Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    No lifting yesterday - just a run w/ my new shoes. I ran on the TM, which feels sinful in this weather but, if I end up needing to return them, they have to be in basically perfect condition. Before I am sure I am keeping them (you never know with shoes even when you are buying the same model time after time), I usually try to get at least 3 5km - 8km runs on the TM done in them.

Then we watched "I am Legend" - I think we may have been the last people in North America to watch it!! It was okay - interesting concept. Not the biggest Will Smith fan so that makes it somewhat difficult when he is the only character for 95% of the movie

Back workout tonight while the kids swim - looking forward to it. Will post my workout after.

Have a great day everyone!!

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Sick of people pleasing CrazyKeira's Avatar
    CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10) CrazyKeira is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good idea! I just ordered some new shoes (running shoes...and 4 pairs of heels...sigh...weakness) too and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. The bf keeps talking about wanting to buy a treadmill, so we'll see if I'm able to implement that strategy or not.
    Hope you have a great back workout
    ~The longer you wait for the future, the shorter it will be~

Journal -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142593191

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saw the best thing today. I was behind a bus dropping kids off after school. A girl (probably 5/6 years old) got off the bus, dropped her backpack at her grandma's (I am assuming) feet and proceeded to 'race' the bus once it continued on its route. Seemed like a ritual of sorts as the girl turned her head just as the bus was passing her and gave the biggest wave and smile to the bus driver. I got to see the expression on the girl as she 'raced' the bus - her arms were pumping and her little legs were going gangbusters and she had the biggest smile on her face as she zipped along the sidewalk - it was natural and happy and she was enjoying movement just because she could. I don't know if it is that I am getting older (read sentimental) or that I just take myself too seriously, but I wish I could always feel like that when I run. Sometimes I have that gem of a day when I do - and those are some of my best running days

Now, back to business. Back Day (had a great workout):

Warm up
    2 x 12 @ 50 Lat Pull Downs
    2 x 12 @ 50 Close Grip (Reverse) Pull Downs

Lat Pull Downs
    10@70, 8@90, 6@100, 8@90, 10@70

Seated Row
    10@90, 8@110, 5@120 (last one very tough), 7@110 (couldn't get that last rep), 10@90

Bent Over BB Row
    10@70, 8@80, 6@90, 8@80, 10@70 Though I got all the required reps in, there is no way I could've increased the weight at all this week on any set.

Straight Arm Pull Downs
    I haven't performed this exercise before in the past - had to have someone watch me to make sure I was doing it correctly. My weights were less than stellar - hoping they improve over the course of the program. I can understand now why several people have said that this one also really taxes the core
    10@25, 8@30, 5@40, 15@20

BB Curls
    Biceps felt very tired by the end of the back lifts.
    10@50, 8@50, 4@50

Done.

See you!

CC

@ CrazyKeira ~ enjoy your heels - I have a problem with boots

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Saw the best thing today. I was behind a bus dropping kids off after school. A girl (probably 5/6 years old) got off the bus, dropped her backpack at her grandma's (I am assuming) feet and proceeded to 'race' the bus once it continued on its route. Seemed like a ritual of sorts as the girl turned her head just as the bus was passing her and gave the biggest wave and smile to the bus driver. I got to see the expression on the girl as she 'raced' the bus - her arms were pumping and her little legs were going gangbusters and she had the biggest smile on her face as she zipped along the sidewalk - it was natural and happy and she was enjoying movement just because she could. I don't know if it is that I am getting older (read sentimental) or that I just take myself too seriously, but I wish I could always feel like that when I run. Sometimes I have that gem of a day when I do - and those are some of my best running days

Now, back to business. Back Day (had a great workout):

Warm up
    2 x 12 @ 50 Lat Pull Downs
    2 x 12 @ 50 Close Grip (Reverse) Pull Downs

Lat Pull Downs

Seated Row
    10@90, 8@110, 5@120 (last one very tough), 7@110 (couldn't get that last rep), 10@90

Bent Over BB Row
    10@70, 8@80, 6@90, 8@80, 10@70 Though I got all the required reps in, there is no way I could've increased the weight at all this week on any set.

Straight Arm Pull Downs
    I haven't performed this exercise before in the past - had to have someone watch me to make sure I was doing it correctly. My weights were less than stellar - hoping they improve over the course of the program. I can understand now why several people have said that this one also really taxes the core
    10@25, 8@30, 5@40, 15@20

BB Curls
    Biceps felt very tired by the end of the back lifts.
    10@50, 8@50, 4@50

Done.

See you!

CC
    I finally made it here!

Looks like a solid back workout to me. Honestly, I don't move big numbers on straight arm pulldowns. It's an akward, odd type of movement...for me anyways LOL.

Good work!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thanks Kimm4 for dropping in! Your feedback on yesterday's back workout brought a big smile to my face. Thanks also for your note about the straight arm pull down move - makes me feel better and not so much a dork for feeling awkward

I have one last "first" day on this program (chest/shoulder/trap day) and I hope to get to the gym tomorrow morning to perform that workout. It all depends as I have a sick daughter at home today....

