Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1389
    Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    CC!!!

I was just thinking about you today was going to pester you on FB to see how you were doing.

I totally get what your thinking and the approach to be taken...but what if you don't need to be so specific on foods? What about a more IIFYM but with real foods, not junk would that help the situation. You have an amazing base and have laid a great foundation but taking a year off won't kill you either.

I think they always will stop being fun in those last stages but it has more to do with everything else going on not the working out part but I get ya! totally.

Either way we are here to support you in whatever route you choose.

PS
    I felt soooo bad for Banks there at the end it reminded me painfully of our "13th" man call
    Thanks DM. I am not sure if even a different methodology would lead to a different result. I actually have internal debate with myself about the diet approach and often challenge myself to try working with a different coach/approach. The sticking point is that, when I prep, I almost look forward to someone doing all the brain work - tell me what to eat, I will prep it / eat it. With everything going on (work, kids, life, workouts, etc), I almost look forward to not having to manage / hit macros.

We will see - the debate rages on in my mind and throughout the course of one day, I will flip my mind several times.

As of this moment, the 'winning' debater is the one saying - you feel you've made some decent gains this offseason, shred it up and see. Wait until the 11th hour to decide (effectively, I could wait until Feb 7th to start to prep with all the rigor). If I don't compete again in the spring, there will be another year. Or maybe not.

Objective over the Christmas period is to keep workouts strong and focused and make use of the lovely uplift in calories

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hitting some great volume and with some good weights in the workouts of late. Very pleased with the tiny changes I am seeing and while I've not shifted much weight (HAHAHA - diet since Grey Cup weekend has been, well, let's say, 'festive'), I am very pleased still with where I am at heading into the new year.

Objective in the next 10 days will be to stay flat on weight and the intensity and volume high on the workouts

Very stoked because my company budgeted some $$ to renovate our gym at work and I was asked for my 'wish list' (as the resident fitness fanatic). I got word this last week that all my suggestions were pursued and we will be getting a new universal (including pull up station), a new spin bike (currently have a dated recumbent), an ARC trainer (STOKED - my fav cardio equip), full kettle bell set and an additional flat bench (only have 1 currently). We'll retain the full DM Set (35lb to 100lb) the 2 TMs (they are actually in good shape and gym grade quality already) and the rowing machine (which I never use) plus the elliptical.

Going to be SWEET - I can hardly wait for it to be re-done I fully expect that this will generate more interest in the gym and I may have to learn to share!!! J/k - I love to see folks using the gym at work

Snapped some photos recently and I am pleased - as mentioned in my last post, I want to shred it up to see what is under the higher body fat I am carrying - even if I don't show this year, I am going to do a cut because now I am quite interested

Here I am at my gym at work (liking the definition I've kept in my legs but it is hard to capture in a selfie):

And here I am acting like a 14 year old boy flexing in front of a mirror:

I snapped few other shots and loaded them in my photos on body space but don't have the patience to embed them in here right now - gotta go and kill my leg workout!

CC

Well, I reached a decision - going to prep for the May 2nd show but this will be the last time I don the clear heels

I really admire folks who can integrate this into their lives and compete year in and year out for many years but I know that continuing to try to integrate it with the kids' activities, our social commitments, my crazy job and well, life in general, is just becoming too much and I never want to hit a point where workouts are not fun anymore and I'm not enjoying the journey.

I have enough 'eye of the tiger' in me to see myself thru another prep cycle and want to close this particular chapter in my fitness book the way I want to close it! I feel like if I stop now, it wasn't really planned but just the 'easy' way out. I want to hit the stage one last time and channel that diva who was just starting to appear last year. I want to shred it up and see what grew under that chub b/c I think there is very good growth in my back, shoulders and legs this year.

I want to finish my 'competing years' on a high and then lift weights until I have to lift them from a wheelchair

I will keep my journal active for my prep period but I kinda suck at posting regularly. I lurk more than I post but I am still here

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

CC

Finishing the year off Right :)

Booyah

Well, objective of remaining flat on the scale over the holidays appears to have been reached with success.

Logged a great shoulder workout today at the work gym and I did have a good shot of the accompanying pump taken - but I forgot my iPod at work.....it had better be there tomorrow upon my return or I am not going to be a happy camper. Will post later (assuming the cleaning staff don't take my iPod).

