gordonc1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to get rid of stubborn stomach fat ?!

hey guys, i have been working out and lifting for a a while now. and my body seems to be defined excepted for my stomach area. i can't seem to loose the rest of the fat around my stomach. i understand many people lose the fat on the stomach last when cutting. I am currently 5'7 and 157 lbs. i was wondering what kind of diet/workout should i be doing in order to get rid of this stubborn stomach fat that won't go away no matter how much i work out and lift.

BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when burning fat you cant just target one specific area you will have to lose it all over.. i cant give you a diet but i can tell you find out your body fat percentage and your calorie maintenance and stay up your maintenance by a few hundred a day .. alot of people go 500 calories under ... also stay away from saturated and trans fats

IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    liposuction is the only way.

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    The whole ‘your stomach fat is the last to go’ argument is one big BS. Your body doesn’t have a checklist of fat spots to go through in sequence. Naturally, for most men out there, the majority of their fat concentration is around their midsection (for women it’s the thighs), hence, this is where you have the most amount of fat to lose. You stomach fat doesn’t go ‘last’, it goes in tandem with the rest of your body fat, but because that area has the largest amount of fat to begin with, it will be the last spot still carrying fat around it, long after your other body areas have shed theirs.

In short, you don’t lose fat in chronological order, it just takes you less time to lose fat where you had less/smaller fat concentration, and it takes you longer to lose where you have the most fat to lose. If you have 2lbs of fat to lose around your chest area, and 25lbs of fat to lose around your midsection, which spot will clear its fat faster?

Be patient, continue on a calorie-deficit diet, and exercise. It’s not rocket science, and there is no magic formula to getting rid to stomach fat. Whatever works on your other body parts (proper diet and exercising), works on your midsection as well, it’s no different – just takes longer because you have most fat to lose from that particular area.

Be patient, small steps, one milestone at a time, and you’ll get there eventually with hard work and dedication.

BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenoitSmithiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by speeed View Post
    the whole ‘your stomach fat is the last to go’ argument is one big bs. Your body doesn’t have a checklist of fat spots to go through in sequence. Naturally, for most men out there, the majority of their fat concentration is around their midsection (for women it’s the thighs), hence, this is where you have the most amount of fat to lose. You stomach fat doesn’t go ‘last’, it goes in tandem with the rest of your body fat, but because that area has the largest amount of fat to begin with, it will be the last spot still carrying fat around it, long after your other body areas have shed theirs.

In short, you don’t lose fat in chronological order, it just takes you less time to lose fat where you had less/smaller fat concentration, and it takes you longer to lose where you have the most fat to lose. If you have 2lbs of fat to lose around your chest area, and 25lbs of fat to lose around your midsection, which spot will clear its fat faster?

Be patient, continue on a calorie-deficit diet, and exercise. It’s not rocket science, and there is no magic formula to getting rid to stomach fat. Whatever works on your other body parts (proper diet and exercising), works on your midsection as well, it’s no different – just takes longer because you have most fat to lose from that particular area.

Be patient, small steps, one milestone at a time, and you’ll get there eventually with hard work and dedication.

great post!

xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronOynx View Post
    This
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just negged these two trolls.(zed and ironoynx)

SPEEED is right.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

''Thank you, Marc'' - Jason Genova

I rape back(prepare your anus)

hhall76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gordonc1991 View Post
    hey guys, i have been working out and lifting for a a while now. and my body seems to be defined excepted for my stomach area. i can't seem to loose the rest of the fat around my stomach. i understand many people lose the fat on the stomach last when cutting. I am currently 5'7 and 157 lbs. i was wondering what kind of diet/workout should i be doing in order to get rid of this stubborn stomach fat that won't go away no matter how much i work out and lift.
    most people are predisposed to fat storage in that area, it is last to go....generally, if you can get down to 5%bf and stay there for a month or more you wont have problems with it after that if you keep an eye on what you are eating and keep working out....btw, lifting alone isnt gonna get you there.....the treadmill will

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by hhall76 View Post
    most people are predisposed to fat storage in that area, it is last to go....generally
    Wrong. Read my post above ^^

It's not the last to go... it's the one with the most fat to lose... there lies the difference.

cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbrash1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SPEEED View Post
    The whole ‘your stomach fat is the last to go’ argument is one big BS. Your body doesn’t have a checklist of fat spots to go through in sequence. Naturally, for most men out there, the majority of their fat concentration is around their midsection (for women it’s the thighs), hence, this is where you have the most amount of fat to lose. You stomach fat doesn’t go ‘last’, it goes in tandem with the rest of your body fat, but because that area has the largest amount of fat to begin with, it will be the last spot still carrying fat around it, long after your other body areas have shed theirs.

