Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Friends Who Ignore Your Advice.

Everyone has one of those friends who starts lifting and doesn't know how to train and diet properly, Also doesn't think they need to do research.

- Friend of mine lifts
    - Doesn't know how to diet or train properly
    - Only trains chest, arms and abs, Hes been lifting for almost six months
    - Friend believes hes not big yet because haven't been taking protein shakes LOOOL
    - Friend tells me that he found a protein shake that will get you ripped and build muscle
    - I tell him that a protein shake is not magic, It won't help you if your diet is not on point. Its a waste of money
    - Friend looks at me like -_____-
    - Friend says that I don't know what am talking about and says that the protein shake will help him get ripped just in time for summer

He doesn't want to listen to me so am just going to let him buy it and get srsly disappointed.

Do you guys have friends who would flat out ignore your advice?
    Last edited by iBeLifting1; 02-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    "How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" -Jason Bishop

DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If he's not getting his daily protein, a protein shake WILL help. But it won't solve all his problems.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I have friends that dont listen and go much too heavy, while sacrificing form. I have friends who dont give a **** about nutrition. I have friends that dont train legs.

So, I have started letting them do their own thing.
    Misc Cologne Crew

DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DetroitSpirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Yes, I have friends that dont listen and go much too heavy, while sacrificing form. I have friends who dont give a **** about nutrition. I have friends that dont train legs.

So, I have started letting them do their own thing.
    Pretty much what you have to do. You have to ask yourself, if their not going to take the advice I give them, why bother trying to help them again. If they realize they were wrong and come back for the advice, then you've succeeded in what needed to be done.

bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have friends that refuse to squat or work there legs period. I have one friend that I told needs to eat more calories to get bigger and he said thats retarded.

Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DetroitSpirit View Post
    Pretty much what you have to do. You have to ask yourself, if their not going to take the advice I give them, why bother trying to help them again. If they realize they were wrong and come back for the advice, then you've succeeded in what needed to be done.
    Yes, and this is what I have been doing.

iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iBeLifting1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DetroitSpirit View Post
    I can't tell you the amount of times i've told my friend to train legs, don't buy protein shakes there a waste of money because your diet is not on point, do research, If its too heavy lower the weight and practice form with light weights but doesn't listen to me.

I'm just gonna let him do whatever he wants, I can't wait till he buys that protein shake, takes it and doesn't lose even lose a lb of fat and doesn't gain about a lb of muscle.

I laughed in his face the otherday when he said he gains an inch on his arms every month... and he keeps wearing this tight shirt thinking he looks SWOL LOOL

brianxsuh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    got a friend benching everyday because he wants to get cut for summer and another guy in my school saying lateral raises is a lat workout

Originally Posted by brianxsuh View Post
    got a friend benching everyday because he wants to get cut for summer and another guy in my school saying lateral raises is a lat workout
    Lol.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What gives you the right to be giving anyone advice?

Did they personally ask for your advice?

Now i know people train incorrectly, and alot of people know very little about nutrition, weightlifting,etc.

Here is what you do:

You do your own thing. And if your friend, says "Hey can you give me some advice"

Then you give the advice.

Do not go up to every single person and try to give them advice.

If people want advice they will ask for it.

Originally Posted by brianxsuh View Post
    another guy in my school saying lateral raises is a lat workout
    WHAT?!?!

A guy in my college said to me he doesn't need to workout his legs because he walks alot. I don't understand why beginner never want to do research.

Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post

Now i know people train incorrectly, and alot of people know very little about nutrition, weightlifting,etc.

Here is what you do:

You do your own thing. And if your friend, says "Hey can you give me some advice"

He didn't ask for my advice personally but he is a friend so am going to give it to him anyway. If he doesn't listen the first time than I won't bother give him advice again.

brianxsuh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post

Here is what you do:

I agree but when they question what your doing and you tell them what your doing and they laugh and tell u your doing it wrong

for example, I'm benching and minding my own buisness when my friend questions why im benching if i did back/bi the day before. I told him that bench does not work out bi's and he chuckled and says whatever you say man.

progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) progress82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iBeLifting1 View Post
    Everyone has one of those friends who starts lifting and doesn't know how to train and diet properly, Also doesn't think they need to do research.

- Friend of mine has been lifting for a year
    - Friend believes hes not big yet because haven't been taking protein shakes LOOOL
    - Friend tells me that he found a protein shake that will get you ripped and build muscle
    - I tell him that a protein shake is not magic, It won't help you if your diet is not on point. Its a waste of money
    - Friend says that I don't know what am talking about and says that the protein shake will help him get ripped just in time for summer

He doesn't want to listen to me so am just going to let him buy it and get srsly disappointed.

let them do what they want bro.

all that matters is you improve and you know what your doing is right.

