Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Results 1,381 to 1,389 of 1389
    really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad you got away and sorry to hear about your trouble in the DR. That is the only place I have ever been sick too and I was careful the only thing I did was eat cucumber so we figure they washed it under the water not bottle water so you just never know.

I am so ready for spring to arrive and be able to start moving things forward.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    OH my -- my journal has never gotten to close to the bottom of the last page before!

I've been remiss at logging - between work and the wrap of up v-ball season, I just haven't had time!

All is still great on the workout front - made some tweaks to diet this week that seem to be working and triggering the response I was looking for. Workouts are strong but this week I think is the week to mix them up. I am going to go back to an 8x8 program for a cycle. I really enjoyed that approach and felt some good responses from it.

Outside of that, daughter's vball team ended up 5th in the one weekend tourney and gold in the other one. Had our team dinner (official end of season) on Thursday night. Call me petty, but you'd think that more than just one dad would have just said a simple thank you to me for all the planning and organizing I did through the 8 month season? Why do people find it so hard to say a simple thank you? And, the kicker was that the 'team' wanted to pay for the coache's dinner (+her husband + ass't coach) and several families never paid me so I ended up footing a good portion of the bill

Needless to say, I will think twice about being a team manager in the future.

Hope everyone's workouts are going fabulously and you are enjoying life wherever you are living it

C C
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Team manager is a thankless job normally - we are pretty good in hockey to make sure at the end of season party that we get out manager something too. Usually gift cards but it truly is a tough job and no one wants to do it and that is one of the reasons why.

Glad things are going well. I'm trying to decide if I should change up a bit since I have more time now - do you have a specific 8x8 your running?
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks DM - yes, quite a thankless job - I have always thanked our kids' coaches and managers but now it will be a thank you with much better understanding

Life is crazy but crazy good if you know what I mean!

Workouts have been very good and I've been running a bit of an unstructured program (loosely around 8x8) for the last 2 weeks because I just haven't managed to sit on my butt and craft my next program. I shouldn't say 'craft' as I usually use a program as the spine of my program and just tweak it for the equipment I have available

I am going to say that I've been lifting very consistently now for 5 years but this year, my body has changed the most it likely even has (newb changes included). I think the permission I gave myself to not be afraid of the number of the scale (within reason, I am not going to waste time 'bulking' up only my fat levels) has allowed me to have some massive gains. My back and chest in particular are showing development I've not seen before. And this is making me fiercely happy

I firmly believe I needed this year to keep focused on growth. I am feeling the fire in my belly starting to grow again though and hubs and I already agreed that April/May of next year, I'll be back on stage ON A MISSION.

So, the plan is to keep plugging for the next few months, and then 2016, here we come!!!

Hope everyone is great. I have some fun pics I will post later but I hope you all have a great weekend

CC

I have a cold. I've not had a cold in almost 4 years. I think this one is making up for it.....I can't breath, I sound like I smoke about 3 packs of ciggies per day and once I start coughing, I just can't stop.

Enough of the whining, just wanted to say it

Workouts have been great until this last 2 days or so. I don't usually stop working out just because of a cold but something is telling me right now to just rest. So, I am listening.

Been running a program I found on this site called "get bigger". I am liking it but am finding it just too similar to other programs run in the past (arguably, very similar split/exercise selection to what my own trainer had been prescribing, just without her flare for super setting and different combos).

Was thinking - what (if anyone is reading) do you think about PHUL? I see a lot of gals having tried it and wonder if I may like going back to an upper/lower split vs. concentrated body part split routine?

Thoughts? anyone still reading? If not, I may post it in the training section to see if someone will weigh in (LOL, funny pun - didn't mean that - maybe the cold medicine is starting to work!!!)

CC

oh, and I've selected a show for next year already......April 9th it is

Wow - my journal was in last position on the last page - bad me!

Anyhoo, lifting hard. Hit a new PR in a few lifts so very happy with that Spoke with training team 2 weeks ago about my plans and they've given me a wonderful tweaked off season diet which I am enjoying very much (was nice to have a candid discussion with them about the absence of color/interest in the first plan they gave me).

Have become quite active on IG so forgive me for re-purposing posts here!

Not too much else new. Have been going to quite a few of the Pan Am games so that is uber fun and cool. So far, we've seen badminton (which, I must say, I now regard with much more respect), rowing and soccer. We'll be seeing another soccer game and ladies volleyball soon.

Lift hard,
    CC
    Last edited by Cardioconvert; 07-18-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Workouts lately have been insane and I am thrilled with how I feeling and looking.

Summer has been a great one - kids are happy and loving having time to do whatever they really want (only one camp this year). We went camping the week before last and that was great. Backyard was just finished and we are looking forward to some lovely meals / times out there

Other than that, nothing too new to report!

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun summer,

CC

Oh my!

Where did 2015 go!

My promise to myself is to get back onto the logging bandwagon in 2016 with much more regularity. My workouts are as always insane and all logged but I somehow never get to logging in here!

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a fit and happy 2016.

Your friend in iron,
    CC