So far, I am liking the days for the bigger muscle groups but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the arm day. I don't know if I'll follow the arm day or not. I think I should try it at least 2 or three more weeks before making a decision.

Happy Friday,

CC

Great day yesterday - hit the gym first thing and then dropped the kids off @ their g-ma's house so hubby and I could walk the expo for Around the Bay. ATB is a well known race (30km) hosted just near us that I usually run but I am not this year. In my mind, it has one of the best expos in Ontario if you are looking to pick up shoes, gear and other running "goodies". I bought the cutest workout top from a vendor who makes the coolest tops /arm warmers / head bands - can't wait to wear it to the gym next week

The only part of the day that sucked was that I fell into the shower - yes, you read that correctly - INTO the shower. Smacked my foot so hard on the marble step that it immediately went black (almost like a blood blister) and couldn't bear much weight on the foot yesterday (I guess I should have said I 'limped' the expo ). I also wrenched my neck. I was worried I had broken something in my foot - it feels better today, but I will need to be very aware of this in the upcoming weeks during my runs. Did I mention before that I am a clutz?

Yesterday was the last 'first' day of the new program. I reduced the chest lifts to only include two lifts (incline press and bench press) as I only returned to lifting chest a few weeks ago. (FYI - I had under the muscle implants implanted Nov 1 and the doc approved my return to direct chest work a few weeks ago).

Chest / Shoulders / Traps

Incline Press (w/ BB)
    w/up with bar only x 10
    10@75, 8@85, 5@95, 8@85, 10@75

DB Bench Press weights shown are per arm weights
    10@27.5, 8@30, 6@35, 8@30, 10@27.5

Millitary Press (w/DB)
    10@27.5, 8@30, 4@35, 8@27.5, 10@25 I had to drop the weight on the back half of the pyramid in order to get in the required reps

Upright Row
    10@40, 8@50, 6@60, 8@50, 12@40 -> next week, I'll raise the weight on this one - I think I short changed myself

Lateral Raise
    10@10, 10@12.5, 8@15, 6@17.5, 8@15, 12@12.5 I felt like I had a lot left for this one too - may play with starting at 15 next week - though I don't know that I am ready for the 20's - we'll see

Shrugs (@ Smith Machine - weight shown is total added weight, not weight per side)
    12@25, 10@35, 8@45, 6@55, 8@45 (bar behind), 12@35 Again, I think this is a candidate for adding some weight next week

Overall a good workout.

Take care,
    CC

Hello! Had an awesome workout today. Foot is still very sore (and a lovely shade of bluish purple) Ran on it yesterday but it was very tender - not happy about that.

Food update: I am currently playing around with spreading my calories out a bit more evenly over the course of the day and yesterday was a 'bang on' day with me eating every few hours and hitting my calories almost to the tee (target: 2300 actual as per MFP: 2238, macros: target: 288c, 64f, 144p actuals: 284, 64,147). I find if I do eat every few hours up to and including just before bed, I don't wake up during the night hungry (so hungry that I have to get something to eat or I won't be able to fall back asleep). This 'wake up and eat something' routine compromises my sleep (something, like most people, I don't get enough of in the first place) and therefore I must address this situation asap - it is affecting my mood and my workouts. Reminds me of the days of night feedings....only I am the one needing feeding, not the baby!

Today I did the leg routine as I will have to change up the order of the workouts a bit this week due to scheduling logistics. Here are the details:

Squats
    w/up with bar only
    10@95, 8@115, 5@145 (yeah - first time ever @ that weight), 8@115, 10@95

Bulgarian Split Squat (@Smith Machine)
    10@15lb (per side), 8@17.5, 6@20, 8@17.5, 10@15

Leg Press
    10@70, 8@80, 6@90, 8@80, 10@70

SLDL
    10@95, 8@115, 6@135, 8@115, 10@95

Ham curls
    10@50, 8@65, 6@80, 8@65, 10@50

Followed by three sets of crunches w/ the cable + 10 minutes on the stair mill - damn, I hate that thing.

Bye now!

Crazy busy days at work so I am catching up with two days worth of workouts in the next two posts.

I am very glad that I have been able to fit my lifting workouts in prior to work b/c I think if I waited until after work, I wouldn't get the workouts done (between kids lessons, leaving work late, other family commitments). I am so thankful that my hubs takes the kidlets to the sitter a few days a week to allow me to get my workouts in.

I am worried about next week b/c he'll be away travelling (work) and I will have to use whatever equipment we have in the bsmt/work gym to get my lifts in. Oh well, I'll sit down Sunday and plan out my attack accordingly. Seems like we spend a few solid hours each Sunday afternoon planning out the 'game plan' for the week - we figure out who is picking up/dropping off/shuttling the kids, what menus are on for each week night, what groceries we therefore need to buy, do the shopping and then I cook up 'my food' for the week (a big batch of rice, hubby does up my chicken portions on the bbq, I cut up all the veggies for the week) - by the time Monday morning roles around, I need a break I'd love to think this is going to get easier as the kids get older but I have been informed by a very good friend (who has teenagers) that it gets easier in some respects but harder in whole bunch of other respects.

