Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

detainted at walmart because I put an apple pie in under jacket (serious)

(This is a 100% serious thread, I will delete it soon because I used my real account)
    This is in the state of North Carolina
    I grabbed an apple pie (those 69 cent ones) with my left hand and put it under my jacket for a second as a joke and the loss prevention employee comes up to me and immediately tries to detain me for doing that, I am like "why are you detaining me I'm going to buy this and I haven't tried to leave the store with it and im trying to buy groceries" but the guy is literally pushing into me so I put down the pie and start leaving the store while he keeps pushing into me, I'm asking why are you detaining me and he basically says I can't leave and stuff even though I say I don't have any property on me and that he isn't allowed to stop me. I co-operate anyways and let him call the police over some snack worth less than a dollar even though I don't even have it on me. The police come and are basically just standing there while he makes his statement about this stuff and now I have a court date. any advice? I put it down before I left the stores doors to begin with

Other important facts:
    put down the wrong date of birth on the official statment even though I told him it (correctly) twice with multiple police as witnesses
    literal statement says this exactly:
    "The officer has probable cause to believe that on or on that (insert date) in the county named above that you did unlawfully and willfully steal, take, and carry away (an apple pie), the personal property of (walmart), such property having a value of ($1.00). (G.S. 14-72(a))"

This is what that statue is
    "§ 17-42. Contents of application.
    The application for the writ shall be made by the party to the suit or proceeding in which the writ is required, or by his agent or attorney. It must be verified by the applicant; and shall state–
    (1) The title and nature of the suit or proceeding in regard to which the testimony of such prisoner is desired.
    (2) That the testimony of such prisoner is material and necessary to such party on the trial or hearing of such suit or proceeding, as he is advised by counsel and verily believes."

from: http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislat...7/gs_17-42.pdf

Cliffs:
    put applie pie under jacket for a seconf
    feel like I am being illegally detained because the person does not explain to me what I have done to warrant me being confined inside walmart
    want to start selling drugs and prepare to take down the government because im a serious student trying to get a degree in chemistry and this bull**** happens to me

sorry the quality is so low, all I have to take pictures is the built in webcam of my laptop
    Last edited by Angra_Mainyu; 02-21-2012 at 01:16 AM.

E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    why did you put an apple pie under your jacket? enjoy life my man
    "... and at some point you have to know that the very thing you've been taught to be afraid of, you've now grown into" - Kai Greene

dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10) dickwadeater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just explain the situation as well as you did in the op...why cant you just leave?

Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by E77 View Post
    why did you put an apple pie under your jacket? enjoy life my man
    I did it as a joke but thats not even the point because im being charged for it.

@missionarystyle Valenzuelatech's Avatar
    Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What was the joke?
    http://www.********.com/valenzuelatech

My films: http://bit.ly/11BnxwE

Registered User American_Maniac's Avatar
    American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty sure its been clarified that you can put an item in a pocket or under your coat as long as you do not try to leave the store. You can probably sue once you beat the case.

raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000) raleighwho is just really nice. (+1000)

my mom was a lp once back in the day not sure if the law changed but you HAVE TO leave store property in order for them to detain you!

same scenario if you opened up a can of soda in the store! they cant detain you unless you leave without paying!!!
    ACTIVE LOG: ★★★AI Sports Nutrition MAGIC MATCHA SWEETENED LOG★★★ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144106921
    ★★★HYDROXYCUT HARDCORE ELITE MINI LOG★★★ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142947371
    PWO review for ManSports High Voltage Body Octane Citrus Breeze http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141712831
    COMPLETED 18 day log for SNAC P.E.D http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141897791

****PS3 NAME: troublefound

farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) farepare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in on epic thread
    I got caught for shoplifting when I was younger so I might me able to help you
    They waited until I left the store and then they detained me and took the stuff from me
    however that was in target and I am not sure how things work at walmart but personally I do believe you have case on your hands
    also why would you pretend to do something so stupid like that
    there was nothing to gain from the situation
    stay smart
    Last edited by farepare; 02-21-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: give advice I guess
    pronounced "farehh-parehh"

1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Angra_Mainyu View Post
    I did it as a joke but thats not even the point because im being charged for it.
    Joke? What's funny about that. Who were you trying to impress by pretending to steal an apple? Notsurifsrs.

E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000) E77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Angra_Mainyu View Post
    It is the point now, because it's that which you will be explaining to the court.

Go look up the statute for shoplifting/larceny/theft in your state, and see if you broke the law. Often the "intention to permanently deprive" someone of their goods is illegal. By putting something under your jacket, you may demonstrate intention.