Workout details:

Seated DB Should Press
    w/up - 2x15@25
    working sets: 3x10@35

Lateral Raises
    3x15@17.5
    2x10@20

Bent-over Lateral Raises
    4 x 10@17.5

Seated Military Press machine
    15@40
    12@50
    10@60
    8@70
    15@40

Feeling good and strong. Had a great leg workout (glute focus) yesterday and I am sore today enough to not want to get on the TM so will wait till tomorrow.

Looking forward to logging 2 more great workouts in the next two days to close out 2014

Hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends.

CC

Just when I think I've reached a decision......I am doubting it again.

Going to just let January ride out and keep strong with workouts and good on food. Been on track since January 1 (pizza cheat last night was yummy though).

I said to my husband the other day, I just don't know if the fire is in my belly enough to prep. And if isn't there, well, it just isn't there.

I am loving working out right now. I am actually loving how I look at this weight and think a loss of 5 pounds would make me day in/ day out exactly the look I want. I am loving eating well but mindfully. I know 2015 is going to busy and stocked with lots of commitments already.

So why?

Not sure.

Not sure I am ready to answer either way until the end of January.

CC

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am with you girl! I think why bother but last years results make me want to try and get up there better than ever and hopefully get a top 10 placing then I have a chocolate bar to think about it

Legs look great, I hate how they look so amazing when you look down at them but then when you take a picture it just doesn't do it justice.

Hope you and the fam had a great holiday season.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

I am with you girl! I think why bother but last years results make me want to try and get up there better than ever and hopefully get a top 10 placing then I have a chocolate bar to think about it

Legs look great, I hate how they look so amazing when you look down at them but then when you take a picture it just doesn't do it justice.

Hope you and the fam had a great holiday season.
    Agreed - I think that is why I had so much fire in 2014 - I was seeking redemption. I feel like I got that and can walk away proudly at this point.

Some work and family stuff that we just learned about this weekend have basically put the final influence on the decision not to compete. I am ok with it. I am going to do a bit of a cut because I am very curious - plus we bought my husband another great lens for his uber fancy schmancy camera this year - he needs someone to take pictures of, right?

I hear you about the legs - plus I suck taking selfies - I just have a little BB and everything comes out blurry. So, further reason for hubs to take some good photos in the late spring / summer.

Bought a spin bike (that was the piece of equipment I had earmarked as my next investment for the basement) and it is scheduled to arrive sometime this week. I am super excited about that

CC

Crazy busy weekend with several social commitments for our daughter plus her birthday sleep over (she turns 13 today - how did I get so old?!?!?!?!) Got two good workouts in and hubs set up the new spin bike yesterday = rode it for about 20 minutes, all seems good so far

Lately, I seem obsessed with workout shirts having sayings on them - the cheesier, the better. They just opened a t-shirt store in one of malls that is just like a "Shirt Stop" (likely aging myself here as we've not had one of those stores in our part of Canada in about 25 years). At any rate, got this puppy there:

And managed to find a really cute one on the discount rack at Old Navy (yeah for $2 workout clothes ):

Eating has been good and with me deciding not to do a show, I am starting a cut with a different approach - pure focus on cals in / out vs. timed eating/prescribed eating methodology. We'll see how it goes - I do want to drop 8lbs and I am giving myself lots of time to do that. I still love my chicken and vegg (had eaten like that long before even stumbling on my training team) so it is still a staple in my fueling plan. But trying some new spins on the same old, same old. Here is one of my fav meals lately (protein powder, 1/2c oats, a few chocolate chips):

Looking forward to the next few weeks to seeing what is under some of the fluff!

CC

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    haha love the shirts. I like the cut on the sleeves fell off one.

Soooo just to catch up in my head, your doing Cals in/out approach this time as I am pretty sure the timed was your trainers approach right?

You have such a great internal strength when your working to a goal I know that 8 pounds will be easy.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking fantastic CC!!! Those shirts are awesome, hahaa!

Mmm, tasty oatmeal
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

haha love the shirts. I like the cut on the sleeves fell off one.

Soooo just to catch up in my head, your doing Cals in/out approach this time as I am pretty sure the timed was your trainers approach right?

