Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Q2afore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question chest with triceps or chest with biceps

my workout program
    chest with biceps
    back with triceps
    shoulders with legs

some guys said that not a good program and its better to do chest with triceps
    and back with biceps

what do u think??

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's your choice. People group chest and triceps because there is significant carryover between the two while performing horizontal pushes.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i usally train arms when ever, but latley i have been doing triceps with back and biceps either with chest or shoulder

Q2afore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ygbodybuilder10 View Post
    i usally train arms when ever, but latley i have been doing triceps with back and biceps either with chest or shoulder
    so i can train my biceps 3 times a week and i will gain muscle?

jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't really matter. I tend to train chest and triceps on the same day because it is an easy transition to make (ie: standard bench press to close grip bench press), and because- as mentioned above- triceps are involved in horizontal push movements. That being said, training triceps on a back day allows you to focus on the specific muscle group because you aren't burning out your tris during chest presses prior to your isolation movements. I think that the difference is fairly minimal though. Some people never even focus on bicep or tricep specific training and still have massive arms (531 training for example). Just do what works for you- chest and triceps, back and triceps, shoulders and triceps, biceps and triceps; as long as you are training, you will get results.

MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100) MRsteezy123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    i would do chest with bicep i always feel if i do chest with tricep my triceps are to worn out to hit them really hard,so this way i can do chest and then kill my bicep and do back and kill my tricep. works for me

Registered User hight3chredneck's Avatar
    hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hight3chredneck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was under the impression that you do back and biceps (pull) and chest and tricep (push) together.

KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50) KINGTOOSWOLE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everybody is different if chest and triceps are where you grow best then do that. Some people feel they need another day to focus on triceps to get the most out of it. I do chest and biceps.
    ★Georgia Crew★
    ★★DallasCowboys★★

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Q2afore View Post
    so i can train my biceps 3 times a week and i will gain muscle?
    i didnt say that lol

musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemermao is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the problem with back/tri or chest/bic for me is this: biceps/triceps not 100% recovered for back/chest/shoulder.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by musclemermao View Post
    the problem with back/tri or chest/bic for me is this: biceps/triceps not 100% recovered for back/chest/shoulder.
    ^^ That.

Do what works for you, but I always work synergistic muscles together so they are fully recovered the next time they get worked. I don't want "still recovering" triceps to hold back my bench press on the next chest day.

trbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How you decide to split your routine is totally personal. For many people a limiting factor is how many days a week they have available to train and how much time they can dedicate to each session.

There are many good examples of how to structure your time in the “splits” section under the “find a plan” tab on this site.

Personally, I like to mix things up every few months. I’ll do a five day split for 10-12 weeks, deload, then switch over to a six day split, deload, rinse and repeat.

TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankNick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chest and tris

XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XADO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing chest/biceps, then back/triceps works for me the best....also hits them 2 times a week without no real sweat :P....

In any case chest exercises should focus mostly on chest, and back exercises mostly on back.....not hit hard the secondary movers .
    If your body cannot handle it, make sure sheer willpower will.....

RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alternate between the two, don't choose one way and stick with it.

As others have said, your triceps will be pre-exhausted from working your chest and likewise for your biceps after working your back.

Switching things around will help keep the muscles stimulated and also keeps you mentally stimulated as well.
    Train hard, eat well, get plenty sleep - repeat

locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locooo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depends what kind of split you like and how often you want to hit each muscle. On a 4 day split I used to do, back, shoulder/triceps,off, legs, chest/biceps, off,off and worked great for me on a bulk. At the moment I am doing a push/pull 4 days a week and like it a little more because of the frequency. Try it and see for yourself what works.

jackremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jax's 3-Day Split

You can perform either split routine as long as there is a fair amount of rest in between them. For example

A 3 day split
    Monday- Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Wednesday- Legs and Shoulders
    Thursday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Friday- Back and Triceps
    Saturday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Sunday- Rest

About 4 exercises each body part. 4 sets of 8-10 reps. And switch up the exercises every other week. For example, using dumbbells and barbells.

Jax's 3-Day Split

Your workout program is good, but doesn't give them secondary muscles enough rest time. Try my workout plan.

A 3 day split
    Monday- Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Wednesday- Legs and Shoulders
    Thursday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Friday- Back and Triceps
    Saturday- Rest, Cardio or Abs
    Sunday- Rest

About 4 exercises each body part. 4 sets of 8-10 reps. And switch up the exercises every other week. For example, using dumbbells and barbells.

Nope. You're overtraining, man

Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jarchibald18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do Chest biceps on Monday, legs on Wednesday, shoulders and Triceps on Thursday, and then I'll do just back on Saturday. I feel this works because your triceps are being hit on shoulder day too. Also, to me, back needs it's own day it's a huge muscle, and I deadlift on Wednesday which leaves my back a little sore so I like to split it up.

You're going to hurt yourself in there.

paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chest w/ triceps as your already using triceps on a bench press, plus when you get heavier on bench your triceps will need to be hit harder etc.. especially on the lower portion of the ROM.

bunnyr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chest tri's ...............back with bi's
    Defeat is a choice so is victory, you are only beaten if u decide.!

KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000) KingOfLimbs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do chest then bi/tri on a different day. Why would I want my arms exhausted when I am trying to put mass on my chest?

I do a 4 day split with chest day 1 and arms day 3. Problem solved.
    Last edited by KingOfLimbs; 11-06-2012 at 06:12 AM.

huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by musclemermao View Post
    ^strongly agreed.
    personally, i dont like it coz if i'm doing chest/bi, i'll be using both my triceps and biceps through that workout, which means for ur next workout, u'll pretty much be doing the same.
    another is, i'd rather focus on my chest rather than my arms. my bi's don't recover that fast for the next back workout. i hate it when my bi's too worn out to do pullups.
    focus!
    'We need a standard to be measured against. There's no way Roelly got the call and I didn't. He looked like sh**. I'm wayyy too old to be played with man' - Toney Freeman 'X-Man'

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I usually do chest and tri's the same day. I do tri's first though. This way they're not burned out like they are if I do chest first. Also with the tri's being exhausted I tend to engage the pecs easier when doing chest. I use chest exercises soley for pecs, not to just put big weight up which can incorporate too much tricep involvement.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tried out Chest/Tris but my Tris get fried from heavy benching would prefer Chest with Bis if I had to make a choice

Either way, do what works for you. If recovery is an issue, you will know anyway
    * Skinny to non skinny transformation crew * - I am gonna effin nail this

JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeTommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    ^^ That.

Do what works for you, but I always work synergistic muscles together so they are fully recovered the next time they get worked. I don't want "still recovering" triceps to hold back my bench press on the next chest day.
    I'm going to go ahead and second ^^^That with a this^^^. This could not have been explained any better.

thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomasmagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    See 80/20 Rule.

cho84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like hitting my biceps with my presses, and hit triceps with pulling.. I have done both, feels like I get a fuller pump in my arms when hitting chest and triceps/back and biceps.. but, I can press more flipping them, so.. you do you, whatever feels better..