So, workout wise, yesterday I my 2nd session of the prescribed back routine (I am going to run this program for 8 weeks and then re-address next steps). The only move I wasn't pleased with was the seated row. I seemed very low in strength yesterday as compared to last week - have no explaination for it, just couldn't seem to move as much weight. Last week, I did workout mid afternoon in a non fasted state (versus 5:30am yesterday with no breakie) but I don't know if that is the reason. I didn't note any other pertinent details from last week's session so I can't think of any other reason.

Lat Pull Downs
    w/up 12@50
    10@70, 8@80, 6@100, 8@80, 12@70 Had a lot of energy left @ the end of the last set but I don't think I could have added more weight to the "6" set - I don't really know what to do in this case - add more reps? I'll ask around but if you're lurking and have a suggestion - I'd love to hear it

Seated Row
    w/up 10@70
    10@90, 8@110, 8@100 (couldn't add weight and didn't feel my form was bang on with the 110 so chose to drop it to 100), 8@100, 9@90 hmm

Bent Over Row
    10@60*, 8@80, 6@90, 8@80, 10@ 70 *some dude showing waaaayyyyyy too much of his mid-drift was using the 70 pound bar and I didn't want to ask if I could set in with him

Straight Arm Pulldown (cable)
    10@25, 8@30, 6@35, 8@30, 10@25 - these felt a bit better than last week and I really focused on where I should be feeling this mvmt

BB Curls
    8@50, 6@50, 2x10@40

Scooted home for breakie.....oh yeah, and a huge coffee!

Today's workout (Thursday, March 29th)

Chest, Shoulder, Traps

Another morning workout (5:30) - starting to get to know the set of folks who frequent the gym at this time. It is a great time to workout - not too busy but busy enough to be pleasant. Not a lot of chit-chat, but I am okay with that as I usually throw on my headphones, blare my BEP or J-Lo and do my thing. It helps too that I just discovered that Tim Horton's is open 24 hours ?!?!? I guess I didn't have the need to know this before the last few weeks. I may look stupid drinking my coffee between sets but hey, it keeps me happy, so people will just have to deal with it. I noticed I am not the only one - someone showed up today with a thermal craft - I don't think she had Expand in it

I think I am going to have to start packing two gym bags - one for the morning lifting workouts (regular junk including journal, headhphones, gloves, sweat towel) and one for the lunch time runs (full running gear, showering stuff, etc). Rushing home from the gym, emptying and re-packing is getting to be a big ordeal that I don't need in addition to other 'getting ready for work' activities. We have a zillion gym bags hanging around - I should just do it and stop b'ing about it.

Incline Press (BB)
    w/up 12 w/ bar only
    10@75, 8@85, 5@95, 8@80, 10@75

DB Press (flat bench)
    10@25's, 8@27.5's, 6@30's. 8@27.5's, 10@25

DB Millitary Press
    10@25's, 8@27.5's, 6@30's. 8@27.5's, 10@25

Upright Row
    10@40, 8@50, 10@70, 8@50, 10@40 Next week, I should start these @50 and still go up to 70 - I felt quite good on last set

Lateral Raise
    10@12.5, 8@15, 6@17.5, 8@15,10@12.5

Shrugs (per side weight @ Smith Machine)
    10@35, 8@45, 6@55, 8@45 (weight behind), 10@35 (weight behind)

Somehow I feel like my rear delts don't get hit with this workout so I added 3 sets of 8 reps (45lbs) of rear delts on the pec deck machine.

Have a great day!

Ah the weekend - so relaxing - NOT!!! Yesterday, I didn't lift, but did run and did my core routine. Eating was quite good, a little low in protein (off by about 15g). Too bad rum and coke doesn't have protein - b/c I had two of those as a treat last night

I slipped to the gym today later in the morning (11am-ish) - I usually go around 3pm on Sundays - didn't realize how busy the gym is mid morning on a Sunday - stupid busy!!

Because equipment was at a premium this morning (and I forgot my log ), I ended up performing an arm workout which flipped back and forth between Bi and Tri exercises. I quite liked it - may stick with it as I really didn't like the arm workout prescribed in the specific program I am following.

Here are the dets:

Warm up
    2x12@55 - Bi curls @ cable machine (double pulley)
    2x12@55 - Tri Press @ cable machine (double pulley)

Tri Press
    10@70, 8@85, 6@100, 8@85,10@70

BB Curl
    10@40, 8@50, 5@60, 8@50, 10@40

Skulls
    10@40, 8@50, 5@60, 8@50, 10@40

DB Curls
    10@20, 8@22.5, 6@25, 8@22.5, 10@ 20 - started this group of sets at a lower weight this week and was able to actually build the desired pyramid - felt taxing towards the end so I think this is a good choice for the time being - the difference b/w 25 and 27.5 is still too big of a challenge right now and I can't do it without my form going to sh*t - give me some time and I'll tackle it again

Dips (Between 2 flat benches)
    4 sets of 12

Preacher curl
    2x10@40 at the preacher curl bench, then 3x10@45 preacher curls using the cable - a suggestion of someone I was working out with when I complained about the bench - I did like using the cable better and it did eliminate the specific complaint I was having.