You have such a great internal strength when your working to a goal I know that 8 pounds will be easy.
    Thanks DM - tied eating / food pairing was their gig, yes. I am, by nature, an eat every 3 hours gal but don't feel my world will fall on its side if I eat my avocado earlier in the day than prescribed LOL

Hoping so - was really good about food this week - but I am feeling the tightening without the shift on the scale so we'll see. I am targeting March 1st to be down at least 5lb then the other 3 or so by April 1st. Slow loss hopefully with minimal muscle loss as I am really happy with my back and shoulders right now and there is where I lose it first

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Looking fantastic CC!!! Those shirts are awesome, hahaa!

Mmm, tasty oatmeal
    Thanks Lori!

CC

So much going on, life is crazy busy with work, kids' stuff and DD's volleyball schedule - I am teetering on the edge of fitting everything in each day and right now, laundry is losing! I volunteered to be our daughter's team manager at the beginning of the season and I must say I am now begrudging that action. I never realized how difficult it is to try to arrange things (team dinners, etc) all while trying to make 13 team families happy! The families of our team are quite nice and don't complain (much) but I am getting really worn down by the whole thing. Hubs says it is more my personality because I internalize everything and take everything too seriously but, hey, I am who I am

Workouts have been strong and I remain pleased with the changes I've seen in the last few months. Snapped this brutally fuzzy shot on the weekend because I am very pleased with my upper chest development this season (and like how the development looks in some of my scoop neck tops):

Eating has been very good - I am really enjoying eating a variety of foods all while remaining very conscious of macros/total cals. Have seen a slight drop in the scale this week so I will keep up the approach and fine tune as I go along. Here was our family dinner on Sunday (customized Cobb Salads - complete with pre-order form (thanks to our daughter)):

And, of course, like anyone lunch packing family, the never ending pile of daily dishes:

Similar to laundry, dishes seem to reproduce while I am asleep

Kinda of a weird week also - our son (who is about to be 12) announced he has a girlfriend and wanted to shop for a teddy bear for her for Valentine's day. I know he is only 11 so 'girlfriend' is more aptly probably described as 'I am known to 'go out' with that girl but we don't talk at all' but, is it weird that I was sad when he announced that? He is my baby......

Being a mom - the hardest but most rewarding job ever!

CC

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those cobb salads look great, CC .........

and you look AMAZING!!!!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

wow. It has been a while since I posted. Was looking at my log last weekend and realized I hadn't taken a week off in 14 weeks. No wonder my old bod was starting to give me some tweaks and twinges. I last lifted on Saturday of last week and will pick it up again tomorrow. I've run a few times this week but that is about it. I am anxious to get back at it and find deloading a bit of a mind fuk (I get so antsy when I don't have my outlet).

Not much else to post but will be back in action tomorrow and I am feeling a bit more inspired to post more regularly.

CC

Pulled out a new program to try for the next 6 weeks and then I will likely return to a variation of a volume program. I had great results in the spring with that type of program so we shall see I am stoked to get back at it so that is always a good sign.

Been somewhat 'meh' when it comes to diet. Been good most days but the weekends are dragging me back to a net no change point. I had a stern talk with myself last night (which usually does the trick) as I do want to be a tad leaner for the spring / summer.

Spent a few nights last week looking at local races and will target one on the last weekend of April. Looking forward to racing that one very much. It is a 5km so I am already conditioned to do that with no issue - just I'd like to come home top 3 in my age group and so I need to start tweaking my cardio to get me there. Based on the past 5 years' records, I should be able to snag that placement (as long as a super fast 40-49 doesn't all of a sudden show up - which is entirely possible, who are we kidding?)

Volleyball is still all consuming. Football starts in a few weeks and hubs will be coaching flag which will be interesting. He will make a fabulous coach but I know he'll find the parents / politics the hardest. But, I guess that is why there are team managers....

I can't wait for it not to be so cold. I didn't really move with the weather (running wise) and it is so hard to just start running outdoors mid season if you've not moved with the change (at least I find this to be the case). But,man, even I am getting bored of running on the TM.

