yamahaSHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Critique my workout routine and diet please!!!

Over the last few years I have tried numerous workouts. All though I have seen and felt gain.... I am not quite where I want to be. Over the last few months I have been eating much more food... so much that I always feel full(lots of protien). Since then, I have seen a gain. I also use pure creatine in water... From some of the stuff I have been reading on this forum, I have seen that I should be taking it with something like grape juice after a workout.

I consume protien shakes daily.... For the last month I have been using Myoplex. I changed my Shakes up regularly. I am going to go back to Simply Protien when I run out of Myoplex. I have been recommended Triple X Anabolic Compound by a friend who said he gained serious muscle from it. I am currently gathering information in it.... Has anyone here have anything to say about it??

I eat about 6 times a day... .Not too sure on how many calories I should be taking in. I am trying to gain the muscle with out gaining too much fat. I am 5'8", 160lbs not sure on the BF(look in sig) I try to take in lots of protien, yet have a balanced diet all around. I stay away from sweets and I do not drink soda. I have always tried to have 1-2 pieces of fruit a day(mostly bananas for potassium), but from some of the reading I have done on the forum I have found I should lay off of the fruit.

I used to work out too much(last year). I had lowered my BF to 5.8% @ 155-160lbs. I am not that low now because I am more focused on gaining. I try not to over train now, so I have cut my workouts down(I used to work out 4+ hours a day inluding 30-60 min run).

My current workout routine is:

Monday
    -Chest, Triceps

Tuesday
    -20 min run
    -Abs

Wednesday
    -Back, Biceps

Thursday
    -20 min run
    -Abs

Friday
    -Legs, Shoulders

Saturday & Sunday
    -Off

I have been thinking of a change up... Can anyone help me out?

Also, I would like to add that in 2000 I started on a 1 1/2 - 2 year off period(lazy). I gained lots of fat and lost lots of muscle. I reached a weight of 185lbs and I could only BP approx 160lbs(down from 215 early 2000), when I started working out again in 2002

I tried to give all the information I could think of... Can you guys please give me your opinions/facts?? If you need additional info, let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

Anyone???

BUMP!!
    Jason

Es Dubya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what exercises are you doing? how many sets? It looks fine as long as you're picking good exercises.

Originally posted by Es Dubya
    what exercises are you doing? how many sets? It looks fine as long as you're picking good exercises.
    I switch it up between weeks, I don't do the exact same workout this Monday as I did last Monday.

-Some of the exercises I do for Chest/Triceps:
    Flat Bench (this week I did 135lbs x 10,185lbs x 8, 205lbs x 6, 225lbs x 4, 225lbs x 4)
    Inline Bench
    Dumbell Presses
    Cable Crosses
    * A few other cable work outs that I do not know the name to.
    Tri Extensions
    Overhead Dumbell Raises
    * Some other tri workouts I do not know the name to.
    Fly's

-Back/Biceps
    Sitting curls
    Standing curls
    Cable curls
    reverse curls
    Lat Pull Downs
    * A Few other back excercises I do not know the name to.

-Legs/Shoulders
    Squats
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raises
    Shoulder Shrugs
    Military Press
    * Again, some other lifts I do not know the name to.

I also throw in power cleans, hang cleans, clean and jerk, or power snatch every now and again. I have not been able to do these lifts in about 2 months due to a grade 2 sprained ankle.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Jason

BUMP

BUMP
    Jason

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chest/Tris
    I would drop the cable exercises and flyes since they are isolation exercises, and for strength and mass gain you are better off doing compound exercises.
    The best tri exercises are weighted dips, skullcrushers, and close-grip bench.

Back/Bis
    You need to do deadlifts, and this should be the first exercise you do on this day. In fact you should do all of your back exercises before bis since it is a major muscle. Weighted chins (instead of lat pulldowns) and bent rows are other great back exercises that should be incorporated as well.
    IMO, BB standing curls are the best mass builder for bis.

Legs/Shoulders
    Think about replacing leg curls w/ stiff-legged deadlifts or Romanian deadlifts since it is a more compound movement.
    For shoulders, you need to hit your medial delts; lat raises are great for these muscle. You may also consider doing rear lat raises to hit your rear delts.

For protein shakes, I like Optimum's 100% Whey since it is effective and economical.

Thanks!! I took your advice to day on the Back/Biceps... It was the first time I have done dead lifts in years. Thanks for the tips!!!
    Jason