Now I just finished eating lunch and I have some Sunday afternoon chores to do - will fit a run in before dinner. I have chosen a target race for the fall - will be signing up for the 10km @ the Niagara Falls Marathon weekend. Time of year works, location works and it looks to be a flat / fast course. I would like to have a good last race in my current age group (35-39) and, based on previous year's results, I have a pretty good shot at placing in my AG at this race. That would be sweet .

Another happy note is that hubs and I have decided to go to Vegas for my big 4-0 - and we've asked some friends to go. Hopefully they can. We won't go until March of 2013 (despite the fact that I actually turn 40 on Dec 24th of this year) as I want to go when it is hotter. We went in December a few years back (so I could run the marathon there) - and it was quite cool (highs of approx 15 c) - I want to go when it is hot but not stinking hot. Yet another reason to get in tip-top shape - a new bikini

Take care,
    CC

Okey dokey - here is the update for today. As mentioned previously, hubby is out of town so I can't go to the gym for my 'now what is usual' early morning workouts, so I packed my stuff to do a lifting w/o (chest, shoulders, traps) at work today....... As usual, meetings ran late and I was left with exactly 42 minutes between meetings in / around lunch time. Did a quick calculation in my head of time required to get a decent workout in, whipped down the hall and set to doing a revised shoulder / trap workout (I am going to append the chest workout to tomorrow's planned back work out - which I am hoping to do intra day as I am actually going to be working from home).

So, here is what I got done ....

Shoulders / Traps @ work gym

Warm up
    2 sets of 10 @ 25lbs of Mill Press
    Blood pressure already up due to stressful meeting immediately prior to lifting.....

Seated DB Millitary Press
    10@25, 3x8@30 (huh, no 35lb DBs at work gym - noted for future), 10@25

Lateral Arm Raise
    2x10@10, 3x10@15 (no 12s at work gym - noted for future)

Bent over lateral Raise
    5x12@10

Shrugs w/ DBs
    3x12@50

Placed v-ups, reverse crunches and some planks between sets. All said and done, given the time restraint, I did at least leave feeling like I had done something.

Now I am just tallying up my fuel for the day - appetite is quite surpressed today (I am a stress non eater) and I am shy about 430 calories (gap = 63g C, 17g F, 5g P) but don't feel (as of 7pm while I am writing this) like eating anything else today. This is when I wish you could just magically order up something with that nutritional profile w/out having to rack your brain for some food(s) that fit the remaining requirements (i.e. I"ll have a "63c, 17g, 5p" is something George Jetson could probably order up from his robotic maid.....where is my robotic maid and, while we're at it, why is she so far behind on the laundry????

Back to reality - I guess I will try to determine a snack for a bit later on that will bring me a bit closer to my daily target.

Gotta run to pick up DD from dance class.

Have a great night everyone!

CC

Just dropping in to report on today's back workout. Didn't get the chest lifts done that were omitted yesterday..... new plan - append to Friday's leg day workout! I also didn't follow the exact prescribed program for today - gym was crazy and I didn't want to have to wait for equipment - so I stuck with certain weights and did flattish / lopsided pyramids :0

Non gym related - I have never had an ear infection but I am wondering if I have one - woke up this morning with a feeling like someone was sticking a pencil in my right ear - and it hurts to swallow. All day, I've also felt sinus pressure (specifically in my checks) but I don't feel congested. Very weird.

Warm up
    2x10@70 Lat Pull Downs

Lat Pull Downs
    10@70, 3x8@85

Assisted Pull ups
    3x6 with 35lbs - man I feel these - I would love to be able do at least one without assistance by my b-day!!!

Seated Rows
    10@70, 10@85, 8@100, 5@120, 8@100, 10@85

Bent over row
    10@50, 4x10@60 (bars at a premium!!!!)

Straight Arm Pull Down
    10@20, 8@25, 6@30, 4@35, 8@25, 10@20

Bicep Curl @ double pulley cable station
    10@35, 8@35, 3x10@25

Reverse Grip Bicep Curl @ double pulley cable station
    3x10@20

No lifting tomorrow - just a run while the kids swim. Hubby will get home tomorrow night so I am sure to get some extra cardio in addition to my run

I'll hit the gym Friday to do legs (+chest) - then chill w/ the fam Friday night for Easter dinner w/ my side of the family. My sister and I are going to the UFE show Saturday and I am getting super excited about that!!

Have a great night.

CC
    Last edited by Cardioconvert; 04-04-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just popping in to say you are lifting some nice numbers. Your schedule is crazy busy. I don't know how you've got the energy to do all that you do.