Take care all,

CC

Just finishing off the first week of this new program and I am LOVING it. Think this one is going to definitely be my guide for at least 6 weeks. I don't know that I'll be able to run it effectively for much more than that as the program is build around the concept of pre-exhausting the targeted muscle group and I am much more sore after each workout than I've been in a year or two .

Feeling beastly and it has been a while

Will post some details this week but off to do the last day of the week!

Have a great Sunday everyone

CC

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of program are you running?? I'm excited to hear more about it

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    What kind of program are you running?? I'm excited to hear more about it
    Yes, week #2 has been just as good - I haven't had much time to post this week but will post workouts for this upcoming week - I lifted the program from a BB published booked - I believe the program is called the "Value of Volume". I've tweaked a bit (to allow for my available equipment) but am following it quite closely. Back DOMS today is insane!

CC

It has been another crazy week at both home and work! Luckily, it sounds like Southern Ontario may see a break in the cold temps this week because we are all getting really, really tired of this! They closed our office early on Tuesday because of a freezing rain system. Now, everything is encased in a layer of ice on top of the snow - beautiful but, wow, I feel sorry for dogs and anyone who falls into a 'snow pile' - very sharp!

I've been having issues with my eyes being extremely dry - to the point where I can't put in / keep my contacts in. I've been using gel eye drops (particularly at night b/c that is when the problem is the worst) but I need to go see my eye doctor. My eyesight is very, very poor (-11 and -9.75 roughly) and I don't like wearing my glasses b/c I feel very vulnerable given the small size of the actual lens in my glasses - they can't get too big or they would be an inch thick! The biggest challenge is running - I am not used to the movement of the glasses (vs. contact) and I end most runs with almost a sense of motion sickness.

In doing brief research to try to remedy this, I can see three most frequently cited themes of 'explanation': (1) dehydration (my god, I cannot drink anymore than I do) (2) inadequate consumption of Omega 3 / good fats - I tend to always err on not hitting my fat macro so trying hard in this regard - temporarily increased my fish oil supplementation to see if that makes a difference (3) signs of hormonal changes (particularly in menopause). This last one ticked me off because I immediately thought - ****, I am getting to an age where everytime something happens (health wise), there is going to be this big catch basin of an excuse. My doc has already used this one on me. I hate broad strokes in explanations - it doesn't agree with my personality - so I should prepare myself for any interactions with members of the medical community on the go forward

I am liking how my body is responding to this mini cut. Really going to start dialing it in this week as hubs has booked a secret trip Snapped these after my Thursday back workout:

Have a great weekend!

CC

Looking great CC! You are dialled in by the looks of things.

Hope the weather breaks for you guys, we've been there done that however thus has been one of our warmest winters so I can't complain.

My mom hit menopause in her early 40's so I'm terrified I'm going to get it early too. For you eyes I wonder if it is because of how cold it's been? More artficial heat blowing in offices, dryer air outside etc whenever mine bug me I just lug around eye drops and put them in multiple times a day. I've had lasik and that can cause them to dry out easier so I usually have drops at my office for just in case times.

Looking great CC! You are dialled in by the looks of things.

Hope the weather breaks for you guys, we've been there done that however thus has been one of our warmest winters so I can't complain.

My mom hit menopause in her early 40's so I'm terrified I'm going to get it early too. For you eyes I wonder if it is because of how cold it's been? More artficial heat blowing in offices, dryer air outside etc whenever mine bug me I just lug around eye drops and put them in multiple times a day. I've had lasik and that can cause them to dry out easier so I usually have drops at my office for just in case times.
    Thanks DM, yes, things are responded as they should as per the changes to diet so I am happy with that - want to look good for the trip / summer but really need to keep cals reasonable to continue to see growth. I've not ruled out the stage for next year and am interested to see what I can do this year without an aggressive cut in the mix.

It may very well be the dryness - I am doing a bit better with the eyes as long as I keep up with the drops.

CC

Just finished chest and core workout and my chest is screaming even with typing - nice

Temps are in the positives today and I am going to get out for another run - 2 outside runs this week and only 1 one TM makes me happy

Have a great weekend everyone!

CC

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is inappropriate, but when this thread popped up on my screen, I read the title as 'CC - Office Chick with Dick'. I guess I've been Misc'n way too much.