If they dont want to take it seriously =, its their loss. ive just had too many of these situations that now its just "whatever...do what you want"
    Sooner or later, he may mature as a bodybuilder and understand what hes doing is wring and he may learn how to eat properly etc..
    Dont feel bad for him OP, just leave him
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★

*remember to train your muscles not your ego!!!

******I ALWAYS rep back... aslong as you rep me. **************

Negs for: MeanChad

GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymFinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I give em advice one time...they shrug. So I let em do their own thing

Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bprime23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a friend and cousin like this, I tell them to do more research and read up about how to do things, I also give them my input they toss it out the window because they are both bigger then me. Bigger means fatter in this case. I just give my .02 and they can take it or leave it while. Its all you can do.

dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dstat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a friend like that too bro. He does full body workouts in the gym 5 times a week but the excersizes consist of mostly chest, biceps and abs. The kid is a ****ing idiot. My advice is too continue doing your thing and as you continue to get great gains your friends will admire your physique and start taking your advice. Even if your advice is on point, if you dont look like you lift your friends arent going to follow you

RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RockyStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have one that thinks I'm going to lose all my muscle when I cut. This is the same one that thinks diet is a little factor, and that starting out weight training with a cut on Starting Strength is a good idea (he is literally an ectomorph now). Facepalming doesn't begin to describe his thoughts. He wants abs, and I tried telling him that his abs will only grow bigger after bulking, then cutting, but nah apparently he can make them grow into rock hard abs by cutting straight off

Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000) Shkimabobs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why do you even bother talking to them? An easy way to shut them is to give them a bertstare whenever they start talking, then give out a loud sigh and walk away.

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    none of my friends train legs
    most of them just sit on a machine and do really light weight for like 20 mins, then do really light db curls for 20mins
    i tell them that its pretty useless and they should go heavier with less reps but they just say that they want endurance..

Originally Posted by Shkimabobs View Post
    Why do you even bother talking to them? An easy way to shut them is to give them a bertstare whenever they start talking, then give out a loud sigh and walk away.
    I don't bother giving him advice anymore, He doesn't want to listen, I'm just gonna let him do whatever he wants to do.

Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pittsburghh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iBeLifting1 View Post

- Friend of mine lifts

this is like everyone i know who goes to the gym. they all think protein = muscle gain and training abs = six pack

apart from my younger brother, i at least managed to educate him

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tons of people ignore my advice.
    IDGAF anymore, they can do whatever the phuck they want to.

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    literally the whole of my college is clueless as ****

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I get questions here and there, I give them decent info, but they never end up putting it into practice (even if they agree with what I say).

At the end of the day I make progress, they don't. I just make them realize that it is because they are lazy.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10) rednaxula is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have friends the same but I don't try and force advice on them, I've just corrected them when they were wrong, which they've probably ignored. I'm not exactly pro myself, but I research into **** so I know what I'm doing.

I've got one guy in my class who works out with some one we went to school with. I found out their workout was 2x per week, and a 2.5 hour gym sesh. I kid you not, these kids workout for 2.5 hours shoving in as many exercises as they can.

Oh and dietwise, the guy in my class just eats as much as he can, but since he found out about protein now he'll just eat any meat claiming it's good because it's packed full of protein. I've been with him in subway and he's ordered a sub to get dat protein, I look and see there's at least 30g of fat in it. He's gained like 20lb of weight in 2 months after being a skinny fuark and thinks he's gonna be hench soon.

I've just left him to it now, he'll realize his mistakes when it's too late but by then I hope he'll see sense.

Sanitsugua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol excatly, my friend is bigger than me(by fat %) but he's doing everything wrong and bad form.. when I give him advice how to do correctly a excersize he just laughs and says he knows how to do it.. that pisses me off srsly.

Originally Posted by rednaxula View Post
    2x per week, and a 2.5 hour gym sesh. I kid you not, these kids workout for 2.5 hours shoving in as many exercises as they can.
    Overtraining much?

maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maverickcrash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bro i know exactly what you're saying. I'm pretty much a personal trainer for one of my friends and he still takes it for granted, comes 20 minutes late every single workout. Once i told him that i'm going to find a new workout partner he got his **** together.
    Insta @maverickc

Follow my journey

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

"You miss every shot you don't take" - Michael Jordan

Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have friends (actually wouldn't call them friends, more like *******s i have to deal with on a daily basis)

that say they bench and squat 250 and 400 yet they do half reps

annoying as phuck
    Have a good day, fellow miscer.