iceflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will fat go away?

Stats: 6' 2", 192 lbs.

I've got a few pounds to lose to get my cut abs back.

My question:

Eating a clean diet, lifting hard and getting proper rest. Will this eventually drop these few pounds?

I don't want to get on the treadmill to run off valuable calories. How do you balance this? How do you keep the abs and gain the size?

I'm not going to bulk. I don't see the sense in gaining a lot of weight just to turn around and have to lose it again.

Thanks.

heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're asking if you have to do cardio to lose fat, then the answer is no. But you have to keep a very close eye on what you eat and how much you eat.

I usually don't do cardio to shed fat.
    No supplement has the power that is greater than the power of eatin' clean and liftin' hard.

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iceflex View Post
    Stats: 6' 2", 192 lbs.

I've got a few pounds to lose to get my cut abs back.

My question:

Eating a clean diet, lifting hard and getting proper rest. Will this eventually drop these few pounds?

I don't want to get on the treadmill to run off valuable calories. How do you balance this? How do you keep the abs and gain the size?

I'm not going to bulk. I don't see the sense in gaining a lot of weight just to turn around and have to lose it again.

Thanks.
    What you are asking is this: can I gain muscle while losing fat?

Yes. Many people dont believe you can, but yes...you definetely can, its not only possible for beginners. You have to be extremely strict and eat a 100% clean diet while lifting hard. I've never, ever went by "calories" my main concern is protein.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000) Tejmik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your whey ahead of the game if your already commited to the clean diet. The more muscle you pack on the easier it will be to burn the fat.

Good luck

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BodySculpting View Post
    What you are asking is this: can I gain muscle while losing fat?

Yes. Many people dont believe you can, but yes...you definetely can, its not only possible for beginners. You have to be extremely strict and eat a 100% clean diet while lifting hard. I've never, ever went by "calories" my main concern is protein.
    Why would your body in times of calorie deprevation (dieting/cutting) spare precious calories to build muscle if it's converting fat into energy? It just doesn't make sense. Your body is burning off fat stores since it needs it for energy as a survival tool so why would it take those same calories and product new muscle which is not needed and utilyzes even more calories.

Adding lean muscle makes your bf% go down as long as you aren't adding muscle/fat equally. Also the more muscle that's on your body the more calories it uses to keep so that helps burn fat as well.

needs back hair removal Hikeon3's Avatar
    Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "bulking" is the best 8 months of the year.

It is also completely necessary for a great physique. If you want to be cut, but scrawny, then obsess over your abs and calories and such. But if you want a well-sculpted bulging upper body complete with delt definition and width, trap thickness, well-toned and separated pecs, and a lat span that blocks out the sun, you NEED to bulk. Your body NEEDS an excess of calories to build muscle mass. Sure, some people pull off the whole shedding fat and building muscle simultaneously bit. But the reality is that not everyone can do that.

So take a 16 week cycle to eat 500 cals above maintenance and lift like you got a pair. If you put on 10 pounds of lean mass and 3 pounds of fat, your body fat % just went down. Plus, when you cut the fat back, you are going to look 500 times better than if you had just cut to "keep your abs" in the first place.

Heavy compound lifting, heavy clean eating, and heavy night sleeping are the keys to getting the physique you want. Not crunches and celery sticks.
    In the making. Light-years away, but loving the trip there.

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    Why would your body in times of calorie deprevation (dieting/cutting) spare precious calories to build muscle if it's converting fat into energy? It just doesn't make sense. Your body is burning off fat stores since it needs it for energy as a survival tool so why would it take those same calories and product new muscle which is not needed and utilyzes even more calories.

Adding lean muscle makes your bf% go down as long as you aren't adding muscle/fat equally. Also the more muscle that's on your body the more calories it uses to keep so that helps burn fat as well.
    I've found that its not the quantity of calories you take in, but the quality. If you are eating 6-8 real meals a day with the proper proportions you should be taking in an ample amount of calories. What brings fat is the type of calories you take in, not the amount. As practicing bodybuilders, We'll never really be in a calorie deficit unless we purposely aim for it.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "