO that’s way too much work for the shoulders man. 10-11 exercises? There’s no reason anyone needs to do more than 4 exercises total, one that targets each area of the delt plus a pressing movement....and shrugs if you do them on shoulder day. More is definitely not better when it comes to shoulder training. I personally don’t even think you need to hit delts twice a week, they get enough stimulation on chest day that a second full shoulder workout is just going to wear them down and you’ll run into overuse type injuries and rotator cuff problems.

And waistliners are cool…never called them that myself (I call them straight arm lateral raises) but I think I know what you’re talking about. They’re a good finisher for the lateral head of the delts.

Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    I'm not sure what you're describing here. Are you lifting the dumbbells straight up?

Which direction is your elbow joint travelling? If it's backward, then it's the rear delt. If it's outward, then the middle head is working too. If it's forward, the front delt.

Just so people know, it's:
    front/middle(or mid)/rear
    OR
    anterior/lateral(or outer)/posterior

No medial delts =/

My elbows go straight back...and now I know, THANKS!! Also, thanks a friend of mine told me that the middle delt was called the medial...dumbass! LOL!

Originally Posted by Sean Tierney View Post
    IMO that’s way too much work for the shoulders man. 10-11 exercises? There’s no reason anyone needs to do more than 4 exercises total, one that targets each area of the delt plus a pressing movement....and shrugs if you do them on shoulder day. More is definitely not better when it comes to shoulder training. I personally don’t even think you need to hit delts twice a week, they get enough stimulation on chest day that a second full shoulder workout is just going to wear them down and you’ll run into overuse type injuries and rotator cuff problems.

And waistliners are cool…never called them that myself (I call them straight arm lateral raises) but I think I know what you’re talking about. They’re a good finisher for the lateral head of the delts.
    OK, I trust you. I've seen your BodySpace, and thank you for the advice! I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass with so many questions, which ones would you reccomend I do then, if you had to pick four or five for shoulders.(I love doing Waistliners)

staywow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) staywow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) staywow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) staywow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OK, I trust you. I've seen your BodySpace, and thank you for the advice! I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass with so many questions, which ones would you reccomend I do then, if you had to pick four or five for shoulders.(I love doing Waistliners)
    Fantastic thread I have saved it in my MS Excel File.

Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ive been hitting my shoulders 1.5 times a week
    mon, friday, wed, repeat.
    tried hitting them hard 2 times a week and i felt it wasnt enough rest time.