ludemasta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

not all weights are made equal??

a buddy of mine has his own olympic weight set in his basement so couple of times I did flat bench with his equipment and I was able to puch more reps than I did at the gym I normally pump at with the same amount of weights...feels like as if his weights are a bit lighter than ones at my gym ....is that possible!??! I mean he has the olympic bar and plates as well except the bench is different than ones at the gym.

AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50) AttilaTheHun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they should be the exact same weight as what it says on em... maybe its just you were not trying to show off when u were at his house, the surrounding was different so u could concentrate more or something

henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    plates can vary in weight by quite abit,ive seen 35 #hex db go from 31# to 37#,,i take a digital fish scale with me when i buy my plates

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you want extreme accuracy, then you usually have to pay for it; the 0.40 per lb plates are not as nuts-on as the much more pricey Eleiko plates. That goes for measuring devices as well, i.e. the $10 bathroom scale or the multi-thousand $$$ "legal-for-trade" balance with 300 lb capacity and +- 0.5 oz. accuracy.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

kenG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by henry
    plates can vary in weight by quite abit,ive seen 35 #hex db go from 31# to 37#,,i take a digital fish scale with me when i buy my plates

You might want to buy your db's from somewhere else. I've never seen or heard of that much of a difference before.

kenG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    If you want extreme accuracy, then you usually have to pay for it; the 0.40 per lb plates are not as nuts-on as the much more pricey Eleiko plates. That goes for measuring devices as well, i.e. the $10 bathroom scale or the multi-thousand $$$ "legal-for-trade" balance with 300 lb capacity and +- 0.5 oz. accuracy.

Exactly true.......and IMO paying more for maybe a half pound difference is a total waste.

On a side note, I just pulled a few pairs of my hex db's off the rack and weighed them on a bathroom type scale. All of them appear to be accurate.

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    they can vary a bit, but the should not vary alot if they do i should not buy weights anymore at the store your buying them

Wildcat33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have two different brands of Olympic 45 lb plates in my home gym. Was curious one time as to how close they were to 45 lbs, so I weighed the plates. The older plates weighed 47 lbs a piece, while the new ones were right at 45 lbs. So there is definitely some variation in uncalibrated plates.