Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complex carbs

Towno96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Complex carbs

Hey guys,

There are so many threads regarding complex carbs with different answers. Can someone please tell me if you should avoid them whilst cutting?

This is just for personal knowledge,

Thanks!

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you link to one of these many threads where others claim complex carbs should be avoided while cutting?

DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    complex good, simple bad ( not always true depending on goals/timming of carbs)

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, don't pay any attention to the post above. It's terribly incorrect.

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DFA View Post
    Dem der fast carbs after workout. Amirite?

DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DFA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
    OP, don't pay any attention to the post above. It's terribly incorrect.
    using different carbs with timing to achieve "X" goal is incorrect?

Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post
    Dem der fast carbs after workout. Amirite?
    I love my dextrose post w/o

using different carbs with timing to achieve "X" goal is incorrect?
    That wasn't your claim. This was:

You're clueless. But just for fun, how about you tell us why foods containing simple carbs are bad.

Why?

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's what supplement companies love to hear.

That is actually incorrect.

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah my bro-alert tingled enough to know this was going to be your answer. I prefer table sugar tbh, more catabolic imo

That wasn't your claim. This was:

You're clueless. But just for fun, how about you tell us why foods containing simple carbs are bad.

Why?
    I use simple carbs post workout. Why dextrose? cuz i was given a tub of it from last order never used it before now.

simple sugars CAN be bad for many reasons, diabetics, and also can cuz over eating from fast absorption rate. Spiking your insulin all day,

they can also be used to achieve goals aswell. Everything has its pro's an con's

See this thread is an example of why im confused. I have 30g-60g a day of complex carbs

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use simple carbs post workout. Why dextrose? cuz i was given a tub of it from last order never used it before now.
    Enjoy your powdered version of Gummi bears.

simple sugars CAN be bad for many reasons, diabetics, and also can cuz over eating from fast absorption rate. Spiking your insulin all day,
    I presume you avoid protein too, as various sources can be even more insulinogenic than CHO.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Enjoy your powdered version of Gummi bears.

I presume you avoid protein too, as various sources can be even more insulinogenic than CHO.
    whats a protein?

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    whats a protein?
    What a shocker, we have a troll in this thread.

Do you realize you're not getting any special benefit from it and you're just consuming empty calories because you got it for free?

Above you ask me "why dextrose?" I was also wondering why you take it after a workout. What special benefit do you think dextrose has after a workout?

simple sugars CAN be bad for many reasons, diabetics
    Wrong. The following is from the American Diabetes Association.

Myth: Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.

Fact: No, it does not. Type 1 diabetes is caused by genetics and unknown factors that trigger the onset of the disease; type 2 diabetes is caused by genetics and lifestyle factors. Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories, whether from sugar or from fat, can contribute to weight gain. If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.
    http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/

and also can cuz over eating from fast absorption rate.
    Why would a fast absorption rate cause you to overeat? Fruit is "bad"?

Spiking your insulin all day
    Is bad why? How high a level is "an insulin spike"?

they can also be used to achieve goals aswell. Everything has its pro's an con's
    Your cons are based on myths and incorrect assumptions.

I feel like my point of complex/simple carb timing is getting over looked cuz i mentioned a supp in the nutrition section. Doesnt matter the source of the simple carb use whatever you use. Bottom line carb timing is very important.

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A pretty pathetic one too
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

Bottom line carb timing is very important.
    Can you produce some evidence for this?

Do you realize you're not getting any special benefit from it and you're just consuming empty calories because you got it for free?

Above you ask me "why dextrose?" I was also wondering why you take it after a workout. What special benefit do you think dextrose has after a workout?

Wrong. The following is from the American Diabetes Association.

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/

Why would a fast absorption rate cause you to overeat? Fruit is "bad"?

Is bad why? How high a level is "an insulin spike"?

Your cons are based on myths and incorrect assumptions.
    I never said it causes diabetes, My Fiances mom is diabetic and her diet is based around complex carbs...I just assume her doctor isnt an idiot guess im wrong.

Can you produce some evidence for this?
    Yes ill PM you some links I have read after work for you to check out and can give me your feed back.

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes ill PM you some links I have read after work for you to check out and can give me your feed back.

Stop trolling and get the **** out this thread. You're an annoying troll.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bottom line carb timing is very important.
    Important for....?

I never said it causes diabetes, My Fiances mom is diabetic and her diet is based around complex carbs...I just assume her doctor isnt an idiot guess im wrong.
    Also from the American Diabetes Association. Pay special attention to the last sentence.

Myth: People with diabetes can't eat sweets or chocolate.

Fact: If eaten as part of a healthy meal plan, or combined with exercise, sweets and desserts can be eaten by people with diabetes. They are no more “off limits” to people with diabetes than they are to people without diabetes.
    Even if diabetics should eat less simple sugars, take another look at the blanket claim you made to the OP:

Not interested in PMs. We're having a discussion where all can learn and participate. Lets keep it that way. Post your links in this thread. But first answer all of the questions I asked in post #16.

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel like my point of complex/simple carb timing is getting over looked cuz i mentioned a supp in the nutrition section. Doesnt matter the source of the simple carb use whatever you use. Bottom line carb timing is very important.
    For endurance athletes, not weight lifting

Can I just get an answer please?:L

^ The opinions of posters isn't obvious by reading?

I asked you a question in the very first response. Can I get an answer please? Knowing exactly what you read may help you get a more complete answer.

Originally Posted by Towno96 View Post
    Total energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency determines the outcome of your diet.

By the way, as a 5'9" tall 128 pound 16 year old male, it would be a catastrophic mistake to attempt a cut.

Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The answer is No. There is no need to avoid complex carbs while cutting, as long as you stay within your daily calorie goal, and get sufficient protein and fats from the rest of your diet.
    Think you can, think you can't - doesn't matter. Either way, you're right.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bulking/cutting has nothing to do with the "complexity" of the carbs you're eating.