dd123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One Arm Bigger than the other.. NEED HELP

Hey guys, I'm 19 Years old and ive just started working out/lifting weights etc. I used to do some here and there but now ive decided to really start. However, Ive been having a problem. My right bicep and shoulder and bigger than my other. My right bicep is about an inch bigger than my left one. My right shoulder is bigger and more defined than my left shoulder as well. I know you've heard this topic here alot of times, but I just needed some help because I havent seen a previous post with that much of a difference in arm size. I started to only work my left arm and try to get it on par with my right, but I've heard this is not a good method. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some feed back. Its really noticeable even in the clothing I wear, and I dont know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Registered User SpencerGull_old's Avatar
    SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    check out my pictures on my profile. I had this problem due to being a bow hunter. I would use my right arm to draw and it caused my entire right side to be bigger and more defined. If you want to even out..use dumbbells. If you absolutely must use a barbell, make sure you use light weight and focus on using both arms to move the weight.

ex.. If you doing DB bicep curls, do your smaller arm first. if you can only do 8 reps with your smaller arm. only do 8 with your right even though you may be able to do more. its the same with triceps and shoulders. eventually they will even out...

That is what I did and I feel that I have made my shoulders and arms pretty symetrical

dd123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So should I use the same weights on both sides as well? even though my right can handle more than my left

iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHyperion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, make sure you work them out evenly.

SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpencerGull_old has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dd123 View Post
    So should I use the same weights on both sides as well? even though my right can handle more than my left
    yes use the same amount of weight. you arms will equal out in size and strength soon enough

TMZhao has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TMZhao has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hit both arms equally as hard, its very hard to get them perfect, as genetics also play a role in this - keep adding mass and nobody will notice

skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    fap with your other arm

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless you have some sort of horrendous genetic mutation, you'll be fine. Keep lifting and it will even out.

jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skeeet27 View Post
    fap with your other arm
    This
    1000lb club by August

Originally Posted by TMZhao View Post
    hit both arms equally as hard, its very hard to get them perfect, as genetics also play a role in this - keep adding mass and nobody will notice
    you think genetics play a role in an under developed arm? what if he is right arm dominant and that made his right arm bigger? you think it would be genetics?

people who blame genetics make me laugh

JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JAMES140haha has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jpot View Post
    This
    This^^ dead serious. and while fapping FLEX the unholy hell out of your weaker side.

vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10) vinnyIU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man I have the same problem. Don't know how it happened. But it's becoming noticeable. My right are is bigger. I'm working on it though. I'm not weaker though in my left. It's more just how they look. Oh well, I'll just say I had a cast on it or something