Registered User yogadancefit123's Avatar
    yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Picky Eater Keto Log

About me and keto - I am a picky eater. I do not like meat or cheese. I realize this is a problem. I still think keto is possible! A body building member referenced islands where people lived off of fish. This is a great inspiration, and kind of relaxing to imagine - I will be on a keto island vacation.

Day 1 - Ran 6 miles. I ate tuna, almonds, egg and spinach omlette, sugar free jello, broccoli, mushroom. The sugar free jello worked like a charm for my fruit craving! The almonds worked a little too well for my hunger. I don't normally like almonds all that much and having to eat them was a little unappetizing.

Day 2 - Ran 6 miles. The park was so nice. I practiced yoga and ballet balances on a beam there! I did not ride my bike much. Might take it for a ride in an hour. I had an egg and almonds this morning, half a can of tuna before running, and half after. I am not hungry now but will be around 6. I wonder if it's keto to have sugar free hot chocolate. I could go for that. It only has 5g carbs. I don't know what to have for dinner. I think if I weren't on keto I would have something salty, like popcorn, and blueberries. Omg I really want blueberries. Hm... what is a keto supplement for this kind of craving? Update: I totally failed at coming up with dinner. I got lazy and didn't go to the store. I could only have a little tuna bc I ran out of mustard. How can I eat this tuna without mustard? Do pple cook it? I forgot about wanting blueberries and cooked mushrooms and spinach. Then I blended the spinach with tuna - sooo good! If you are a picky eater and don't love tuna let alone meat, mix it with veggie! But seriously this cooking thing is hard. Why can't I just date someone who will do it all for me.

Day 3 - About to run 6 miles. I think I might be on keto because I woke up earlier this morning and felt better. Usually mornings are hard for me because of allergies. I was kind of bad this morning though because I didn't take my multivitamin. I have been trying to take them but I always get nausea and I have having to sit for 30 minutes after for it to go away. I have advice for anyone doing keto who is a picky eater; almonds are your best friend. I am getting tired of them tho so I might try to crush them up in a smoothie. I am also out of mustard so I have no idea what to do with this tuna. I am going to try to open my mind to cheese... ugh doesn't sound good. What else is there like almonds? Loving jello by the way. I will check out almond butters.

I am going to work on a scheduled plan. I will make a daily meal plan to follow. I have discovered I can pretty much eat all the almonds in the world, a lot of tuna, spinach, broccoli and mushroom obviously, and salmon. I found some of my brothers protein shake "myo fusion" I wonder if that's good? And I will see if his multivitamin doesn't also give me an upset stomach like my Nature+iron one.
    Last edited by yogadancefit123; 08-06-2012 at 08:35 AM.

yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yogadancefit123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh gosh I have not kept up with this log. Here's what it looks like:

Day 4: Ran 6 miles, ab work outs, got tired of almonds.

Day 5: Ran 6 miles, discovered tofu.

Day 6: Ran 6 miles.

Day 7: Ran six miles drank with friends.

Day 8: Regretted drinking with friends, ran 6 miles, drank with friends again.

Day 9: Ran 6 miles, recovered from weekend of drinking with friends.

Day 10: Discovered electrolyte drink! Planning to run 6 miles. Fully recovered from weekend of drinking with friends. Ran 6 miles. Tofu went bad... sour... never eating tofu again. I hate cooking. Ran 6 miles. Had a drink with a friend.

Day 12: Was much better after drink with friend! Foot hurt from cramp. Iced it. Ran 6 miles. Tried cottage cheese.
    Last edited by yogadancefit123; 08-15-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

Day 13: Ran 6 miles.
    You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow you run quite a bit! Have you noticed any differences in energy with the Keto and the long distances?

Read some studies that said your heart is supposed to be something like 25% more efficient running on ketones.
    Trust me.....I build race cars for a living
    *Turbo Everything Crew*
    *No FAP*

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you plan to continue eating fish, might wanna check out mecury and fish, can be toxic eating it everyday, try tilapia with butter, What about chicken, its really good when u grill it and dip it in butter instead of catchup or ranch dressing.

Originally Posted by MetalBoard View Post
    Wow you run quite a bit! Have you noticed any differences in energy with the Keto and the long distances?

