Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)

Anyone got experiences with couch to 5k program? Results?

I just realised I literally cannot run. I haven't even done the action of running in over 2 years (wtf).

As a man I feel it is necessary to run. I googled brginner routines and c25k came up.

I also have a swimming pool available to me as cardio ..... So what do you recommend I use?

I heard swimming gives a full body pump (?) and even heard reports of people gaining some muscle from swimming alone!
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did it about 5 years ago. It worked pretty much just like it says, if your set on running, I'd highly recommend it. I gave up on running all together because of knee and foot problems so jump rope is my jam now.
    "I'm bigger than you are, I'm higher the food chain." Fat bastard

"Friends don't let friends skip leg day!"

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zekehwheeler View Post
    I did it about 5 years ago. It worked pretty much just like it says, if your set on running, I'd highly recommend it. I gave up on running all together because of knee and foot problems so jump rope is my jam now.
    Thanks for the reply man!

Yeah that is my worry. To start my program, acheive my goal, and then lay off running out of laziness, injuries etc. Tbh running is not a huge part of my life right now and I do not want to ever be. I do not see the point in it, I am pretty similar in stats to you too, so maybe our builds are not suited to it long term?

I am not sure. I was thinking of doing incline walking for cardiovascular fitness and fat loss.....what is your opinion on that?

I was thinking also of alternating that with jump rope, so I am glad you mentioned that first. What kind of jump rope workout do you use?
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you weigh a lot (BMI greater than say 25) you may not have the best results with running as previous poster pointed out.
    Maybe start off at a few miles a week then add no more than 10% to that every week to assure you don't have knee problems.

OTOH, swimming is a great idea especially if you have high body fat like 25%+ as you will float very well.
    Floating well is great for starting off swimming. You'll burn less calories swimming at the same speed (when you're first starting), but you'll be able to swim faster more easily.

I would also recommend using a stairmaster while trying to get your knees ready to run. It will strengthen your knee joints without the impact of running.

**edit
    if you have a relatively low BMI, go ahead and run running is bar none the best cardio you can do as a human.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what have you done up till now cardio wise.i weigh about 225 at the moment and try to keep active with different forms of cardio,altho i dont always run.
    when i do get a mind to run a 5k a couple three times a year,it doesnt take me long to get up to 3 miles.
    if you dont have anything planned time wise,just take small bit extra each time you go out until you get to doing 2 miles.no need to injure yourself by rushing it.
    asthmatic dumbass crew
    shop smart shop s mart
    i said all the words,mostly.
    member of the crew member crew.

Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zekehwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Absolutely, I was about 30lbs lighter when I did the program. The heavier I get the worse running feel mechanically. I do a lot of incline walking, its my favorite if your doing cardio right after you lift. I mix it up with my jumprope routine, i like to do little circuits tho. Like 60 seconds jumping, 60 seconds of box jumps, 60 seconds rest. Sometimes I'll do short sprints (which are not pretty), or planks instead of the box jumps. Its the only cardio that comes close to the feeling of going for a 3 mile run IMO.

Swimming is supposed to be good too I've never tried it for cardio. Being virtually impact free I'm sure its a good idea for the higher BMI folks
    "I'm bigger than you are, I'm higher the food chain." Fat bastard

"Friends don't let friends skip leg day!"