JackL07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am i eating too little to lose weight fast? (1000cal)

Hey guys,

My primary goal is to get down to 10 stone and then try eliminate my chest & belly fat ( see pics if interested in extent ) i lost arounds 8lbs in my first week, however i think a lot of that was water-weight.

I focused mainly on cardio for my first week of dieting and fitness and managed to give myself shinsplints so i am having to take it easy at the moment, the HIIT skipping i was doing must have been too much. Right now i am trying to weight train and try walk for an hour at least 3-4 times a week until my shin feels better and i can at least go back to running.

Right now i think i am eating pretty clean. Only trying to have lean meats, whole-meal bread, fat free yoghurts and vegetable soups. My main concern however is that i am eating too little to start seeing weight loss. I have seen various calculators saying i should be eating between 1500-2000 to see weight lose however i have been averaing 1000 a day and my energy levels have been fine and great.

Is this too low and am i going to hold on to body fat? I am coping fine with it, i have no hunger cravings. So i am wondering if i do not feel hungry, will my body still put itself into starvation mode? Looking for the best and fastest way to remove fat so i hope i am not shooting myself in the foot.

Thanks to anyone who pitches in!

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think any more than a 1000 calorie day defect will cause you to lose too much muscle. Your maintenance calories are around 1900-2000, sedentary. Either eat a bit more or cut out the cardio.

kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kojiiko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its crazy to eat so little. like the above post said u will start burning muscle and not fat. (which is not a good idea).
    Eat more

Oh, I did not realise it was going to be that bad for me. Thanks very much for the swift response. I really appreciate it!

So do you think eating 1500 while still doing my cardio will be enough? I am quite a short guy so i dont think i will be on the high end of calories required.

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JackL07 View Post
    Oh, I did not realise it was going to be that bad for me. Thanks very much for the swift response. I really appreciate it!

So do you think eating 1500 while still doing my cardio will be enough? I am quite a short guy so i dont think i will be on the high end of calories required.
    (Maintenance calories + Energy burned through exercise) - 1000 calories = what you should be eating minimum. Anywhere from 1300-1700 day should give some nice steady results with the cardio. If you dropped cardio/walking and just lived a sedentary lifstyle 1k cals would probably be enough.

I just cant imagine eating that little. 1500-1800 a day kills me.

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    (Maintenance calories + Energy burned through exercise) - 1000 calories = what you should be eating minimum. Anywhere from 1300-1700 day should give some nice steady results with the cardio. If you dropped cardio/walking and just lived a sedentary lifstyle 1k cals would probably be enough.

I just cant imagine eating that little. 1500-1800 a day kills me.
    I guess i was just so absorbed in the weight loss i kept my mind off it. I am quite happy at the fact i am allowed to eat more to be honest!

Thanks very much for the reply and helping to clarify things for me. I really appreciate it.

All the best!

4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So do you think eating 1500 while still doing my cardio will be enough?
    I am quite a short guy so i dont think i will be on the high end of calories required.

You're no shorter than me....
    and even going up to 1900 cal some days...still managed to drop .5-1.5 lbs weekly

try using this site calculator as your guide it helps
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

anonymous
    How are you fat at 152lbs? I'd be underweight with that and I am not that taller than you.

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess i was just so absorbed in the weight loss i kept my mind off it. I am quite happy at the fact i am allowed to eat more to be honest!

Thanks very much for the reply and helping to clarify things for me. I really appreciate it.

All the best!
    The main problem is that you are probably missing some important nutritional pieces if you eat that low. There is nothing inherently wrong with 1000 calories per day (I think that is the lower limit though), but if you aren't getting enough of your macronutrients and micronutrients this can be bad in the long run. This can lead to muscle loss as well as other things like not recovering from injuries as fast, etc. It is difficult to meet your nutritional needs below 1600 calories as a male. This is why that is often quoted as the lower limit unless under supervision. 1500 should be fine as long as you track your macros and get enough protein and fat. If you can't get enough then try 1600 and you should be able to meet your macros on that.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5

4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4one has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RazaF View Post
    How are you fat at 152lbs? I'd be underweight with that and I am not that taller than you.
    Why do you find that so shocking?
    Did you NOT look at the OP photos?

a person 5'6 with a BF range 25-30% ....can def look and be "fat" in 150's-160's

***I'm a freaking witness**

you are 4" inches taller .... so of course that would look "underweight" to you...

anonymous
    Originally Posted by 4one View Post
    Why do you find that so shocking?
    Did you NOT look at the OP photos?

a person 5'6 with a BF range 25-30% ....can def look and be "fat" in 150's-160's

***I'm a freaking witness**

you are 4" inches taller .... so of course that would look "underweight" to you...
    Because my lbm is 156. Also, I know a bunch of people around the same height and weight who are not fat at all. One guy is 165.