Out of curiosity, what pace are you hoping to run at Niagara?

Thanks gwnorth for popping in! Always thankful for input from others - and it is nice that you think I am crazy busy - most of my friends / co-workers think I'm just crazy!!

I am hoping to run sub 5 min km (that would give me a shot at placing - at least based on the last two years' results - the year before that some crazy a$$ fast chicks showed up). If I get my butt in gear, I should be fine at this pace. I haven't ever raced a 10km (I started with halfs and marathons - only raced once or twice at a shorter distance)- but I did a 10miler @ a 4:48 pace and a half at about a 5:15 pace in the last few years so I think my times should fall somewhere in that corridor with the right training. Prior to my surgery in the fall, I was doing my tempo runs (w/up of ~2km, tempoing for only 4-5 km) around 4:40 /km. I was pulling off 3:20-3:30 800's (for 6-8 repeats) for my interval training but I wasn't training for anything. Right now, I am just logging maintenance mileage - runs between 5 and 8km during weekdays, longer on the weekend - averaging about 5:45/km.

I know if I actually set up my program to train for Niagara, I would be fine - I just need to see if I can find that 'fire in my belly' for it. If I don't have the fire, the training won't be realized to its full potential. Please note >> I am not one to vocalize a goal until I have assessed and assigned probability to it (I am such an accountant) - I will assess in the early summer and, if the fire is there, I will set myself a specific goal for the race and make it public

Take care!

Okay - lots of updating to do - worried that there might be a limit on the number of characters allowed per entry so I am going to break it into three - one for my leg workout (done Thursday night), one for my visit to the UFE show (Sat) and then one for today (chest (finally got it done for the week) and arms).

Here we go:

Thursday, April 5th

Not workout related:

Not a great start to the day.....got to work about 10 minutes earlier than usual only to discover that my laptop was probably still in my kitchen. I am very much a creature of habit and when I packed it up that morning, I put it in a different spot than usual (even as I did that I said to myself...don't put it there, you'll forget it ). So I guess when I hustled the kids to the car, picked up my gym bag, my cooler and my purse, I just didn't notice I was light one bag. Stupid. It is a 45 minute commute to work - so, in essence, by the time I went back and got my computer and went back to work, I spent well over 2 hours 'commuting' on Thursday morning.

Workout:

When I got to the gym, the squat rack (we only have one) was being used and several guys were standing around as if an informal waiting list had been established so I started my workout with Split squats. Warmed up for 10 min on elliptical.

Bulgarian Split Squats (@ Smith Machine) - weights shown are per side
    10@15, 8@17.5, 6@20,8@17.5, 10@15

SLDL

Leg Pressweights shown are per side
    10@45, 8@90,6@100, 8@90, 12@45

Sqats (finally my turn )

Hamstring Curls
    10@50, 8@60, 6@75, 8@65, 10@50

Followed by some core work: ab roll outs, hanging leg raises (my absolute fav ab exercise) and planks.

Overall, a feel good workout. Nice

Post #2 re: UFE Show

I had mentioned it before but my sister and I got tickets to go the UFE Spring Bash in Mississauga. One of her roomates from university was competing in her first show (she entered the Masters Figure Division) so we figured we would go and watch. You should know that my sister isn't into lifting so this was a very weird experience for her I would think (I asked her and all she would comit to is "it was a little less formal than I had thought).

We got to the show @ 12:45 (doors operend at 10 am but her friend had told us there were quite a few divisions before her so she said not to come until a bit later). Unfortunately, we missed her class but did get to see the Physique Division - there was only one entrant - but she looked wonderful. We also saw men's and women's fitness model categories (masters and open for each) and Men's bodybuilding (not too many entrants). We didn't buy tickets for the finals and so we have to follow up with her friend to see how it went.

It was just awesome seeing all these participants showing off their hard work. Many of the women from earlier categories were sitting in / around us in the audience and I couldn't take my eyes off the size of their arms and shoulders - just absolutely awesome. I did, however, feel really, really tall around them - they all seemed so tiny (height wise) and compact.

All in all, a good experience. We got to watch the video of her friend (it was set up out in the hall outside the auditorium) and she looked spectacular. I counted over 30 people in her Division. Can't wait to hear her feelings on the whole experience - I know she put on FB that she couldn't wait to have some carbs with her hubby after the show - hopefully she had a nice big Easter dinner today!

I can see why people would feel compelled to enter these shows - it is a super way to showcase the hardwork and hours put in both @ the gym and regulating one's diet. Very inspirational!

CC

Last post for the day folks - I promise! Just need to get it caught up so I can start the week with a fresh docket.

So, today, hit the gym just after lunch. Finally, a nice quiet afternoon at the Y. I finally got my chest lifts in by appending them to my arm workout. It made my tricep lifts a bit more challenging (I placed the chest lifts at the beginning) but no so much so (not like I am lifting heavy chest right now).

