Lyra1389 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just started Jamie Eason's 12 week program--HELP!!!

Hey everyone! So I just started Jamie Eason's 12 week program. I'm 5'3", 113, and have no muscle whatsoever. I'm on week 3 of the program and so far I like it, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide tips for me about a few things:
    1. I'm in college and I work, so sometimes staying on top of the nutrition plan is really difficult (and expensive). What's a good way to manage the diet on a budget/time shortage?
    2. So I'm on week 3, and I just did shoulders today. But I'm still only doing 5 lbs for my dumbbell lat raises/front raises. I feel like I should be progressing more than this. Should I push harder or is this normal?
    3. How do you all recommend improving form? My boyfriend is a bodybuilder and keeps telling me my form is terrible but I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not familiar with Jamie Eason's 12 wks program, but here's my advice:

1) In terms of nutrition, you need to figure out the total number of calories you need..you can use the stickies to figure it out. At your stats, aim roughly for 120 grams of protein and 50-60 grams of fat, fill the rest with carbs. Keep track of your calories and eat whatever you want within those calories. I'm not a fan of diets that tell you what and when to eat..I only eat foods that I like. You can eat very well on a budget ..old fashioned rolled oats in bulk are dirt cheap, more nutritious than instant oats and a great source of carbs, peanut butter for fat, tuna for protein, etc.

2) Shoulders are comprised of fairly small muscles, it's normal to start with lower weights. I think I started with 5lbs as well, it will go up in time. It is also variable on the individual, so don't compare yourself with others and their numbers. Like any other exercise, depending on the program you're following, if you can do more than the number of reps you should increase the weights. Let's say in a 8-10 rep range, if you can get 13 reps, then the weight is too light. In the same range, you should start struggling around the 5-6 rep, and reach failure on the 10th. Always push yourself during any exercise.

3) If your boyfriend is a bodybuilder, instead of just telling you how bad your form is, perhaps he can show you the proper one. Any exercise can be learned, this is weight lifting, not rocket science For the ones you have trouble with, you can also watch videos online and even take videos and post them so that others can correct your form. It might also be helpful to hire a PT to show you proper form. Reading and doing a lot of research online has worked well for me. Your mileage might vary.

drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100) drstilldc is not very well liked. (-100)
    This helped me a lot reading through this stuff here.

drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvn2succeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Lyra,
    Congrats on your journey! Here is a very active LiveFit body group, you will get much support and answers to your questions:
    Oats, egg whites, tuna, fresh broccoli for example- are all relatively inexepensive considering how long they last. Protein powder goes a long way for meal replacements when needed.

In Jamie's program, you actually in the first phase, shouldn't be doing more than 80% of what your max lift is, so don't let the specific weight "weigh" you down. With every session, I've watched the videos a couple times (as many years as I have done weight training over the years, I forget sometimes), those pages are pretty specific in the videos and instructions, good reference.

Best of luck in school and your journey! - JJ
    JJ
    -"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill