Leoalure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on getting more clients....

I recently started working at a smaller scale "chain gym" about 3 weeks ago. Basically, everything that they have said about having a client list set and feeding me clients has not happened. I have had to get every single client that I have with comp sessions and calling people that I know from previous gyms. I have even had a client stolen by one of the managers buddies.

My question is, what should I do. I need the work experience because it is my 1st job as a trainer. It is not my primary source of income but, I would like the job to be worth waking up and going to. At the moment, I am wasting a lot of time with free comp sessions and they are running out. I have business cards and a ******** page.

I also want to start MMA/Boxing cardio classes but, the manager is making false promises and giving me the run around.

What can I do to increase my client numbers and is there any other advice that you experienced trainers can give?

Thanks in advance

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Leoalure View Post
    I recently started working at a smaller scale "chain gym" about 3 weeks ago. Basically, everything that they have said about having a client list set and feeding me clients has not happened. I have had to get every single client that I have with comp sessions and calling people that I know from previous gyms. I have even had a client stolen by one of the managers buddies.

My question is, what should I do. I need the work experience because it is my 1st job as a trainer. It is not my primary source of income but, I would like the job to be worth waking up and going to. At the moment, I am wasting a lot of time with free comp sessions and they are running out. I have business cards and a ******** page.

I also want to start MMA/Boxing cardio classes but, the manager is making false promises and giving me the run around.

What can I do to increase my client numbers and is there any other advice that you experienced trainers can give?

Thanks in advance
    First off - the garbage treatment you're getting from lying and incompetent staff is not unusual. Don't stay at that gym a second longer than you have to. I've been in that position and when your managers are shaved apes, you're going to be mistreated and unhappy.

Second - I'm sure some other posters will be in here shortly to discuss sales strategies, and if not, they've made similar posts on tons of other threads around here if you take a look.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya I agree with Lex.
    When your trying to build your client base with no support from upper-management, you can expect to be doing mostly comp sessions in the beginning.
    Your a new face and nobody knows you or your style so unfortunately this is a necessary step you will have to make.
    If you are not getting a good vibe however, I would max out at 3 months. If after that time you are still struggling to find your place, move on to the next gym.

Meantime, if you are into the MMA, I would make a sign and offer a free 1-on-1 MMA workout to the members there. That would be a good way to market yourself and satisfy your true training passion...

bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bryan101b has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im not sure what a "comp" session is, but I would say one important thing would be to try to "wow" that client so that they either decide they want you as their traininer, or were so impressed, they recomend you to a friend.
    NCSA-CPT
    Solo
    Precision Nutrition Level 1 certified

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am a group fitness instructor and PT. I get a tonne of clients for PT from people who have attended my classes. They then tell their friends, who tell there friends. I'm also good at my job and have been at it for 10 years. It takes a while to build a reputation.

One of the big issues with the gym is they don't really have a large number of regular members. Also, the new members that come in are suppose to get a free 1st session when they sign. However, the employees are not even mentioning it and I don't get to see many 1st timers because they show up at different hours. The company is also at a transition were they are getting bought out and changing their name, structure, etc.

My manager is not even showing up at work for the last week so, it is very unorginized right now. From the comp sessions that I have had, i have a decent % of keeping the client. That is when they are not being stolen away from me on my days off. We had 3 trainers now we have 6 and they all are close friends of the manager. Even on the board, they have nicknames and I am T.N.G "the new guy."

Personal Training is a passion that I have and really want to be successful at it....

Registered physio(almost) wjs010's Avatar
    wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wjs010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't be intimidated by your fellow employees. Be respectful and take the high road if anything douchey happens, but if you aren't getting more clients there after a few months then you should move. There are too many gyms. Do you live alone and have a big room that you could turn into a small gym
    ? You may setup something in your business card that says you can do travel personal training also.

Another thing, you should make your own website. Www.weebly.com. It's free. Good luck bud

Thanks for the link. Im married but, I do have a 2 car garage that I was planning to turn into a studio gym. I already have a heavy bag, boxing equipment, some weights and was looking to add more equiptment. It's just pricy for a new comer like myself. I need flooring, I want to hopefully get mma padding for my other specialties....