Nico8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is cardio exercise better before weight lifting or after weight lifting?

Some will say it is better after because you will use your muscles first, and then use fat when you do the cardio. Others say it is best before because it gets your metabolism going faster to burn fat.
    My goal is to eliminate fat and grow lean muscle. I am sick of myself, and I am changing my whole lifestyle. All I need is to know I am doing the right things, and I will never give up. There won't be a need to.

What do is your belief in terms of this issue?

Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nico8 View Post
    Some will say it is better after because you will use your muscles first, and then use fat when you do the cardio. Others say it is best before because it gets your metabolism going faster to burn fat.
    My goal is to eliminate fat and grow lean muscle. I am sick of myself, and I am changing my whole lifestyle. All I need is to know I am doing the right things, and I will never give up. There won't be a need to.

What do is your belief in terms of this issue?
    From what I understand and have been told by people is that running before a workout is bad because then during your workout you are potential tired and your workout won't be as good, and as for after your workout it has something to do with that running after can prevent muscle growth and possible cause you to waste your workout. ( From a muscle growing perspective). But for losing weight and body fat, I think that its good to run after a workout, Ive done this in the past to cut down on some weight and it does work well, but don't expect any gains in your lifts or anything like that.

mpadhu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do Cardio after weight lifting. It is effective too.

Nico8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I will not build muscle if I am doing cardio? Damn. lol. I was told if I am using muscle, the body will not use it as energy and will use the fat instead. Is this accurate?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nico8 View Post
    So I will not build muscle if I am doing cardio? Damn. lol. I was told if I am using muscle, the body will not use it as energy and will use the fat instead. Is this accurate?
    Partially.

You need to eat more calories than your burn to grow muscle. If you do too much cardio, you might inadvertently burn away your calorie surplus. But if you out-eat the cardio then all is well (but why did you did you do the cardio in that case?)

To prevent the body using muscle as fuel when you are losing weight (calorie defecit), you need to lift heavy. Cardio will not prevent muscle loss like weight training will - that is not to say that cardio will cause muscle loss.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do it after you lift or better yet on an off day.
    OG

Registered User ricardo2navarro's Avatar
    ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ricardo2navarro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Run before workout...it may tire you out for your workout but I don't recommend running or doing any type of cardio after because it can screw up your recovery although the best recommendation would be to do cardio on non-lifting days if you have time.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ricardo2navarro View Post
    Run before workout...it may tire you out for your workout but I don't recommend running or doing any type of cardio after because it can screw up your recovery although the best recommendation would be to do cardio on non-lifting days if you have time.
    unless youir doing 10 minutes of light warm up why do it before you lift? Even you said it may tire yoiu out...there by making your weight training session not that effective. Plus it will cut into your glycogyn as well which youi need when you lift.
    OG

piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) piffsmoke is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I just do cardio for 20 mins after workout and skip it some days. Trying to burn this belly fat..other than that i have no probs with my gains.. i just eat enough and dont over do the cardio. Your heart is the biggest muscle headquarters so you got to do something with it. **** not doing cardio

Fusion897 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always do my cardio right before the workout because it's only 20-25 mins, and I feel it warms me up well, gets the body firing and prepared to lift heavy and i'm burning a lot of calories in the process. After a heavy lifting session I don't want to do anything let alone cardio. And I don't see how 20-25 mins of cardio before a workout tires anyone out even when doing hiit.

Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bradeful has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fusion897 View Post
    I always do my cardio right before the workout because it's only 20-25 mins, and I feel it warms me up well, gets the body firing and prepared to lift heavy and i'm burning a lot of calories in the process. After a heavy lifting session I don't want to do anything let alone cardio. And I don't see how 20-25 mins of cardio before a workout tires anyone out even when doing hiit.
    20-25 minutes of cardio can be alot to people who are not very athletic or they are really out of shape, so yes that much cardio could easily tire someone out.

Fusion897 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well yes, I understand what you're saying but to those people who really are out of shape...with a very low intensity form of cardio such as maybe the elliptical machine, this should be enough for them to get a decent aerobic workout in and not be tired out for weight training.

Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lendogg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only do it on off days.