Dets:

Incline Press - per side weights shown
    w/up with bar only x 12
    10@15, 8@20, 6@25, 8@20, 10@15 - next week, I can probably go a bit heavier - these are feeling better each week I do them

DB Press (flat Bench)
    10@30, 8@35, 6@40, 8@35, 10@30

Skulls followed immediately by fast, close grip presses
    10@40, 8@50, 7@50, 9@40

BB Curls
    10@40, 2x8@50, 10@40 - great pump going after these

Press Downs - done at double pulley station

Preacher Curls using cable
    12@30, 10@40, 8@50, 6@65, 8@50, 15@40 (to failure)

Dips (between 2 benches)
    2 sets of 12

A great workout to end the week. Need to figure out the days I'll lift this week and place my workouts accordingly. Hopefully will be able to get my early morning workouts in on Tuesday / Thursday - need to check w/ hubs to make sure he can still be 'on deck' to take the kids to the sitter's. Probably hit legs tomorrow - that way, I can run on each of the other days of the week.

Starting to see some nice development in my shoulders, particularly the rear delt. This makes me happy - shoulders have always been a muscle I admire on other women but have had challenges in the past developing mine. Had hubby take 3 progress shots (now in my bodyspace) - they aren't the same poses as my first set so they aren't a good comparison but they are good enough for me to use as a benchmark for the next four weeks.

Family dentist appointment tomorrow - ugh. Hopefully nothing unexpected comes up (knock on wood, kids' teeth have had no issues / cavities as of yet).

CC

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Had a quick look at your photos. Your arms and shoulders are really looking good.

Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post
    Had a quick look at your photos. Your arms and shoulders are really looking good.
    Thanks gwnorth. I am pleased with the progress made thus far and excited about seeing more changes in the upcoming months!!!

CC

Hello April 11th!!!! Dropping in to post the details of two workouts (I'll do this in two posts). It has been crazy a$$ busy at work, I barely have time to churn through all the analysis I need to do. I had to really make a point of reminding myself to eat today or I would have gone the whole day without. In addition to this, people keep coming to work sick - why do people do that? I know we all have a vested interest in getting this project done by May 1, but really, STAY AT HOME - it is better than infecting the whole team (25+ people) and taking us all down.

End rant.

Details of yesterday's pre-work (5:30am) Back workout. Nice workout -very few people in the weight room, awesome Tim Horton's coffee (sometimes, to me Tim's can taste so burnt ). I was a bit worried about the workout b/c I woke up with a terribly sore wrist. I have a ganglion (sp?) cyst in my right wrist - the doc has me wearing a night split to try to ease some of the pressure on it as I tend to bend my wrist at a weird angle while sleeping and this aggravates it. I refuse, at this point, to even consider seeing a surgeon about it - particularly when I hear that the surgery often results in the cyst just growing right back. At any rate, if my wrist bugs me, my workouts, understandably, can be a bit more challenging / painful. But off I went anyway...

Back
    warm up - 2x12@50 Lat Pull downs I probably should do more of a warm up but time constraints make it thus.

Lat Pull Downs

Assisted Pull Ups
    3 sets of 6 with assistance at 20.5lbs - I really don't know what that means as there isn't a little chart on our assistance machine like the one I have seen at other gyms which tells you what % of your body weight you are lifting.

Seated Row
    10@70, 8@90, 5@110, 8@90, 10@70 - felt better this week but still seem stronger on this specific lift when lifting later in the day- weird.

Bent Over Row
    10@70, 8@80, 6@90, 8@80, 10@70 - this is, by far, one of my favourite back exercises - I don't know why I like it, I just do.

Straight Arm Pull Down
    10@25, 8@30, 6@35, 8@30, 10@25

BB Curl
    10@40, 2x8@50, 7@40 (biceps seem shot)

BB Curl - overhand grip
    15@20

Overall, the wrist didn't grumble too much. At least not today - it tends to make me aware of the cyst on days when I hit chest.

Scooted back home in time to kiss the kids and hubby as they left for daycare/work and then enjoyed a big bowl of oatmeal and greek yogurt

Today's workout: a little bit o' chest, a little bit o' shoulder, a little bit o'traps and a little bit o' tricep at the work gym.

I packed my stuff this morning, hopeful that I could slip to the gym for at least 45 minutes during the workday. Alternative plan was to hit the gym after Survivor tonight (yes, I am a fan and we watch it as a family). Ended up being able to work out at lunch which is awesome!!!

DB Mill Press
    10@25, 3x8@30, 10@25 - dang, noticed at the end of the sets that there are 2.5lb magnets on the weight rack - now I know I can add to the 30's to make 35s - good info for next week.

