Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Slight fever & sore throat: to train, or to not train?

Yesterday I went to the gym coughing on the way, with just a slight headache, because I didn't want to skip a day. The workout was mediocre and I felt even worse afterwards.

Today, I should've gone normally, but decided to stay at home, since I believe working out while sick only prolongs it, and I doubt you can make great progress, anyway(?).

So today, I was mad all day and felt like destroying things at home because I had never missed a workout before - 100 percent consistent until this day.
    Hopefully, tomorrow I will be fine as I didn't work out today, if not, I'm going to be mad as hell and go train anyway.

So, the question is: how okay is it to work out when you're sick? Consequences? Cheers.

Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hubert007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just work through it the work outs are **** and I feel like I can't do as much but atleast I don't feel like I wasted a day but just make sure you mind the people in the gym and go when its not busy and there is bearly any people in the gym as its not fair on them..

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For me, it depends on how bad my fever is. If it's a slight fever; just a warm body but not energy-draining, workout will actually make me feel a lot better .

If it's worse, I would try to workout anyway, but I won't do as good as I can though. As far as my fever goes, doing workout never prolongs it, probably because it's not an injury.
    [Watdo?] - Want (''should'' for you naggers) bulk.

Serving true tea for weight-losers
    Literally die during squat
    Home gym-er
    Inadequate/improper lifting equipment
    Pop music sucker \m/

Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Illumination has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hubert007 View Post
    I just work through it the work outs are **** and I feel like I can't do as much but atleast I don't feel like I wasted a day but just make sure you mind the people in the gym and go when its not busy and there is bearly any people in the gym as its not fair on them..
    But can you even make progress when sick? Isn't the body busy cleaning off the infection, when you're trying to build it up?

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    Yesterday I went to the gym coughing on the way, with just a slight headache, because I didn't want to skip a day. The workout was mediocre and I felt even worse afterwards.

Today, I should've gone normally, but decided to stay at home, since I believe working out while sick only prolongs it, and I doubt you can make great progress, anyway(?).

So today, I was mad all day and felt like destroying things at home because I had never missed a workout before - 100 percent consistent until this day.
    Hopefully, tomorrow I will be fine as I didn't work out today, if not, I'm going to be mad as hell and go train anyway.

So, the question is: how okay is it to work out when you're sick? Consequences? Cheers.
    If you have fever, I'd say...stay home. Also, if you are sneezing/coughing...you will make everybody else sick. This is pretty unrespectful.

Consequences of working out while being sick is a shitty work out. Your energy level is low, you are fatigued, your hormones level are ****ed up...chances are you had poor sleep and poor nutrition. What is the point to go to the gym if you are 99% sure to have poor performance?

Also, your body is busy to eliminate the virus, your recovery wont be good.

A light work out (some cardio, light weight, stretching, etc.) can be good though. It is not grueling and it can boost your metabolism. You will feel better after and I heard it helps to fight virus better. But keep it really easy.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aceraps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Suck it up brah and go to the gym. I go whether or not I'm tired, sick, or have a fever.

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No point in working out while sick.

Your body is telling you something, by it being sick.

It is trying to fight an infection inside.

Your body needs rest, proper nutrition, warm fluids, etc.

Take the day off, no biggy. You are doing your body a favor by doing this.

Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    If you have fever, I'd say...stay home. Also, if you are sneezing/coughing...you will make everybody else sick. This is pretty unrespectful.

Consequences of working out while being sick is a shitty work out. Your energy level is low, you are fatigued, your hormones level are ****ed up...chances are you had poor sleep and poor nutrition. What is the point to go to the gym if you are 99% sure to have poor performance?

Also, your body is busy to eliminate the virus, your recovery wont be good.

A light work out (some cardio, light weight, stretching, etc.) can be good though. It is not grueling and it can boost your metabolism. You will feel better after and I heard it helps to fight virus better. But keep it really easy.
    That's some nice information. Guess I made a good decision today.

Originally Posted by aceraps View Post
    Suck it up brah and go to the gym. I go whether or not I'm tired, sick, or have a fever.
    That's fantastic and badass, but I wouldn't train if it had negative effects.

macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rule of thumb is if you are running a fever, don't do much at all, instead chill out and try and take in food. Your body is directing it's attention elsewhere right now.
    KG > LBS