thomasalan53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Advice for a Program to build ripped muscle tone for somewhat beginner

I recently bought p90x2 to get ripped before summer and now after week 2 I’m sending it back for a refund because it doesn’t fit my needs. I am 5’9” 140 pounds and 19 years old. Athletic but skinny with not much muscle tone will add pictures of non-flex and flex. So now after advice from the forum to hit the gym and bulk I need workout routine advice I have searched and found help but need advice from some experience to tell me a little better fit for me. I’m going to post what another post suggested for beginners but with my goals being to really get a ripped figure and nice tone lean body would like a little fine tuning advice.
    A simple 3 day routine. Each bodypart once per week. Each exercise 2-4 sets, reps 5-8.

Back/Bis

Deadlifts
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

Chest/Tris

Bench
    DB or Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

Legs/Shoulders

Squat
    GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
    Military Press
    Calf Work

A rotation that hits each bodypart once every 4-5 days.

Squat 2-3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8
    BB Row 4 x 6
    Bicep Iso 2 x 10

Bench Press 3 x 5
    Dips 3 x 8
    Side Laterals 3 x 10
    Tricep Iso 2 x 10

Deadlift 3 x 5
    Leg Press 2 x 10 or 1 x 20
    Pullups 20-40 reps
    Bicep Iso 2 x 10

DB or Incline Bench 3 x 5
    Flyes 3 x 8-12
    OH Press 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Iso 2 x 10

Workout on Mon/Wed/Fri/Mon and alternate workouts 1/2/3/4 etc...

Another rotation that hits each bodypart once every 4-5 days but using a little more volume.

Squats 3 x 5, 1 x 10
    Ham Work 3 x 8-10
    Pullups 20-40 reps
    BB Rows 4 x 6
    Curls 2 x 10

DB or Incline Bench 2 x 5, 2 x 8
    Dips 2 x 8
    DB OH Press 3 x 8
    Side Laterals 2 x 10
    Skulls 2 x 10

Deadlifts 2-3 x 5
    Chins 20-40 reps
    DB Rows 3 x 8
    Curls 2 x 10

Bench Press 2 x 5, 2 x 8
    DB Flyes 2 x 8-12
    Military Press 3 x 8
    Side Laterals 2 x 10
    Skulls 2 x 10

Workout on Mon/Wed/Fri/Mon and alternate workouts 1/2/3/4 etc...

A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week.

Day 1

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Work: 8 reps
    3x BB or DB Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
    2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4

4x DB or Incline Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps
    2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: On
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: On
    Day 7: Off

A simple 4 day upper/lower.

Mon.

Squat 2-3 x 5
    Ham Work 3 x 10
    Calves 3 x 15
    Abs 2 x 10

Wed.

Bench Press 3 x 5
    BB or DB Row 3 x 6, 1 x 15
    OH Press 3 x 8
    Arms -Tri/Bi - each 3 x 8-10

Fri.

Deadlift Variant 2-3 x 5
    Calves 3 x 15
    Abs 2 x 10

Sun.

Incline bench 3 x 10-15
    Pullups 20-40 reps
    Dips 2 x 8-12
    Lateral Raise 3 x 8-10

Should I follow one of these and if so which one? Like I said before I obviously want to get stronger but more so want the look and I know both are hand in hand but I want a program that gets results fast with big gains. I can handle intense that’s what I like. Not bragging at all but example this Dec with no training at all I up and ran the St Jude half marathon in 2:13:59 and would have been faster but stayed with my mom when she took bathroom breaks and stopped for water breaks, next year going to train and goal is to get it in under 1:40:00.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You didn't need to cut and past the whole sticky, we've all seen it.

That said I would look up either All pros simple beginner routine or Starting Strength. You have to have muscles before you can look ripped. Build them first.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

thomasalan53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    You didn't need to cut and past the whole sticky, we've all seen it.

That said I would look up either All pros simple beginner routine or Starting Strength. You have to have muscles before you can look ripped. Build them first.
    Yeah sorry about that I just thought it would be easy reference to have it on the post. And no shot at you but im not dumb I know I ave to get muscle 1st thats where I am asking for the advice on which program I should follow and here are pictures of me now non-flex and flex.
    Attached Images

Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommyobrien will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As Wildtim said, SS would be a good place to start...if you start lifting weights just to gain mass, you're not going to be strong enough initially to experience those gains you want

tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim78861 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive been having success, seeing gains and working with this routine if you're into the FBW approach. Allpros works as well but this is a weight progression of 2.5lbs to the bar every session. Everything is 2x12 and after 2 weeks I will be training in the 9 rep range. Here it is
    Pullups - compression set of 20 reps
    Squats
    Bench
    Romanian Deadlift
    Overhead Press (standing)
    Curls
    Dips(weighted)
    Standing calf
    Rack Chins-1 to fail
    So about 17 sets a workout. You test your 12 rep max and start at 80% of it so by the first two weeks you are at your true max. Focus on form most importantly of course. But honestly I would go with Allpro's or SS depending on your goals. Your goals seem more suited toward a fullbody workout(allpros) as my goal is similar. Good luck.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go with starting strength.