Flat bench - DB Press
    10@25, 8@35, 2x10@35, 10@30

Lateral Arm Raise
    12@10, 4x10@15

Bent over Lateral Raise
    12@10, 3x10@15

DB Shrugs
    3x12@50 per arm

Dips
    12, 15

Then, back to work to put out a few fires. Got a nice compliment while walking back to my desk (had a sleeveless dress on today) - one of the analysts said 'wow, you are so comitted - and your arms are so muscular'. I kinda looked around to see if she was really talking to me - I thought maybe one of the really muscular girls from my 'real' (not work) gym had showed up!!! Made my day

Have an awesome night

CC

Early morning leg workout - will post details later. First time I performed my leg w/o in the early am - had some lessons learned that I want to note while they are fresh in my mind:

- leg workout is too long (already knew this) to do in the morning, unless I am a bit late to work - most days, this is okay, but today I have a meeting at 9 so can't be late. Will perform the missed lifts tonight while the kids swim - I don't think that is the most effective way of getting the workout done, but such is reality today and I"ll just have to deal w/ it.

- legs are really tight first thing - more warm up is necessary before lifting on a go forward basis

- new pants ('swishy' pants made by Reebok - you know, the noisy kind - swishy even if you don't have a lot of rub between your thighs!) are way too heavy for leg day - I was really overheating and not comfortable. I think these pants will be reserved just for coming / going to the gym, not lifting - especially now that the weather (hopefully) is warming up.

That's about it - will log details tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

CC

April 12 - leg day (done in two parts as per **** between different sets)

Squats
    10 w/ bar only
    10@95, 8@105, 6@135, 8@105, 10@95 felt really, really tight - next time I work out in the am (legs), must warm up on TM or elliptical first

Bulgarian Split Squats (@ Smith Machine) - per side weights shown
    10@15, 8@17.5, 6@20, 8@17.5, 10@15

SLDL
    10@95, 8@105, 6@135, 8@105, 10@95

Leg Press
    10@45 ps, 8@70ps, 6@95ps, 8@70ps, 10@45ps

Calf Raises
    10@190, 8@200, 6@210, 8@200, 10@190 - calves screaming after this (see note below re: recent issue w/ feet)

Hamstring curls
    10@50, 8@70, 5@90, 8@70, 10@50

For the sets done this evening, threw in hanging leg raises, cable crunches and roll outs between.

Recent issue: I think I need to do some shopping this weekend (I totally love 'justified' shopping ) for some new work shoes. As mentioned previously, I absolutely love boots - have well over a dozen pairs (different heights, colours, heel heights, etc.) but, with the exception of one pair, they all are high heeled. Well, I think my calves and feet are finally saying enough b/c I have had the most wicked cramping in my feet - not only on the plantar side of the foot (which I am somewhat used to) but what feels like deep in the dorsal side of the foot - the cramps are so freaking painful and result in both my giant toe and my third / fourth toes going rigid straight during the spasm. It happed several times during the night last night and repeatedly today (both while at work and at the gym). In fact, when I sat down into one of my squats, I got a cramp like the one described and I was a bit worried I was going to go down.... Then, when I was leaving for work, I got another one - this one my son says to me "mom, why are you doing that with your toes - it looks weird?" - I wasn't doing on purpose and yes, weird, but more importantly painful.

It is frustrating and I am used to feed issues (have had bi-lateral removals of morten's neuromas between my third and fourth met heads) but this pain is unbelievable.

Oh well, another thing to figure out and work around.

CC

Wow - have you ever had a day when you feel like a monster in the gym - not a bad, scary monster so maybe monster is the wrong word - I just mean a feeling that you feel really, really focused and strong?? Monster is totally the wrong word - need to find a better word..... anywho, that is how I felt today. It's not like I lifted any more than usual (well, maybe a bit more on my preacher curls and press downs than I have in the past) but I just felt in the zone. I am excited about this - I haven't entered this zone before in my lifting. I have had experiences in the zone over my running life (too bad only one ever coincided with a race ) so I am somewhat accustomed to that, but today was a whole new ballgame in the weight room. I swear, a bomb could've gone off today in the gym and I probably wouldn't have noticed because I was so into my workout.

I don't know what I can even attribute it to - a good sleep, a few extra calories yesterday, the moons and stars aligned differently? I don't know, and I probably won't ever know what contributed to it, but it was awesome! I know I can't expect this feeling during every workout or even on a regular basis, but man, what a high!!!

So, here are the details of the workout:

Arms
    Press Downs (double pulley station)
    10@65, 8@80, 6@95, 4@110 (PR), 8@80, 10@65

BB Curls
    10@40, 8@50, 6@60, 8@50, 10@40 (with v sit ups (10-12) between each set)

Skulls followed by fast, close gripped presses
    10@40, 3x8@50, 10@40 - now my tris were starting to scream - love that feeling!