EDIT - No more replies until OP shows pic of court documents etc. Censor whatever you need to.
    "... and at some point you have to know that the very thing you've been taught to be afraid of, you've now grown into" - Kai Greene

Originally Posted by American_Maniac View Post
    Pretty sure its been clarified that you can put an item in a pocket or under your coat as long as you do not try to leave the store. You can probably sue once you beat the case.
    Originally Posted by raleighwho View Post

my mom was a lp once back in the day not sure if the law changed but you HAVE TO leave store property in order for them to detain you!

same scenario if you opened up a can of soda in the store! they cant detain you unless you leave without paying!!!
    I physically left the store but I didn't even have the item on me, while the guy was physically blocking my way I was just like wtf and walked out. This might have been stupid but my thought process was, do not forcefully hold me inside walmart for stealing if I didn't walk out of the store with anything,

SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Lmao what's 1.00 to Walmart anyways

MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Security at Walmart cannot legally physically detain you. You either ****ed up by waiting for the police, or your rights were trampled on and can sue. It is probably the former though. You're just am idiot. Learn your rights. Two things you should know: never allow security to trick you into being detained and never allow the police in your home, or car without a warrant. Learn your lesson, pay your fine, and move on.
    Alcoholism is a disease of the whole person. Sober since May 2011.

Originally Posted by MtMostWanted View Post
    Security at Walmart cannot legally physically detain you.
    Are you sure there is no law for citizen's arrest in OP's state?

bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000) bigcc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    don't use a public defender

himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What a waste of taxpayer $. Seriously.

They have to prove you intended to steal it. Should've told that motherf*cker at Walmart you can only detain someone for an indictable offence, and if he touches you you'll have him done for assault. Hey, if he can screw you for a 69c apple pie then you should be able to screw him for touching you.

To OP. Why did you put it under your jacket? I can't see much lols coming from that.

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol. how exactly did they detain you? unless he's (probably illegally) tackling you, you're free to just walk your thieving ass out of the store
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1cheekykunt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cliffs:

OP tried to steal an apple and got caught.

lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lolbutttz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they can't do **** unless you tried to walk out with it. don't know why you even got a court date.

himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50) himynameisjames will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Security at Walmart cannot legally physically detain you.
    They can, ONLY if you've committed an indictable offence such as assault or attempting to hold them up and steal the $.

Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Smykowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    willfully steal, take, and carry away

technically you set it down and didn't carry it away let alone steal

MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MtMostWanted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by E77 View Post
    Are you sure there is no law for citizen's arrest in OP's state?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest

North Carolina does not have a citizens arrest law. Also, citizen's arrest is only allowed if the crime committed is a felony. There is not a state in the nation where a $0.69 item being stolen is a felony.
    Alcoholism is a disease of the whole person. Sober since May 2011.

SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SchwarzBruder is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    This how can Walmart detain u? The second he touched me I would have felt threatened and beat him up

Security at Walmart cannot legally physically detain you. You either ****ed up by waiting for the police, or your rights were trampled on and can sue. It is probably the former though. You're just am idiot. Learn your rights. Two things you should know: never allow security to trick you into being detained and never allow the police in your home, or car without a warrant. Learn your lesson, pay your fine, and move on.

ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ujellymisc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why the fuk would you put an apple pie under your jacket as a joke? is this real life? Guess you are just gonna have to pie the price OP.

31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 31337157 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should have left brother. Never co-operate if you don't have to, it always ends up in a mess.

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 1cheekykunt View Post
    Cliffs:

OP tried to steal an apple and got caught.
    Cliffs: Multiple posters in this thread can't read.

Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Srs.

They cannot detain someone they believe to be shoplifting unless they maintained a visual on OP from putting the item into his jacket to him leaving the store.

The reason that rule is in place is so that exactly this situation doesn't take place, its big trouble for them if you didn't have the item once you were detained outside.

You're still a f*ckstick for putting sh*t in your jacket in a shop.
    Starting weight - 220lbs 23/08/09

*Always gets fukked over by 6, even though I know 1 will be best crew*

*Negs on sight for HighHurdler by request*

Seriously how can they prove op was going to steal putting stuff in your pocket is no different the. Putin it in a bag. If he didn't walk out with out paying what crime did he commit ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest

North Carolina does not have a citizens arrest law. Also, citizen's arrest is only allowed if the crime committed is a felony. There is not a state in the nation where a $0.69 item being stolen is a felony.
    Okay, in my state in Aust you can make an arrest when you witness any offense (+ more).

imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10) imsmarterthanu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    land of the freeeeeeeee