Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    buddy you're overtrained! you're dehydrated is the first thing that comes to my mind when you say you get a headache after a few sets. take rest. get in ots of water, sleep, and food, and dont eat fatty meals before your workout like hot dogs and burgers, those kind of foods are not easily digested and your body releases an insulin spike that makes you tired. kindof like what thanks giving dinner does because you ate so much. have a healthy meal like chicken and rice, fruits for a prewrokout meal and a pre workout shake. you can find further details on this in the nutrition forums and supplement forums. also wait an hour before training instead of 30mins that'll help you. but aside from that everything you say is basically saying your overtrained.
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I wouldn't say "overtrained" in the truest sense but overworked each session yes. Were I you I would go with something like all pros but....

Lets see if I can improve your workout a bit with a few tweaks:

Originally Posted by adambannon View Post

Workout 1

Flat Bench Presses - 10-12 Reps
    Incline Flyes - 10-12 Reps just get rid of these
    Chins - 10-12 Reps
    One-Arm Rows - 10-12 Reps I'd rather see a real barbell row here or better yet a deadlift
    Standing Barbells Curls - 10-12 Reps
    Concentration Curls - 10-12 Reps ditch these as well
    Cut all of the above to 8-10 reps Or do a four week cycle (week one 8, week two 9, weeks three and four 10)
    Crunches - 20-30 Reps
    Leg Raises - 15-20 Reps
    cut abs to 2 sets
    Workout #2

Squats - 12-15 Reps
    Leg Extensions - 12-15 Reps get rid of this
    Lying Leg Curls - 15-20 Reps and this
    Standing Calf Raises - 15-20 Reps
    Seated Calf Raises - 15-20 Reps drop these
    Shoulder Presses - 12-15 Reps
    Lateral Raises - 12-15 Reps
    Dumbell Shrugs - 12-15 Reps no need for these yet
    Triceps Pushdowns - 10-12 Reps
    One-Arm Cable Pushdowns - 10-12 Reps lastly get rid of this
    same rep scheme I laid out for workout one

I do each workout twice per week.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by qeynos View Post
    nope
    Why?

qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why?
    too much rest time

you should be hitting everything 2-3x a week

adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adambannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bodybuild2day View Post
    buddy you're overtrained! you're dehydrated is the first thing that comes to my mind when you say you get a headache after a few sets. take rest. get in ots of water, sleep, and food, and dont eat fatty meals before your workout like hot dogs and burgers, those kind of foods are not easily digested and your body releases an insulin spike that makes you tired. kindof like what thanks giving dinner does because you ate so much. have a healthy meal like chicken and rice, fruits for a prewrokout meal and a pre workout shake. you can find further details on this in the nutrition forums and supplement forums. also wait an hour before training instead of 30mins that'll help you. but aside from that everything you say is basically saying your overtrained.
    Ok it makes sense to wait longer before working out after eating. I actually eat healthy and can't stand sweet, fatty, or processed foods. My prework meal is usually 1 scoop of casein with 1 cup of milk and 1 packet of whole grain oats (not flavoured) with 1 tbsp of nat peanut butter. Depends on the day though.

too much rest time

you should be hitting everything 2-3x a week
    So would a full body workout be better at my stage? Know any good ones?

qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500)
    So would a full body workout be better at my stage? Know any good ones?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843 looks good (it only has 2 working sets and 7 exercises)

the one I did was something like 1 set to failure with 8-12(increase weight at 12) reps on:
    bench, row, shoulder press, curl, tricep extension, deadlift, squat, calve raise

made decent progress, don't think it was optimal though.. eventually 1 day off wasn't enough recovery time and had to change to a 2 day split

also make sure ur eating enough.. 500 calories above maintenance

Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most of the replys in this thread are garbage. You don't need a pre workout, you prob just need to deload and hydrate. A few people nailed it and everything else is bull****. Listen the what the guy a few posts up said.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843 looks good (it only has 2 working sets and 7 exercises)
    This workout looks like a good base except I don't see anything for triceps? Can I add a tricep exercise to the workout?

This workout looks like a good base except I don't see anything for triceps? Can I add a tricep exercise to the workout?
    yeah, or close grip bench works too.

also you can do regular DLs instead of SLDL if you want.

wouldn't add too much more stuff, might burn out. if you have trouble finishing you can do less warmup sets on the lighter lifts (plus you're mostly warmed up once you start)

johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000) johncrazyk123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry, here it is

Workout 1

Flat Bench Presses - 10-12 Reps
    Incline Flyes - 10-12 Reps
    Chins - 10-12 Reps
    One-Arm Rows - 10-12 Reps
    Standing Barbells Curls - 10-12 Reps
    Concentration Curls - 10-12 Reps
    Crunches - 20-30 Reps
    Leg Raises - 15-20 Reps

Workout #2