Read some studies that said your heart is supposed to be something like 25% more efficient running on ketones.
    Well it's hard to say because whenever you run regularly you improve. So I am actually running more like 7 miles now. What I have noticed is at the end I am not tired, in fact I have added a hill climb and sit ups. I haven't noticed much of a runners high lately. If there is one it's more progressive and doesn't come suddenly when I finish.

Originally Posted by rustybones View Post
    If you plan to continue eating fish, might wanna check out mecury and fish, can be toxic eating it everyday, try tilapia with butter, What about chicken, its really good when u grill it and dip it in butter instead of catchup or ranch dressing.
    I know I am worried about mercury too. Does tilapia also run that risk? I am sick of tuna. I will prob not have it today. I couldn't eat chicken. I could hardly have it on a plate when it's served to me and preparing it myself sounds unappetizing. What about shrimp and mercury?

Day 14: Running 6 miles and biking today! Should be exciting. Only just realized that egg and tuna can be combined in tuna salad hahaha. Oh well I have never hard boiled an egg anyway.
    Last edited by yogadancefit123; 08-17-2012 at 08:13 AM.

MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yogadancefit123 View Post
    Well it's hard to say because whenever you run regularly you improve. So I am actually running more like 7 miles now. What I have noticed is at the end I am not tired, in fact I have added a hill climb and sit ups. I haven't noticed much of a runners high lately. If there is one it's more progressive and doesn't come suddenly when I finish.
    Thats just so much cardio. Have you started any weight training?

Originally Posted by yogadancefit123 View Post
    I know I am worried about mercury too. Does tilapia also run that risk? I am sick of tuna. I will prob not have it today. I couldn't eat chicken. I could hardly have it on a plate when it's served to me and preparing it myself sounds unappetizing. What about shrimp and mercury?

"Tilapia have very low levels of mercury, as they are fast-growing, lean and short-lived, with a primarily vegetarian diet, and so do not accumulate mercury found in prey." They are low in Omega three's so I would suggest supplementing to keep a good 3-6 ratio. Also the majority of farmed Tilapia comes from China but I noticed my local Costco has theirs coming from Honduras and I always trust them with good quality food, bout $3 per lb.

Have you looked into that protein powder? I have a shake I mix up that has about 40g pro and 30g fat with some omegas. The fat comes from coconut oil and makes the whole thing taste like a coconut chocolate shake. Easy to add those to regular meal to hit macros for the day.
    *Turbo Everything Crew*
    *No FAP*

Day 14: Biked 9 miles! (after running) Was AMAZING.
    Last edited by yogadancefit123; 08-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Thats just so much cardio. Have you started any weight training?

"Tilapia have very low levels of mercury, as they are fast-growing, lean and short-lived, with a primarily vegetarian diet, and so do not accumulate mercury found in prey." They are low in Omega three's so I would suggest supplementing to keep a good 3-6 ratio. Also the majority of farmed Tilapia comes from China but I noticed my local Costco has theirs coming from Honduras and I always trust them with good quality food, bout $3 per lb.

Have you looked into that protein powder? I have a shake I mix up that has about 40g pro and 30g fat with some omegas. The fat comes from coconut oil and makes the whole thing taste like a coconut chocolate shake. Easy to add those to regular meal to hit macros for the day.
    I am hoping to weight train really soon. I will start a new gym membership Sept 1. I am completely new to any body building stuff but excited to start. That chocolate coconut shake sounds amazing... I'm in! I have just been so busy I will have to get supplies really soon. As for tilapia, I am on it. SO sick of tuna. Thanks!

Exhausted today. I ran 6 miles but barely. Biking and running was fun yesterday but I wasn't planning on the 3 miles of walking I did with my friends last night. I am going to go to bed early.

I ate lunch meat today, it was disgusting. This is how I would eat if I weren't on keto:

Breakfast - coffee and apple or orange
    Lunch - cookie crisp with strawberries and almond milk OR strawberry spinach mandarin orange apple pear salad
    Dinner - vegetable and fish OR sugary oatmeal OR cookie crisp with strawberries and almond milk OR sushi

lol @ cookie crisp being a staple in your diet

Sushi is always my saturday cheat meal, lots n lots. So good
    *Turbo Everything Crew*
    *No FAP*

lol @ cookie crisp being a staple in your diet

Sushi is always my saturday cheat meal, lots n lots. So good
    Cookie crisp is the best thing in the world

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice and fun to read log, will you post new information about it though? Would love to see more. BTW you can eat lot more sea food like octopus, shrimps, squids, they are all good and extremely keto friendly.