Subscribed, by the way.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    This is inappropriate, but when this thread popped up on my screen, I read the title as 'CC - Office Chick with Dick'. I guess I've been Misc'n way too much.

Subscribed, by the way.
    LOL - no, can't say I have one of them

Welcome!

CC

Great week with some solid workouts. Spring is flirting with us in Southern Ontario and my spirits have been buoyed by the longer 'sunlight' during our days.

Awesome chest workout last night and feeling it today. Just fuelled up with an egg white breakfast burrito (Yum) and heading down to my gym to workout arms and core. Then we are doing a dump run! How sad is it that I am excited for us to go to the dump? Most of the past 8 weekends have been monopolized by v-ball games / tournies but we've been working on some projects around the house (which is good) in between. Problem is that the garbage created by said projects is piling up so now I am feeling claustrophobic in my own house!

Hope everyone is set to have a great weekend, regardless of how you plan on spending it!

CC

Well, ok mother nature, what the heck? Beautiful sunlight woke me up this morning as it filtered thru our blinds and I thought 'yippee - spring run!!!' NOT - it is -8 with a feels like temp of -15!!!! So, got up, had a nice mix of egg whites, chopped onion/peppers a bit of hot sauce and some goat cheese, two cups of coffee and then to the TM for 5km For such a short run, I am not putting on all the clothes I'd need to stay comfortable in this weather (wind is insane!!)

It is Sunday, so for us that means: laundry, errand running, food prep, chilling a bit and gearing up for Monday - probably like probably everyone else on these boards Today, I think a Costco trip is in order so should probably go bug hubs to get us going (the later you go, the more crazy it seems to be in my mind )

This week should be a good eating week with very few meetings / event booked which would require me to navigate/make decisions about food on the fly so I am going to enjoy getting some nice yummy meals ready this afternoon Meal prep, to me at least, is much more fun when I can prep certain basics for several consecutive days (chicken, sole, etc.) that way I know it won't go to waste if I make bigger 'batches'.

Enjoy Sunday and March Madness if that is on your chill time agenda today

CC

I'm loving the longer days as well makes you feel more alive after a work day! I wish it'd warm up though and all this snow would go away I'm sick of being cold and wearing winter boots.

Sounds like things are good in your world

Hey CC - did you get your dump run in? I can relate to the busyness of weekends.

We have been much luckier here in AB on the weather/temp wise but still would be nice to feel like winter is over as we got one of those 3" dumps yesterday. You know it won't stay long but darn it sucks to see white everywhere again.

Well, I am back - hubs had planned a nice surprise (well, I knew the date, just not the destination) get away and we've spent the last 7 days in beautiful sunny, relaxed Punta Cana, DR Had a fabulous time! It was perfect timing as my mom and dad took the kids on a cruise so that meant an adults away with no guilt experience!

Ate very well (one of the reasons I love the place we go to in the DR is they offer all different types of foods including good old fashion veggies/salad and nice meats). Made an epic mistake on day 2 though - went out for my morning run, got back and was dying of heat so, without thinking, took a good long drink.......then realized where I was Gosh I can be an idiot. Needless to say that starting about 12 hours later, I spent a considerable amount of time in the washroom and that lasted for about 4 days. Thankfully, I made sure to keep drinking (bottled water) and Gatorade - I did get a little dehydrated but nothing like some of the folks who we keep seeing getting picked up by the resort 'ambulance'.

Worked out a few times while there but wasn't stressed that I didn't get every workout in. Needed a break from everything and know that I am back with much more focus and energy than the last 2 months. This winter has kicked me a bit emotionally (feeling a bit house bound) and I need to make sure that next winter, I start running when the weather changes (which is what I normally do but didn't this year!) so I can adapt/run outside the whole winter. Amazing how much better I feel when getting outside for some fresh air

Hope everyone is well, looking forward to some good strong workouts in the upcoming weeks so I'll keep you posted.

CC

I hear ya! I love being outside. I am fortunate I have so many awesome places to walk on my lunch breaks. It makes such a difference to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise during the work week I love it. I miss it when I miss a day of walking/running (I often walk and then sprint up stairs, hills, etc.) Winter or no winter, I just wear my boots and snow pants! makes me so happy.

Ahhh, nice hot sunny weather...*drools* I am SO over winter. SO over it.