jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

so just how do you deadlift?

following more lower back strain doing deads ive spent my easy week off looking for a definitive guide to deads. im out of luck!!

i get a complete pile of antipodal pieces of technique!!

hips low, hips high

hips driven back towards the wall behind,hips close to bar

leg drive,no leg drive(its not a squat)

shoulders in front of bar,shoulders behind bar

head up head neutral
    etc

so can some of the big dead lifters here post how they lift?

i want to mimic bolton (who says in his latest email to get hips just low enough to arch lower bacK) or magnusson.

so im thinking:

hips not too low,upper back not parallel to floor but at an angle between upright and parallel. so ass not stuck to far back behind bar.

push through the feet to get bar to knee high. doing this im thinking my upper body angle remains the same, so lower back has done no work upto this point but legs have straightened a little and hips little higher.

when bar at knee height,start getting the lower back upright,by forcing the hips forward,squeezing the glute.

finish move with legs , hips and lower back all reaching finishing position at same time.

now this is how im imagining the lift going. how far away am i from a good mental picture of the lift?

how would the big lifters describe their lifts in stages if they were to visualise the lift?

all these set up videos are ok,but i need to be told how to perform the lift as i describe above. once they get the set-up they just lift the bar. sometimes get a push the floor away from you with your feet comment,but what does this mean? how does that feel,what muscles do the work? is it how im thimking and upper body does zilch while legs start weight moving? or does the lower back start cranking up at the bottom of the lift too?

i try to study bolton's videos but he is just to quick! its just gran then he is standing up. much like the only true powerlifter ive seen in my gym. he just looked as if he done nothing but was standing there with 300kg in his hands!

many thanks for any thoughts on how you visualise this lift.

jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it just me having trouble with the edit and quote function? when i try to my cursor just keeps going to the top of the post?!!

anyway for an example have a look at bolton at

at 8.14

when he lifts it looks like the angle his upper body remains the same until he reaches his knees with bar. the hips rise but dont come forward until knees reached. so is this part all legs/glutes?

IronAsylumPL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

once again, a nive video but after the set up everthing happens to quick to see. it looks like he strarts with more leg bend than andy B,and upper back closer to parallel to floor.

are the legs doing the work at the bottom? does the lower back do no moving unti lbar reaches knee? does trhe lower back not move weight alone like a good morning but is helped by the hip thrust and legs still straightening,so back nevers moves weight on its own?

i know probably silly questions but i cant tell these things from the videos, i need a description of how people pull,what moves,what doesnt etc.

831local has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Butt down, head up, back arched.

weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) weppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I practiced deadlifts for 5weeks every friday in the gym with my bud. Sometimes no weight at all, and sometimes VERY low weight, just to feel the muscles work. We tried to help each other get a nice form, and it did not take long before we actually loved doing it. I try to felel my muscles work as much as possible, and ofc not arch my back or make it look like a squat etc.
    What I'm saying is that, when i started DLs, I did not look for guides that correct everything in detail, I just took it damn slow and learned how it should feel when lifting it good.

Today, I have a good form, never had any pain or so on.. god knows how this will turn out when I start to pull those heavy azz weights though :O
    <Anxiety Crew>

Bodybuilding motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBZCr0EuhY

davo518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davo518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davo518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davo518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You pick the bar up,then you put it back down.

NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by davo518 View Post
    You pick the bar up,then you put it back down.

bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000)

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NeverLifted View Post
    Whenever I see people lifting as badly as that, with that many plates on the bar, I always wonder how anyone with half decent technique can injure themselves.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Always room for improvement but, here's how I do it (skip to 30):

Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    different people are gonna pull different ways.

bend over and pick up the bar and see what works for you.
    different stances, different grips, different leverages. it all depends on your body.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bmontgomery87;
    bend over and pick up the bar.
    You just outlined my entire strategy.

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Whenever I see people lifting as badly as that, with that many plates on the bar, I always wonder how anyone with half decent technique can injure themselves.
    Usually is a case of "not enough part for the work or too much work for the part". That hand job in that video most likely never "overtrains".