cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coconut oil not staying solid in Room temp. (questions)

Okay, what i do know about the oil is that its labeled organic and extra virgin, its not the cheap stuff either ! My problem is that after storing the product on the shelf for about 2 days it went into liquid form with smaller solid clumps in it. I only wonder if this is something to get worried about regarding the quality of the oil, is it gonna oxidize ?

Also things that may have caused it are the fact that i have a small dorm room which tends to get easily warm/heated up from the heater and from me cooking here.

is this normal ? should i worry about this ?

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Melting point is 76 degrees.... it could easily melt in a warm dorm room.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Fats with the most saturated fatty acids are solid at room temperature; those with the most unsaturated fatty acids are liquid at room temperature.

cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cocktapuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NaLLa8705 View Post
    Melting point is 76 degrees.... it could easily melt in a warm dorm room.

Yeah sorta figured that, specially since i leave my heater on when i go out, and that i cook pretty much nonstop !

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Fats with the most saturated fatty acids are solid at room temperature; those with the most unsaturated fatty acids are liquid at room temperature.
    Yeah buddy i realize that ! that doesnt tell me how my VCO went liquid though !

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In before Synthetic teaches of fat... This gonna be good, I can feel it.
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

I guess if i clarify it a little bit more, Is it as stable to keep in its liquid form and will it still be long-lasting in terms of quality etc...

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The medium chain fatty acids will not be destroyed because your room gets warm. What's the big deal? Post #2 is on point. If you prefer your oil to stay hard, then keep it in the fridge.

Originally Posted by cocktapuss View Post
    Is it as stable to keep in its liquid form ...
    yes. Just don't store the oil in direct sunlight.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    yes. Just don't store the oil in direct sunlight.
    cool, thats more what i wanted to know