exactly what i was going to say. 2 thumbs up

met-enkephalinaholic Pridehurtsform's Avatar
    Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    **** it
    Last edited by Pridehurtsform; 02-22-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: **** it
    BS in molecular biochemistry
    NASM certified personal trainer
    bench: 315
    squat: 365
    deads: 415
    video thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162544341&p=1258712431#post1258712431

"it's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

gordonc1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the helpful replies. I was wondering if my calorie intake is too high or too low ? at 1700 calories a day. with a clean diet.

xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000) xXZedXx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pthree View Post
    Just negged these two trolls.(zed and ironoynx)

SPEEED is right.
    No **** speed is right dickhead but OP asked how to target abdominal fat as in JUST abdominal fat, the fact that lipo is the only way is because you cant target an area to lose fat through exercise or diet id the irony in the answer LIPO, you are a dense **** for not realising this and negging :/

What speed wrote, anyone with a small amount of knowledge knows that.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not the last to go... it's the one with the most fat to lose... there lies the difference.
    Ermm... logically, if there's more of it and it's still there, it's the last to go.

Say there's a deep puddle and a shallow puddle. The deep one at the Equator where the Sun is hot and the shallow one at the Arctic where it's not so hot. The deep puddle is going to evaporate first. The shallow one is still evaporating. There may be less of it, but it's still the last to go.

What I think you mean is that pound for pound, it doesn't disappear faster or quicker than anywhere else on the body.

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Ermm... logically, if there's more of it and it's still there, it's the last to go.

Say there's a deep puddle and a shallow puddle. The deep one at the Equator where the Sun is hot and the shallow one at the Arctic where it's not so hot. The deep puddle is going to evaporate first. The shallow one is still evaporating. There may be less of it, but it's still the last to go.

What I think you mean is that pound for pound, it doesn't disappear faster or quicker than anywhere else on the body.
    Yup, that's exactly what I mean. Unfortunately, there are people out there that for some odd reason, REALLY believe that stomach fat *begins* to melt after all other fat areas have cleared out.... go figure...

thanks for the helpful replies. I was wondering if my calorie intake is too high or too low ? at 1700 calories a day. with a clean diet.
    Without knowing your BMR and exercise level, we can't answer that question. You first need to know what your BMR is. Then you need to add to that the number of calories your burn through exercising. Then you can subtract roughly 500 cals from that figure, to arrive at your magic number for proper fat loss rate.

pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xXZedXx View Post
    No **** speed is right dickhead but OP asked how to target abdominal fat as in JUST abdominal fat, the fact that lipo is the only way is because you cant target an area to lose fat through exercise or diet id the irony in the answer LIPO, you are a dense **** for not realising this and negging :/

What speed wrote, anyone with a small amount of knowledge knows that.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

''Thank you, Marc'' - Jason Genova

I rape back(prepare your anus)

Lmao

Originally Posted by pthree View Post
    I actually do get mad that the world comprises of so many stupid people with an opinion on everything and fuk all knowledge about anything.
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SPEEED is spot on.

That is all.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm pretty curious whether this is true. I think we can all agree that different people tend to store majority of their fats in different areas depending on their gender and genetics etc. So if our body is capable of storing fats in different areas at a "different rate" due to our genetics and other factors(unless you are trying to imply someone whos predisposed of gaining more fat on belly will start out gaining fat all around their body at the same rate and at certain point they only start gaining fat on their belly while other parts of their body stop gaining fat) then why is it that when we are losing fat our body is somehow capable of losing fat from all around our body at the exact same rate? By your logic if skinny fat person with belly were to go on a cut they should be seeing veins popping on their arms while they still have belly hanging over their pants which we know isn't the case for the most part. I'm not trying to argue since I really don't know jack **** about this matter but just curious about the validity of this statement

89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 89JVH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How many days a week do u exercise man? I'm the same height & weight range as u
    YouTube Fitness - www.youtube.com/1989JohnnyD
    YouTube Gaming - www.youtube.com/JohnnyDGaming89
    ******** - www.********.com/JohnnyD1989
    Twitter - @JohnnyDF1989
    Instagram - JohnnyDF89
    PSN - JohnnyDF89
    Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969931

albanianero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Motivation!

Thanks for your short, precise way of explaining

abuwaadia32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

90 day challenge, heard of it?

Originally Posted by IronOynx View Post
    I lost 25 lbs in my first 30 days

td021971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Paleo diet, surge training/parkour training 2 gallons of water per day