Preacher Curl using Cable

Dips (between 2 flat benches)

Done!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
    Last edited by Cardioconvert; 04-14-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo

Today's workout: Back and Bis (in the am before work)

Not too much to report non workout wise today - work is increasingly crazy as we near the May 1 live date and I fully expect to be logging some longer hours over the next two weeks. Even more important than ever to get my workouts in as planned = helps me deal w/ the stress of work to have an outlet.
    Back / Bis

Lat Pull Down
    10@70, 8@90, 5@100, 8@90, 10@70

Seated Row
    10@70, 8@90, 5@100, 8@90, 10@70

Assisted Pull Ups
    7 at 20.5 assistance, 2 sets of 6 at 20.5

Bent Over Rows
    10@60, 8@70, 6@80, 6@90, 8@80 - need to start heavier with this one next week - didn't check my numbers from last week - I short changed myself

BB Curls
    10@40, 7@70, 2x7@50 followed immediately by 10@20lb reverse grip curls, 8@40

Straight Arm Pull downs
    10@30, 8@35, 5@40, 8@35, 10@30

Home and a nice breakie.

Planned on running outside tonight during son's karate class but it is so windy here, I wimped out. There was actually a transport truck that got blown over and I figure, if the wind is strong enough to do that, I am okay to justify running on the TM tonight.

Will do shoulders, chest and traps tomorrow - probably not the most ideal placement (day after back specific workout) but such is the time available this week.

Have a great night!

CC
    Last edited by Cardioconvert; 04-16-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: 'cause I worked out my Bis not my Bmis

Well, not a great start to today - dd came into our bedroom at 5:30 and threw up all over me - I am so not good w/ barf - makes me gag. I can handle lots of kid related stuff like snot and back in the day, even the stinkiest of diapers didn't phase me. Puke is a totally different story.

Anyway, having to work from home which is not great considering the speed at which things are flying around these days in prep for May 1. She is doing better - seems to have flushed out whatever was in her system, now just vegging on the sofa. She doesn't want to eat anything but if she doesn't drink something soon, I will force her to have a small glass of water.

Nice thing is, if she remains okay and content just to veg, I may get to slip down to the bsmt to get my workout done. I didn't end up lifting yesterday (was planning on Shoulders / Chest / Traps) as I went for a run at lunch instead (needed to get out of the office to regain some clarity). Can't hit the gym tonight as our son's football season starts tonight. Nice thing is, his practices are held at a football field with a track around it. That way, I can get my run in while still 'watching' his practice - nice

Drop in later w/ lifting details.

CC

slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000) slobey is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed for your journey. another fellow accountant here as well.
    ★Good things come to those who hydrate ★

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152185283&p=1032221033#post1032221033

Fortunately we haven't had very many vomit episodes in our house, but when it does happen, it always seems to be in the middle of the night. Dh is the lucky one to clean up the mess while I clean up the kids .

Hope your dd is feeling better soon (and that whatever it is it isn't spreading).

Hello

Hi Slobey - thanks for dropping in - looking forward to you following my journey - ventured over to your journal today (cool name ). Read the last few postings but will go back a few pages to get myself acquainted - looking forward to it! I don't know how to quote more than one person - hmm, can someone tell me for the future?

Originally Posted by gwnorth View Post
    Fortunately we haven't had very many vomit episodes in our house, but when it does happen, it always seems to be in the middle of the night. Dh is the lucky one to clean up the mess while I clean up the kids .

Hope your dd is feeling better soon (and that whatever it is it isn't spreading).
    I hope so too - that is always the worry when only one kid goes down with something, right? When will I have to do 'emergency' bed changing again?!?!?! My mom has offered to stay with dd tomorrow if she can't go to school - I can't miss being in the office two days in a row right now. Congrats on some nice lifts and progress in the last few days and I am pleased you forged ahead even when your PT didn't show - way to go girl!!

My workout didn't get done until dinner time (work was just as crazy, even though I wasn't physically there - spent almost all day with my boss (on the phone) reviewing last minutes analysis and documents to be published and distributed to field staff tomorrow (hence me not being able to miss tomorrow - I need to present some of the docs)

I didn't eat well today (content good, total calories way low (~500 shy)) just way to stresed to stomach food - and I was worried that my tummy was flipping b/c I was falling prey to the dd's tummy bug. Once I powered off the laptop for the day, tummy settled so I hope I am out of the woods (fingers crossed).

Worked out in the bsmt. Here are the details. Watched ET's special edition about Dick Clark - I really liked watching him on tv - he will be a tv personality I will miss.

Chest / Shoulders / Traps

Incline DB Press
    10@30, 8@35, 6@40, 8@35, 10@30

Shrugs (DB)
    10@50, 2x12@50

Seated Millitary Press - DB
    I hate doing these at home. We have those adjustable weights (got them at Costco - go from 5lbs - 55lbs) but I find they are too long and I usually clunk myself at least once during a workout. In additon, the locking mechanism isn't 100% fool proof - one of the plates fell off the DB as I was re-racking today - at least it was at that point in time, and not while I had the weight over my head <:
    10@25, 8@30, 6@35, 8@30, 10@25

Lateral Raises
    10@12, 8@15, 6@17, 8@15, 10@12

Bent over lateral raise followed immediately by front raises (1/2 the number of reps)
    4x10@12

Few sets of rollouts and reverse crunches on decline bench (love doing that at home b/c I don't have anywhere to do hanging leg raises which is my usual fav)

CC