Location: Rossendale, Liverpool, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Bez36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't bench more than 60kg?

I'm 19, have been going gym for around 1 year now. Last few months I have been going about 4, 5 times a week doing different muscles each day. I have seen a big difference in all areas but I am stuck at lifting 60kg on the bench press, I go on my own and nobody I know goes there, so having a partner is not possible, I can't lift more than 60kg and when I try I just fail after about 4 reps which can be bad when on your on. Any tips on how to break this barrier, my routine is 10 mins cardio, then chest press with free weights, chest press on machine then pulleys on the multi trainer. Thanks

Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Packham93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    troll?

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At 80lbs you are very light!

Anyway, you have some options:

1. Switch to dumbell presses. This will help you lift to max with no worries about failing. Will also help you get past this sticking point.
    2. Bench as normal, just dont put sleeves on the end of the bar - if you fail, bring the bar to the chest, tip one side up and let the weights fall free. not best advised but good in an emergency.
    3. Ask someone to spot you. Most people will be happy to do so on any of your heavy lifts.

good luck
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

Ok, cheers for you advice, I will give it a go! I think I weight a bit more no also aha

spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree with the other dude, stick to dumbbell presses if you can't get a spotter cause trying out your maxes with a barbell without a spotter is suicide.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You need to eat more and gain some weight otherwise you can't grow any muscle. Are your stats correct -? 80lbs?? Or is that 80kg?

spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You need to eat more and gain some weight otherwise you can't grow any muscle. Are your stats correct -? 80lbs?? Or is that 80kg?
    No way in hell is he 80 pounds, unless he's a midget.

OP is probably a phaggot yepimonfire's Avatar
    yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepimonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bez36 View Post
    I'm 19, have been going gym for around 1 year now. Last few months I have been going about 4, 5 times a week doing different muscles each day. I have seen a big difference in all areas but I am stuck at lifting 60kg on the bench press, I go on my own and nobody I know goes there, so having a partner is not possible, I can't lift more than 60kg and when I try I just fail after about 4 reps which can be bad when on your on. Any tips on how to break this barrier, my routine is 10 mins cardio, then chest press with free weights, chest press on machine then pulleys on the multi trainer. Thanks
    if you are 80lbs for real then that's your problem. eat more food.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    If he's 80lbs, ghosts have figured out how to use the interwebs. Awesome!

Haha yes thought it was Kg! I'm about 85kg now, also lifting about 85 on the bench press! Cheers for everyones advice

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha yes thought it was Kg! I'm about 85kg now, also lifting about 85 on the bench press! Cheers for everyones advice
    So you weight 85kg and you bench 85kg...that's not bad. Try doing some triples on your bench day say a 3x3 instead of your normal routine.
    OG

Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcastive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    So you weight 85kg and you bench 85kg...that's not bad. Try doing some triples on your bench day say a 3x3 instead of your normal routine.
    I am 62 kg and i bench press 85 kg max (6 reps, 80 kg 8 reps) but i use a belt and a spotter, OP as recommended try to use a spotter and make him help you to add more weights and lift it to break your chest plateau, i've been stuck on my chest weights too, a spotter helped me to increase more.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    By triples do you mean on a higher weight? So instead of say 3x8 on 60kg?, 3x3 on 80kg?

maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maccasman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Packham93 View Post
    troll?

dumb fuc k?

ma9alem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So can you inform everyone how you got from bench pressing 60kg to 80kg? I am stuck at the same place.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ma9alem View Post
    So can you inform everyone how you got from bench pressing 60kg to 80kg? I am stuck at the same place.
    Ancient thread, probably not going to reply.

Just do a well known routine that applies planned progressive overload to every lift like Fierce 5. Also eat a calorie surplus and adequate protein.