Closed Thread
    cmorris4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone else tried rebounding exercises?

My mom bought me a mini-trampoline for Christmas - she said that the results of using them are amazing for burning fat, overall well being, and even promoting lean muscle growth. At first i thought it was ridiculous, but then i looked it up and i think she was right. As quoted by NASA:

"Rebound Exercise is the most efficient, effective form of exercise yet devised by man."

It has to do with the gravitational effect of bouncing up and down. Research has shown that it actually affects every single aspect of your health, like cardio, lymph system, immune system, back strength, etc. According to NASA, rebounding exercises on a mini-trampoline burns more fat than jogging if you do it for more than 20 minutes per day. I haven't been using it enough to actually test this out for myself, so i throw the question out there - does anyone do this? does anyone have any success stories that involve a mini-trampoline? As far as i know it is the same with a regular trampoline, but it's nice to have one that fits in your house :P

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cmorris4 View Post
    My mom bought me a mini-trampoline for Christmas - she said that the results of using them are amazing for burning fat, overall well being, and even promoting lean muscle growth. At first i thought it was ridiculous, but then i looked it up and i think she was right. As quoted by NASA:

"Rebound Exercise is the most efficient, effective form of exercise yet devised by man."

It has to do with the gravitational effect of bouncing up and down. Research has shown that it actually affects every single aspect of your health, like cardio, lymph system, immune system, back strength, etc. According to NASA, rebounding exercises on a mini-trampoline burns more fat than jogging if you do it for more than 20 minutes per day. I haven't been using it enough to actually test this out for myself, so i throw the question out there - does anyone do this? does anyone have any success stories that involve a mini-trampoline? As far as i know it is the same with a regular trampoline, but it's nice to have one that fits in your house :P

NASA would never lie..(well, other than faking the moon landing....)

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Short answer.

NO. Never tried "Rebounding exercises" mainly because my dong is still an intregal part of my body.

Funny anecdote though.

When i was around 7 years old, we went to a birthday party with my family and the hosts had a trampoline in their yard. The kids were taking turns and as I was finishing my fun, some eager fatty decided she couldn't wait any longer. As I was approaching the edge she climbed on and her downward force propelled me skyward into a nose first dive. When I awoke, I was on a couch in the living room, being tended to by a lovely high school girl who apparently saw what happened and carried me inside. Just as I was coming to grips with what had happened my mom walked by and I quickly sat up like nothing was wrong. She had warned me earlier about that trampoline and I couldn't bear dealing with the overreaction that would come my way if she knew i faceplanted and got knocked out by some whale.

bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000) bonjjj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ffrink View Post
    NASA would never lie..(well, other than faking the moon landing....)
    I laughed.

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So, you are saying all I needed was a trampoline in college to give me that edge on the weekends?

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

I like rebounding exercise!!!

On a ore serious note, I don't exactly understand how something helping you lift your feet would burn more energy than doing it yourself.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    When people talk about lean muscle gains with these things, while it's possible, it's not realistic.

You can in theory get lean muscle gains from progressivly doing anything more intensely, be it hopping up and down as high as you can, or stomping the floor really hard like sumos.

But we're built to conserve energy so most people's minds aren't going to try very hard. The benefit to weight-lifting is you load enough force on the bar so that you know how hard you're working, because if you weren't, you wouldn't be lifting it.

You have no idea how high you're jumping on a trampoline, so you don't know if your legs are getting stronger. For those mini-rebounders people buy for fitness, you won't be jumping very high at all anyway, because it's too scary too.

The most effective rebounding would be on those giant enclosed ones where you can go crazy as hell jumping as high as possible over and over again. I'm sure it's a great form of cardio and could even help with the legs a little, but even then, it lacks the numbers, so unless you're lucky enough to be someone who instinctively increases intensity every time, you will stagnate.

OP your mother likely read the advertisements the manufacturers wrote, and believed it all.

Feel free to cite these NASA studies you're talking about. If the manufacturers are at all responsible they will provide links to them. If not, assume they're lying.

No doubt minor benefits were found, but there's an obvious problem with claims such as:
    rebounding exercises on a mini-trampoline burns more fat than jogging if you do it for more than 20 minutes
    If you don't see the inherent problem with this statement, think harder.

People can jog and jump at different intensities. So the comparison tells us nothing. All this means is that someone jogged half-assed so they'd get a low score in jogging compared to going crazy on some rebounder.

I could in theory burn more calories by throwing a 5lb weight in the air for 10 minutes than I could from throwing a 10lb weight in the air for 10 minutes. It would depend on how high I threw it, after all. But that doesn't mean dumbbell juggling is an ideal means of fat loss.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #53 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some of the top bodybuilders are astronauts...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #34 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #1 []---[]

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Evolution of my gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131836863

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    we had a new set of neighbors move in a few years ago...same age as my wife and I. Real nice couple. We were talking one day about exercise and this lady says she mini trampolined every day. My wife and I laughed and made fun of how silly that would be if it were true.....well she wasn't joking. We are not friends and she is still fat.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

katatlason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Questions For Y'all

Hey guys I’m looking to start trampolining/rebounding and am looking for some advice. I want to know what are your recommendations for rebounders? I’ve been reading many different views and accounts and am curious what information or even what models you guys have and use. What are you experiences with them (issues, good, bad, price, etc.)? I would be a great help, i don’t really know where to start, so many options!!

Thanks everyone,

Kevin!

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice bump.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Nice bump.

easy there skinny.

I'm lucky though, when I jump on a trampoline bottom it out so less chance of ripping.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    easy there skinny.

I'm lucky though, when I jump on a trampoline bottom it out so less chance of ripping.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I for one, would not be that close to a bison that wandered into someone's backyard.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by katatlason View Post

I want to know what are your recommendations for rebounders?
    Rebounders generally last for a long time because the fat people that buy them rarely ever use them.

So, don't be afraid to look for a second hand unit.

It will take up valuable space in your home and collect dust just as effectively as a brand new one would.