Registered User BulimicCannibal's Avatar
    BulimicCannibal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Captains of crush grip trainer help

My captains of crush trainer arrived yesterday and I was really struggling to close it, I perhaps managed it once or twice after
    numerous attempts. Today for whatever reason I can close it much more consistently, I doubt I would have got a grip
    strength increase this quickly so I'm assuming I was just having a bad day yesterday.

For someone who can barely close the trainer, how quickly do you think it will take me to progress to a number 1? And is
    using the Captains of crush gripper everyday detrimental?

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BulimicCannibal View Post
    My captains of crush trainer arrived yesterday and I was really struggling to close it, I perhaps managed it once or twice after
    numerous attempts. Today for whatever reason I can close it much more consistently, I doubt I would have got a grip
    strength increase this quickly so I'm assuming I was just having a bad day yesterday.

For someone who can barely close the trainer, how quickly do you think it will take me to progress to a number 1? And is
    I would think that like any other movement that taxes the muscles, the muscles in your fore arm would also need time to recover.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hey I was on the same boat as your. I was barely able to close the trainer.
    - After a week I was able to close the T for reps (6-8)
    - After 3 weeks I was able to close the #1 for 1 rep
    - After 5 weeks (now) I can close the #1 for 5 reps
    (all on right hand ^^)

Grip strength increases very quickly, it is also possible what j1akey said.

I hope that give you a good layout of progress.

Good luck!
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]

Registered User BulimicCannibal's Avatar
    BulimicCannibal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BurninGoo View Post
    Hey I was on the same boat as your. I was barely able to close the trainer.
    - After a week I was able to close the T for reps (6-8)
    - After 3 weeks I was able to close the #1 for 1 rep
    - After 5 weeks (now) I can close the #1 for 5 reps
    (all on right hand ^^)

Grip strength increases very quickly, it is also possible what j1akey said.

I hope that give you a good layout of progress.

Good luck!
    You were completely right, I noticed an improvement really swiftly. I can close it for about 15 reps now,
    do you think thats enough to attempt the #1?

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You were completely right, I noticed an improvement really swiftly. I can close it for about 15 reps now,
    do you think thats enough to attempt the #1?

I'd bet you could get the #1 for at least one rep now. You might try the .5 first so you can have one that will give you some work in the 6-8 rep range.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation Timed holds for grip strength

You were completely right, I noticed an improvement really swiftly. I can close it for about 15 reps now, do you think thats enough to attempt the #1?
    Try this: close your gripper and hold it for TIME. Yeah, hold it closed for as long as you can. When it starts to open up... fight it! Fight it out as long as possible. Then, switch hands and do the same for your other hand. When I work with my grippers, it's usually for timed holds as opposed to reps (which don't prove anything IMHO). Good luck on your grip training, let us know how it's going.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the COC T and #1... If you can close the T for 15 reps you should be able to close the #1 for a couple...
    USMC '04-'08

"Milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer" Arnold

Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With the lower weight ones, the strength went up quick. I got a trainer and could close it 1-2 times when I got it. I worked up to 3 sets of 5 reps 3 days a week for a couple months before I got more grippers. I could close the number 1 a couple times when I got it.

Getting to close the 1.5 took longer, and to date, I've only been able to close the number 2 once. I also noticed that I started getting finger/wrist pain until I got the expand your hand bands (basically big rubber bands) and used them between my sets of gripper work. I also hold for time, using a sheet of paper, or hand towel between the gripper ends, to force me to keep it 100% closed.

Since I started working on my grip, I've gone from being able to hold 235lbs double overhand (deadlift), to 315.
    I Rep Highland Games Competitors